What makes a corruption game good?

kiroplan101

Nov 10, 2022
hellos, Ladies and gentlemen. I want to make a corruption game, but I don't know what is the process, I ask myself how to make it credible and good. The only thing that comes to mind are mystical powers that gradually make the person more and more of a whore. But what other ways are there to get there? Is there good corruption that does not make you look like the bad guy? And what are the steps? since in my mind the transformation is kinda instantaneous. Also could you recommend me the best games of corruption, 2d if possible. Or what advices can you give me?

Last edited:

dmmt

May 8, 2020
RPGM game, but not at all a typical RPGM game. ALso, the best true corruption game I have seen in several years:

Cohabitation

Slow build, gradual progression, various means of moving the needle forward, the ability to go "too far" and blow the whole thing up. All of these are key. This game, uses only 2 "drugs" (sleeping pills and aphrodisiac; added to meals. OK, there is a 3rd drug...blood pressure meds to interfere with the husbands ability to perform.) Blackmail plays a part in the corruption of the mother in this game.

But no magics, no amazing magical potions, no hypnosis. True corruption of the neice thru playing on her naivete, innocence and natural curiosity.

Last edited:
Reactions: researchpurposes

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
Here are some of the better examples of different corruption arcs:

Gaslighting / grooming naive students - https://f95zone.to/threads/witch-trainer-silver-mod-v1-45-3-silver-studio-games.1697/

Slow gradual mind-control and social engineering - https://f95zone.to/threads/star-knightess-aura-v0-18-3-aura-dev.76764/

Dubcon, Stockholm syndrome - https://f95zone.to/threads/princess-tower-v-0-12-public-2-euphemismus.61342/

Talking them into it (heavy dubcon version) = https://f95zone.to/threads/tyrant-quest-beta-1-redikal.30393/

The only rape-based trainer that I sat through and actually found pretty decent - https://f95zone.to/threads/venus-blood-chimera-ninetail-dual-tail.11015/

Though the humor misses more often than not, and the dialogues aren't as funny in English as the dev probably thinks, the hypno scenes are on-point - https://f95zone.to/threads/defenestration-v0-4-9-2-fresh-mulan.10695/

Semi-consensual blackmail (yes, that's a thing) - https://f95zone.to/threads/news-desk-v1-0-pyorgara.22148/

Mostly consensual femsub exhibitionist MC with a bit of help from mind-control - https://f95zone.to/threads/succum-brewery-v0-20a-limejuicegames.134566/

Last edited:

Living In A Lewd World

Jan 15, 2021
The best corruption game I know is "The Headmaster". It is 3DCG and has no mind-control at all, but the means of corruption that are represented in the game are multifold, diverse and very well thought-through.

Kamishirov

Sep 22, 2023
There should be a trigger that compels her corruption, it could be so simple a thing as pleasure but that's in my opinion not really good enough a reason in and of itself.

I really hate magical powers and aphrodisiac drugs, it's such a cop out, "Haha, magical potion now she do everything I want", if there's some ugly bitch who wants to get in my pants but she slips some aphrodisiac into my porridge every evening I'm just going to crack as many out as necessary, if she comes into the bathroom I'm going to beat her ass! If that's your bag then just make an ugly bastard, physical violence, rape game. Aphrodisiac is such bullshit! It's more likely that it'll backfire and she'll fuck some chad at school or something.

The corruption should really mean something, I want her corruption to have heart and soul in it, reluctance is a fine thing but if she isn't at least on some level aware of what's going on then what's the point? Mind break is just like cutting the strings on a puppet, interest is gone and the shows over from then on.

Like what dmmt said, "True corruption is playing on naivete, innocence and natural curiosity." Nothing makes my balls tighten more than a girl's naivete and the opportunities it presents.

