What's popular these days?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Hi, I'm basically looking to put my ren'py skills to work so I have two questions:

What Genres (non extreme ones) are popular these days? I know Incest is always good but anything else?

And what software do people use to make the art? I mean, assuming you can't draw. I've seen people using Honey Select or Koikatsu, but what about those more realistic ones?
I believe you are asking the wrong questions. It sounds like you don't have an idea for what kind of game you want to create. If something isn't your vision, your passion, it's not likely you will enjoy the many hours you will put into it.

If you're looking to make something by polling every decision or attempting to placate the most vocal players on F95 - don't bother.
If you're looking at creating a game because you think it's a way to earn a living - don't bother (yes there are exceptions, but more than half of adult game creators on Patreon bring in less than $20 per month from their subscribers).

If you're looking to make something you would enjoy playing and have a vision for a good storyline - don't hesitate.

There are people with popular games which have content that many wouldn't enjoy and there are many games that never build a following that were developed by the creator by majority vote in polls on F95.

Do what you enjoy.

kintarodev

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
lol. Top rated f95 games is NOT anime.
I guess so, even if it's due of a majority of games being published around are the '3d rendering' type, and thus statistically it's bound to be like that.

The questions are:

would that top be 'more balanced' if there was a more accesible way of making 'anime' characters than just using Honey Select/similar stuff or sticking to 2D drawings, and thus more games published with those aesthetics?

Do perhaps most devs stick to renders only because it's the most easy and apprachable way of doing multiple diverse characters?

If Daz could create anime charas, which style would devs choose?

Losersriot

Jul 7, 2021
I guess so, even if it's due of a majority of games being published around are the '3d rendering' type, and thus statistically it's bound to be like that.

The questions are:

would that top be 'more balanced' if there was a more accesible way of making 'anime' characters than just using Honey Select/similar stuff or sticking to 2D drawings, and thus more games published with those aesthetics?

Do perhaps most devs stick to renders only because it's the most easy and apprachable way of doing multiple diverse characters?

If Daz could create anime charas, which style would devs choose?
Dude, rating create users, they dont know anything about honey select or some like. People like realistic west style despite the fact that there is more anime than non-anime. People just don't like the same faceless, flat, disproportionate, anatomically incorrect patterns

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
I do, and I'm tired of pretending I don't.
Good job, here, made you a meme.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you're looking at creating a game because you think it's a way to earn a living - don't bother (yes there are exceptions, but more than half of adult game creators on Patreon bring in less than $20 per month from their subscribers).
;)(y)

Not only Patreon. Noticed quite a few popular games "vanishing" form this site.
True, that's rule 7. Not going to defend its enforcement but it's there in the rules that it's prohibited.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahsl

Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
But loli and incest are problematic if you intend to use patreon.
Not only Patreon. Noticed quite a few popular games "vanishing" form this site.

At topic: Seems that we're "guided" toward Futa, Gay, Interracial and NTR content.

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
is that uh, netorare or netori?
Good question, netorare. The site's tag only uses NTR with the meaning netorare, of course plenty users mean also netori or netorase with that because one site's definition doesn't dictate how people use a word.