• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

What makes a corruption credible?

Erolath

Apr 29, 2024
Hello there,
I'm making text-based game with female protagonist. I'm struggling with corruption system and I don't know how to proceed with it further. Game setting is dark fantasy. Player character is divine being, but I don't know how to make it credible. How one can corrupt something divine? Few things that comes to my mind are rituals requiring sexual intervention or committing evil deeds. What are the steps? It wouldn't look like credible, if main character had sex after masturbating few times. I don't want to make prude and innocent goddess who does not know about sex. I have problem with balancing it. What advices can you give to me?

AlternateDreams

I'm tired, boss.
Game Developer
Apr 6, 2021
I don't want to make prude and innocent goddess who does not know about sex.
So how does she know sex? Is she a virgin or does she already have experience? With whom? Was she divine at the time, or was she once human?

You could play on the fact that she's too far removed from humanity.
Her divine aspect means that she doesn't experience the same things as humans, that her existence doesn't have the same constraints.
But where she believes this is necessarily an advantage for her, you could remind her that she's given up (if she was once human) or is missing out on experiences (if she only knows sex "from the books").

Another way: what's her goal? Her aspirations? If you know what she's looking for, you can use it to your advantage to control and manipulate her. Why would she engage in such activities? What's in it for her? Maybe it will help her maintain her power in some way? or increase it? Keep the "peace" or at least the world as it is?

You also said she wasn't prude or innocent. What other traits does she have? I imagine she also has human feelings/emotions like joy, anger, curiosity, love, etc.? These are also levers you can exploit as if she were human. By the way, what exactly makes her divine?

It's all very cliché, but answering these questions may give you some clues to corrupt her.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Lerd0

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
How one can corrupt something divine?
..i mean.....there's so many angel and goddesses being corrupted in hentai...
...maybe read some......see what u like in them...
1714474475714.png
So how does she know sex? Is she a virgin or does she already have experience? With whom? Was she divine at the time, or was she once human?

Her divine aspect means that she doesn't experience the same things as humans, that her existence doesn't have the same constraints.
But where she believes this is necessarily an advantage for her, you could remind her that she's given up (if she was once human) or is missing out on experiences (if she only knows sex "from the books").

Another way: what's her goal? Her aspirations? If you know what she's looking for, you can use it to your advantage to control and manipulate her. Why would she engage in such activities? What's in it for her? Maybe it will help her maintain her power in some way? or increase it? Keep the "peace" or at least the world as it is?

You also said she wasn't prude or innocent. What other traits does she have? I imagine she also has human feelings/emotions like joy, anger, curiosity, love, etc.? These are also levers you can exploit as if she were human. By the way, what exactly makes her divine?

It's all very cliché, but answering these questions may give you some clues to corrupt her.
....seein regulars from ma thread being helpful is still weird to me.....
...too used to it all just being dum dums.....

• Haha
Reactions: AlternateDreams

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Hello there,
I'm making text-based game with female protagonist. I'm struggling with corruption system and I don't know how to proceed with it further. Game setting is dark fantasy. Player character is divine being, but I don't know how to make it credible. How one can corrupt something divine? Few things that comes to my mind are rituals requiring sexual intervention or committing evil deeds. What are the steps? It wouldn't look like credible, if main character had sex after masturbating few times. I don't want to make prude and innocent goddess who does not know about sex. I have problem with balancing it. What advices can you give to me?
It's all about character's motivation. She should be in a situation in which she may feel compelled to do lewd things in order to maintain her status as a divinity, or her powers, or something like that. Of course she knows almost everything about sex, she's been around humans and other sex-craving gods and goddesses for ages, but she never had it for real until now, as now there's no other choice. Think about Greek mythology and wonder what could happen to the chast Artemisia if suddenly her twin brother Apollo (or some other god) goes crazy and defeat Zeus or whatever and try to impose a new order in Olympus, with common people seeking his approval and bending to his lewd wishes and forgetting about those other gods and goddesses who aren't much sex-inclined. All these gods lose their powers as people don't believe in them anymore. So she must navigate that situation to convince other fallen gods and common folks to follow her instead, but she's powerless and must regain her strength the way the rules dictates now, commiting disgusting lewd things with peasants or forging new alliances with gods more powerful than her (who will demand sexual gratification in exchange for their help). She is an ambitious being and, while she could remain powerless and live a common life following her chast ways, she just can't help it but fight for getting her position back among the important gods, and that means doing unthinkable things because her ultimate goal justifies it at her eyes. The last step to get back in power is to oblige to some god's utterly disgusting request, so of course she refuses at first but then, slowly, as she keeps getting more experience and more power by doing less demanding actions, she realizes this is the only thing that would allow her to get her full power back and then even some. And she rationally craves for that power, while deep down she now craves for getting that rough treatment too. That would be a credible corruption evolution, to me.