Reactions: Waifuhunter666

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I want to make a corruption game, but I don't know what is the process, I ask myself how to make it credible and good.
Strictly speaking a good corruption game would stand more on the side of Dating My Daughter than on the side of any game having the "corruption" tag. Through convincing talks, and ambiguous situations, you slowly (but not as slowly than DmD) lead the girl to engage in sexual interactions and activities that she wouldn't have thought about by herself. But, precisely because the corruption do not rely on an external factor, those games aren't labelled as it.
All games recognized as corruption ones, rely either on magic, drugs, hypnosis, force and abuse, or on a position of authority.

Or what advices can you give me?
Don't tell a story that you don't know how to tell. And if you need to ask what make a corruption game, doesn't that mean that you don't know how to tell a corruption story ?

Reactions: woody554

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
The only thing that comes to mind are mystical powers that gradually make the person more and more of a whore. But what other ways are there to get there? And what are the steps? since in my mind the transformation is kinda instantaneous.
Well... my first advice would be to abandon this thinking because mystical powers that just drastically change the individual, and instantaneous changes are exactly the things that make me close the game and write a scathing review. If you are just using the idea that the best way to get advice on internet is not to ask an open question, but to lead with an intentionally wrong statement, then congrats, it was smart.

While I could expand the list of games I'd recommend (Going Deeper, Claire's Quest, Noxian Nights, Third Crisis), the game I'm gonna use as the main example was already listed by our resident Goblin and that is Witch Trainer (with or without silver mod, it's not a fundamental difference for this discussion)

Corruption is about slow, gradual changes. It's fundamentally about a journey from purity to sluttiness and/or submission. Now, as mentioned, you can make a story where you just indoctrinate the corruptee with sweet talk only. But realistically that would be so fucking slow that every reader would abandon the story less than a quarter way in. Hence, corruption stories take a shortcut: they find a vulnerability in the target and exploit it to speed up the process.

There are different types of vulnerabilities, some better than other, but most of them do vest the corruptor with some degree of authority. Which is generally okay, it's a power balance that corruption fans either actively enjoy or don't mind. But the key word there is "some". The better types of vulnerabilities don't skew the power balance too much because that just makes it dull. So, corruption through outright rape or hard mind control: bad, boring, not believable, or even repulsive to some. Blackmail too, although there are some asterisks.

The good kind of corruption basically bribes the girl. Which brings us to Witch Trainer and what made it so good and popular. (Well, the art quality should not be discounted, and there were some demographic factors which made a HP parody extra popular at the time, but still). The key factor was that Hermione willingly threw away her purity, for nothing. Those stupid house points don't really matter, in the source material the House of Protagonist always wins, exactly because it was House of Protagonist. And even if not, who the fuck cares anyway about something that superficial. But the smart girl Hermione isn't actually smart to realize that. And so she willingly exchanges her the totality of her dignity for... what essentially is a virtual currency. The equivalent of whoring herself out for video game lootboxes. And she came to love it. Aaaaaaah, that's degenerate. *Chef's kiss*

Now, blackmail and coercion. These things work well enough when the stimulus is fairly weak. Do the thing or I will do mild reputational damage. Make a transgression small enough that obedience can be attributed to alone. That kind of method works for decent stories. What doesn't work is "Suck my dick or I will kill your brother", don't do that. It's just rape with extra dialogue (and yes, there is a game that does exactly that).

Hope that helps a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: kiroplan101

kiroplan101

Nov 10, 2022
Well... my first advice would be to abandon this thinking because mystical powers that just drastically change the individual, and instantaneous changes are exactly the things that make me close the game and write a scathing review. If you are just using the idea that the best way to get advice on internet is not to ask an open question, but to lead with an intentionally wrong statement, then congrats, it was smart.

