What's up with alot of VN games where MC has a piece of shit dad?

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
Because it is a very simple way to set up the MC of the game. If the father is a dick, it will be easy to explain why the MC is also a dick, and now there is someone to take the blame and make the MC a bit more likeable (in some cases at least). It is also an easy way to have an antagonist in your game. Don't know how to write an epic super villain, with believable motives? Just make the father cock-block the player and you instantly have a villain! It's also makes it easier to break up mom and dad, without the whole family rasing hell, so you can have them all to yourself.

Last edited:

redsling

Sep 23, 2018
especially when the dad not even bad, but the son still wants to NTR him. Probably some of the devs hate their dads, The world may never know.

Last edited:

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
Well you obviously dont want to have any competition. And it would be weird if you loved your dad but still wanted to steal your mother away from him.

Reactions: redsling

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
You must live a picturebook to ask such questions. I dont know many dads because i avoid guys whenever possible, but those i know and the storys i hear daily at work are...i dont find words without violating rules...lets say, i dont believe in happy familys and never heard of one...that said, i wonder why so many mothers in the games here are targets for incest instead of bullets...in my experience is the biggest bitch in the family the one who thinks she is in control...

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
You must live a picturebook to ask such questions. I dont know many dads because i avoid guys whenever possible, but those i know and the storys i hear daily at work are...i dont find words without violating rules...lets say, i dont believe in happy familys and never heard of one...
This is sad.
I hope one day life will treat you better. :(
Could be your family is "toxic" and it's hard (near impossible) to change people. Try distancing yourself from your family, some people just drag you down no matter what. And try to get out of that "bad bad bad, everything is bad" work bubble. Try to find other people to interact and you'll see life is not that bad and not all men are evil.

Last edited:

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Sorry for the offtopic, i just have to answer this.
I dont had any contact to my parents since my sisters and me fled. They also dont had any contact with them since then. We are all better off without them. But big sis and me lead a shelter for girls/woman in all kinds of trouble, most of them have much to say about their parents, so i hear such stories more or less every day.
And my way of thinking about man has nothing to do with the way i think about parents/familys, thats a whole different level based on other experiences.
Okay, back to topic now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: woody554