Erolath

Apr 29, 2024

1. She was powerfull deity in past - had her own empire/kingdom. It's hard to say that she is virgin or have experience, she was sealed in void for many centuries. At this point, there are not many information about player character - but for sure, she was god since the beggining.

2. As earlier - she was a patron of once huge empire. In my vision, gods are not omnipotent or omniscient. They're like more greek gods, they're impulsive lustful - just have human side to them. The main problem is with lack of backstory, it will be explained in later part of game. She isn't naive.

3. Goal - rebuilding kindom/ recovering lost strength / finding truth about past, and how she got sealed.

4. As god, she can be kind to her followers but merciless enemies who threaten her land. Yes she has human emotions, for example like greek gods. What makes her divine? Good question - probably lineage/heritage. It is still unknown how gods were created. However some people can ascend to higher plane, and also become god - but MC is god because she is god.

I know it's still bare-bones, but this is my side-project I'm making in free time.

Erolath

Apr 29, 2024
..i mean.....there's so many angel and goddesses being corrupted in hentai...
...maybe read some......see what u like in them...
View attachment 3588938

....seein regulars from ma thread being helpful is still weird to me.....
...too used to it all just being dum dums.....
I remember one hentai, but it was about Aphrodite :LOL:

Erolath

Apr 29, 2024
It's all about character's motivation. She should be in a situation in which she may feel compelled to do lewd things in order to maintain her status as a divinity, or her powers, or something like that. Of course she knows almost everything about sex, she's been around humans and other sex-craving gods and goddesses for ages, but she never had it for real until now, as now there's no other choice. Think about Greek mythology and wonder what could happen to the chast Artemisia if suddenly her twin brother Apollo (or some other god) goes crazy and defeat Zeus or whatever and try to impose a new order in Olympus, with common people seeking his approval and bending to his lewd wishes and forgetting about those other gods and goddesses who aren't much sex-inclined. All these gods lose their powers as people don't believe in them anymore. So she must navigate that situation to convince other fallen gods and common folks to follow her instead, but she's powerless and must regain her strength the way the rules dictates now, commiting disgusting lewd things with peasants or forging new alliances with gods more powerful than her (who will demand sexual gratification in exchange for their help). She is an ambitious being and, while she could remain powerless and live a common life following her chast ways, she just can't help it but fight for getting her position back among the important gods, and that means doing unthinkable things because her ultimate goal justifies it at her eyes. The last step to get back in power is to oblige to some god's utterly disgusting request, so of course she refuses at first but then, slowly, as she keeps getting more experience and more power by doing less demanding actions, she realizes this is the only thing that would allow her to get her full power back and then even some. And she rationally craves for that power, while deep down she now craves for getting that rough treatment too. That would be a credible corruption evolution, to me.
Yeah, I'm making gods slightly based on greek gods behaviours. They're nasty, cruel and make mistakes, but not every gods is like that. She is not completely powerless, but lost huge part of powers. Currently there are 2 H-scenes. First - lifting curse from bandits - leader said about using sex as amplifier to help lift curse - If player go with this option, there will be bigger increase in amount followers, because bandits feel obliged to serve MC - she is determined to succeed. Another scene is masturbation in hot springs - who said that gods don't like pleasure?