While I could expand the list of games I'd recommend (Going Deeper, Claire's Quest, Noxian Nights, Third Crisis), the game I'm gonna use as the main example was already listed by our resident Goblin and that is Witch Trainer (with or without silver mod, it's not a fundamental difference for this discussion)

Corruption is about slow, gradual changes. It's fundamentally about a journey from purity to sluttiness and/or submission. Now, as mentioned, you can make a story where you just indoctrinate the corruptee with sweet talk only. But realistically that would be so fucking slow that every reader would abandon the story less than a quarter way in. Hence, corruption stories take a shortcut: they find a vulnerability in the target and exploit it to speed up the process.

There are different types of vulnerabilities, some better than other, but most of them do vest the corruptor with some degree of authority. Which is generally okay, it's a power balance that corruption fans either actively enjoy or don't mind. But the key word there is "some". The better types of vulnerabilities don't skew the power balance too much because that just makes it dull. So, corruption through outright rape or hard mind control: bad, boring, not believable, or even repulsive to some. Blackmail too, although there are some asterisks.

The good kind of corruption basically bribes the girl. Which brings us to Witch Trainer and what made it so good and popular. (Well, the art quality should not be discounted, and there were some demographic factors which made a HP parody extra popular at the time, but still). The key factor was that Hermione willingly threw away her purity, for nothing. Those stupid house points don't really matter, in the source material the House of Protagonist always wins, exactly because it was House of Protagonist. And even if not, who the fuck cares anyway about something that superficial. But the smart girl Hermione isn't actually smart to realize that. And so she willingly exchanges her the totality of her dignity for... what essentially is a virtual currency. The equivalent of whoring herself out for video game lootboxes. And she came to love it. Aaaaaaah, that's degenerate. *Chef's kiss*

Now, blackmail and coercion. These things work well enough when the stimulus is fairly weak. Do the thing or I will do mild reputational damage. Make a transgression small enough that obedience can be attributed to alone. That kind of method works for decent stories. What doesn't work is "Suck my dick or I will kill your brother", don't do that. It's just rape with extra dialogue (and yes, there is a game that does exactly that).

Hope that helps a little.
Thanks, Now I have it clearer, I will use bribery, deception and a bit of blackmail instead of weird magics. Then I need to think about how to do the steps, i.e. at what moment to start to corrupt her, will it be sexual from the beginning? when it gets corrupted? And what levels of corruption are there? there will be good corruption that does not make you look like the bad guy? I will play the games that were recommended to me to figure it out.

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
You ever play Rimworld?

You don't have a lot of control over your starting circumstances but you have control over what you build.

It starts off neatly and orderly. Systematically. You probably know what to build first, simple structures. One thing at a time.

An illusion of stability forms.

All the choices are yours and you even know most of the consequences of your actions.

But as one thing builds on the next. Lesser consequences build upon each other and the bulk of the structure starts to spiral out of control.

It's like that. But with a girl.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Or what advices can you give me?
I would give a couple of general tips, but the truth is that if the concept is not formed in your head, then no amount of advice will help you. Only a writer who has enough imagination to translate this idea well and correctly into the plot will help you.
So take your magic idea and develop it. It will be a low-grade plot, but it's better than nothing. :)

kiroplan101

Nov 10, 2022
Here are some of the better examples of different corruption arcs:

Gaslighting / grooming naive students - https://f95zone.to/threads/witch-trainer-silver-mod-v1-45-3-silver-studio-games.1697/

Slow gradual mind-control and social engineering - https://f95zone.to/threads/star-knightess-aura-v0-18-3-aura-dev.76764/

Dubcon, Stockholm syndrome - https://f95zone.to/threads/princess-tower-v-0-12-public-2-euphemismus.61342/

Talking them into it (heavy dubcon version) = https://f95zone.to/threads/tyrant-quest-beta-1-redikal.30393/

The only rape-based trainer that I sat through and actually found pretty decent - https://f95zone.to/threads/venus-blood-chimera-ninetail-dual-tail.11015/

Though the humor misses more often than not, and the dialogues aren't as funny in English as the dev probably thinks, the hypno scenes are on-point - https://f95zone.to/threads/defenestration-v0-4-9-2-fresh-mulan.10695/

Semi-consensual blackmail (yes, that's a thing) - https://f95zone.to/threads/news-desk-v1-0-pyorgara.22148/

Mostly consensual femsub exhibitionist MC with a bit of help from mind-control - https://f95zone.to/threads/succum-brewery-v0-20a-limejuicegames.134566/
Thanks I'm starting with witch trainer and I'm liking it but I think it would be too much for me to do something similar. Can I make a good game of corruption more simple or linear? without so many edges and variants?

