What was added to a game that partially/completely turned you away from it?

Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021
I'm curious what game/games the people of F95Zone have played, and enjoyed, up until an update added something so out of left field that it made you want to play future updates less, or stop playing completely.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Use spoilers I suppose.

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Slutcraft started out very promising, more of a horror-themed reverse trainer game (i.e. trainee perspective) with a focus on monsters and non-verbal corruption elements. Then they added more and more Stukov (goofy, horny maledom who uses terms like "fap fodder") content and more parody elements. Which, to be fair, the title itself indicates, but the game did look at first like it could have been something different and more fresh.

Reactions: Mandoto

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
People might want to use SPOILER:game_name That way people can see before opening it if it is related to a game they are playing.

I generally don't like anything where the main MC shares there sex partners or NTR where they are on the loosing end.
Also hate lazy writing to push the plot forward. Basically anything that causes plot holes.
Then pretty much anything that goes against my personal nature. So needless to say most games I don't like to much.
I find most the Male MC are morons or pansies or both.
I don't know if that issue is because the authors right based on their knowledge and self experience or they simply had no decent male role models in life or what the deal is. Maybe, it is intentionally they think their audience base likes that or can relate more to that sort of character if so that's pretty insulting to most the male audience.

• Angry
Reactions: Sole

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
Which game did that? Mind telling us the name of the game that, at some point with a new patch, managed to add RPGM into them?! because that's some impressive shit lol, imagine you're waiting for your favorite renpy game to get updated, then BAM! they add RPGM into the mix so now you're playing rpg INSIDE the renpy game, crazy stuff :unsure:

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
Which game did that? Mind telling us the name of the game that, at some point with a new patch, managed to add RPGM into them?! because that's some impressive shit lol, imagine you're waiting for your favorite renpy game to get updated, then BAM! they add RPGM into the mix so now you're playing rpg INSIDE the renpy game, crazy stuff :unsure:
Every game that has RPGM and sometimes they converted over to Ren'Py and then I do play them for example: https://f95zone.to/threads/farmers-dreams-r21-1-musex.2368/post-42562 https://f95zone.to/threads/farmers-dreams-unofficial-renpy-port-r21-4-phalzyr.78336/post-5447336
Does that satisfy your curiosity?:unsure:

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
Any attempt to automatically link to something remote gets a game deleted particularly without notification
(don't care about clearly linked buttons)
Usually happens in html games (which I know lots of players won't go near)
Pretty sure it happened at the start of Kinky Life Game - but it's no longer on my PC
Let me know if I'm wrong I'd hate to have a pop at someone's work incorrectly

Apr 24, 2020
Not really something that was added out of left field, but the lack of save compatibility made me completely indifferent about Summertime Saga. There's only so many times I can start over before I get fed up.
I think I would have been okay with the meme fest that game seems to have become, but generally an over reliance on memes to make your game interesting isn't a good sign. It's all fun when you get them, but as soon as you don't it just becomes random bullshit and you feel lost.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Have the adult gaming scene been almost completely renewed ?
I can't be the only one who, reading the title, had those four letters immediately pop in his mind : Eric

I don't think that there's really better example of a game ruined by a sudden addition.

Reactions: AmazonessKing

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
Every game that has RPGM and sometimes they converted over to Ren'Py and then I do play them for example: https://f95zone.to/threads/farmers-dreams-r21-1-musex.2368/post-42562 https://f95zone.to/threads/farmers-dreams-unofficial-renpy-port-r21-4-phalzyr.78336/post-5447336
Does that satisfy your curiosity?:unsure:
It does actually because now I'm sure that you weren't trolling; you simply grossly misunderstood the question in the OP.

That game you linked was RPGM from the start, and at some point a copy got ported over to renpy. So your answer is not only backwards (RPGM -> renpy) but also incorrect because both versions exist concurrently! The original RPGM version wasn't overriden by the renpy version, instead it was done separately so it doesn't apply as a proper answer to the thread's question.

The question in the OP asks about games that received a patch that added or altered the main game, and not about side ports. That's why I made lighthearted fun of your simple response of "RPGM", because it is rather nonsensical since it implies that there are loads of games being converted to RPGM engine mid-development (sufficitent enough for you to answer like that) but it is simply not the case, as you would be hard pressed to find even 5 games that did this during their development.

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
I dont mind RPGM but it has to be developed like any normal RPG game, where you only have access to a small area with certain buildings available and afterwards things start to open up as the story goes on like in treasure of nadia
i played one RPGM where literally everything was opened up and i had no idea what to do or where to go, and there was like 20 buildings all available for me to enter.. like seriously?
Also this is more comics but i dont particularly like futa stuff so i either crop the futa out and only leave the dick leaving it to my imagination that its attached to a man or i just breeze past it ASAP, and in games if there is a skip sex scene option i would press it

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
For me, it is typically the shattering of the suspension of disbelief -- usually by forcing a decision on the MC that is patently absurd on the face and I can't reconcile with the choices I'd been offered in the game previously.

For example, There's General Practitioner where you take the role of a family doctor in town. You can play pervy if you want. I was playing it according to WWMWD (What would Marcus Welby do for those in North America and old enough to catch the reference).

Right up until I get blackmailed into acting as a permanent courier for a guy -- all because I gave a physical using the same practice I used on all my patients (outer clothing gets removed, sensible questions asked -- no pervy stuff). Can I turn the asshole in to the cops? No. Can I refuse? No. Can I adopt head canon that I accept the hospital position I get offered every week in the game and flip the idiot a bird as I leave? Yes. Yes I can.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
Picture Perfect changed the character designs so drastically (and not for the better imo) that it killed what little interest I had to begin with.

My New Family added a character that looked and acted like a child (didn't buy the excuse given in-game, whatever it was).

My Sister, My Roommate added multiple routes for the sister (even though the dev was adamant she would not get one), and didn't give Skylar a route.

Not an addition, but we didn't get a Mei route in Retrieving the Past, instead the redheaded mom got one :sick:.

• Angry
Reactions: Uthuriel