Although I have idea for plot, I find it hard to include fitting H-scenes. I thought about rewarding followers after victorious battle. Also there will be H-scenes when MC lost against other gods. They will claim mc body. There are also a lot of minor deities, like lesser orcish deity living among orc village.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Yeah, I'm making gods slightly based on greek gods behaviours. They're nasty, cruel and make mistakes, but not every gods is like that. She is not completely powerless, but lost huge part of powers. Currently there are 2 H-scenes. First - lifting curse from bandits - leader said about using sex as amplifier to help lift curse - If player go with this option, there will be bigger increase in amount followers, because bandits feel obliged to serve MC - she is determined to succeed. Another scene is masturbation in hot springs - who said that gods don't like pleasure?
Although I have idea for plot, I find it hard to include fitting H-scenes. I thought about rewarding followers after victorious battle. Also there will be H-scenes when MC lost against other gods. They will claim mc body. There are also a lot of minor deities, like lesser orcish deity living among orc village.
You said you wanted a corruption arc. Then you need someone, something, more powerful than her and 'forcing' her into doing lewd things she'd normally refuse to do. Maybe a mentor or a sidekick (like a mad priestess of her long-forgotten cult) who is well-versed in the current world's rules and tries to guide her (maybe mistakenly or ill-intendedly) as she's been out for too long and things work a bit different now? Of course this side character will focus on the lewdest aspects, making her believe that there's no choice for her but doing those nasty things. Ideally, there always should be a way out, though, just not too obvious or a little else effective (although that can vary depending on the game's tone - a more casual or humorous narrative could include funny or dumb scenes if you are really able to write them properly, which is not easy). But in the end, she must see sex as the only (or the fastest) way to achieve her ultimate goal, shocked and even disgusted at first, then slowly realizing she actually loves it even if It has nothing to do with her quest.

• Haha
Reactions: Geigi

Erolath

Apr 29, 2024
You said you wanted a corruption arc. Then you need someone, something, more powerful than her and 'forcing' her into doing lewd things she'd normally refuse to do. Maybe a mentor or a sidekick (like a mad priestess of her long-forgotten cult) who is well-versed in the current world's rules and tries to guide her (maybe mistakenly or ill-intendedly) as she's been out for too long and things work a bit different now? Of course this side character will focus on the lewdest aspects, making her believe that there's no choice for her but doing those nasty things. Ideally, there always should be a way out, though, just not too obvious or a little else effective (although that can vary depending on the game's tone - a more casual or humorous narrative could include funny or dumb scenes if you are really able to write them properly, which is not easy). But in the end, she must see sex as the only (or the fastest) way to achieve her ultimate goal, shocked and even disgusted at first, then slowly realizing she actually loves it even if It has nothing to do with her quest.
I think, your idea with mad priestess could be fine addition. Her long-forgotten cult made ritual to awoken her, but shortly after it ended, they were ambushed, some of them died in proccess. So, intro is about traveling to their Eden - place where they will rebuild their former power and empire.
I thought about one quest involving absorbing other god power through intercourse. It can enhance her divine power, and she notices that this method also works with mortals. But power comes with cost.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
You said you wanted a corruption arc. Then you need someone, something, more powerful than her
doesn't need to be more powerful, only persuasive. you talk them into it, crossing small lines they don't think are dealbreakers, slowly getting much deeper into debauchery than you'd have ever accepted in the beginning. first it's all personal growth and reaching your potential, a while later it's branding your slave rings to deliver more girls to fuck for the leader.

cult leaders don't use power they use words.

Last edited:
Reactions: moskyx