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
Thanks I'm starting with witch trainer and I'm liking it but I think it would be too much for me to do something similar. Can I make a good game of corruption more simple or linear? without so many edges and variants?
Well you could look into visual novels, like Tyrant Quest for male MC or GGGB for female.

kiroplan101

Nov 10, 2022
well i know my limits, And while playing it, I realized that I prefer it to be more linear and faster paced.

Aug 26, 2023
Corruption is my favorite genre. I was lurking here so I thought I should comment ( I dont like writing big paragraph so I'll keep it simple)

Mind control, rape, drugs etc I dont even considerate this as corruption
Slow corruption is the true corruption

Im also looking to develop a game based on corruption.So I'll just add some key features
Naivete/ Innocence of female character
Beautiful female character with nice curves xD ---- I dont want to corrupt some ugly bitch haha
Renders/ CG ---- I dont play crappy renders. Instant turn off for me
Planning ---- Protagonist or whoever going to corrupt must have good planning tactics.

Living In A Lewd World

Jan 15, 2021
What do you mean with edges and variants?
Do you mean the sandbox? Or the clothing system?

kiroplan101

Nov 10, 2022
What do you mean with edges and variants?
Do you mean the sandbox? Or the clothing system?
Yeah, everything, it has a lot of dialogue options, it has a mood system for the girls, gifts, the characters are very customizable, and personally it was very slow for me. i think i want something simpler, like as simply following a linear story with perhaps a few options that affect little or nothing. I think I want something like summer saga or sexnote with a simple corruption system.

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
Is there good corruption that does not make you look like the bad guy?
It's pretty weird demand since corruption literaly means a process of good person becoming bad. I think you should probably look more into bimbofication, netorase or something like that, instead of corruption.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
well i know my limits, And while playing it, I realized that I prefer it to be more linear and faster paced.

OK...pacing....corruption BY DEFINITION, will be slow paced. You simply are NOT going to turn a good 18 yr old virgin, into your personal sex slave, over a weekend. It is going to take..MONTHS. The actual timing, is going to depend on how frequently the MC has lengthy interactions with the "target". Certain druggings would be used to speed the process, but thats more mind control than it is corruption.

Mind control...removes the targets personal will and makes them do what you demand.
Corruption...alters the targets base personality so they WANT to do, what you want to demand.

There is a sometimes subtle difference between the two. Mind Control can be much quicker paced, in that once the appropriate level of trust is attained, administering the drug becomes easier and easier. Once a sufficient doseage has been administered, degradation of the targets will can commence.
Corruption, is going to be much slower process of nudging along your targets level of curioisty, while trying to also build their trust in you, as you try and strengthen a tie between the two of you.

Seriously, play Cohabitation. I have not found a true corruption game that does it better.

Now, personally I dont care for 'thick' girls, and I dont care for boobs that would derail a passing train. I'd TRULY like to see this game remade in Renpy, using DAZ assets, animation, and a petite niece (18 yr old built like a 15 yr old) with her mother being more the Jane Seymour type than the Kirstie Alley type.

Last edited:

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
maybe try first writing a few corruption stories or 10, to get a better handle on the story flow and what kind of corruption you actually like. start from short and simple, then write new ones with gradually more complex stories. I think you'd very quickly gravitate towards some very specific story type that thrills you much more than anything else.