What's up with the toxicity lately?

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Try being a dev then.

I agree that calling anyone idiot, leeches and so on is out of line.
criticism is fine too. Be that negative or positive criticism. As long as it is civil.
But the amount of idiocracy sometimes is a bit daunting.
Like, read the tags and op before you download a game instead of complaining like it is something that was hidden to you.

This is especially bad with NTR games where they go in complete shock. And the worst kinds of people are the one that knows the tags and still decided to write negative comments and negative reviews.
The dev is doing nothing wrong besides making the game to a targeted audience that enjoys that content.

It basically comes down to the feeling of entitlement. Some people expect all games to be made for them specifically. Any other games should be removed.

So yeah, I do not support any kind of toxicity. But when people like that appear (even when they're acting civil) the playbase start to get annoyed and calls those people out. And then they get called toxic.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
As the title says...

Lately, I've been coming across a lot of very arrogant posts where someone asking for help gets called an "idiot", someone who can't afford monthly patreon payment "parasite leecher" and people who voice their opinion criticizing something get told to just stop playing altogether. How about people take a chill pill, think about what they post and why they are here.
This happened to me a few weeks ago. I was giving suggestions to someone, based on my 30 years experience doing this,
and some junior game developer quoted me saying "that's impossible". He or she had the audacity to tell me to "go download renpy and learn" I was rofl. Give a kid a game developer badge, because they made a v0.03 visual novel, and it goes to their head. What can you do in a situation like that? I wish them well with their game, I don't want to embarrass them, they do a good job of that themselves.

Because this is a pirate site... a few young training bra wearing game developers, get an attitude. They think anyone here is a low-life parasite leech. protip: pirates are your best patrons, dummy. who else would pay to get an advance copy of a game, but someone who knows how to distribute it. I started pirating out my own stuff, almost 20 years ago, beat the pirates to the punch. People love getting "free" stuff... love = fans, fans = $. The beauty of F95zone is that you the game developer, can easily pirate your game here. Where else can you pirate out your own games, VNs, art, comics, videos?

People who voice their opinion criticizing a game, need to grow up. Learn to mod the game, and take out the part you don't like. Crying on the internet about how much you HATE handjobs, isn't going to change other people's opinions about handjobs. If you don't like the game, and you can't respect the diverse interests of other people, don't play the game. If you're lactose intolerant, go shit up your facebook ranting about how much you hate milk. Milk drinkers don't want to hear your opinion about how milk is bad. We think its funny that milk gives you diarrhea, and gas. Moaning about it? ... stop embarassing yourself.

il_570xN.1081828642_unh2.jpg

Furiousrawrr

Dec 10, 2017
This happened to me a few weeks ago. I was giving suggestions to someone, based on my 30 years experience doing this,
and some junior game developer quoted me saying "that's impossible". He or she had the audacity to tell me to "go download renpy and learn" I was rofl. Give a kid a game developer badge, because they made a v0.03 visual novel, and it goes to their head. What can you do in a situation like that? I wish them well with their game, I don't want to embarrass them, they do a good job of that themselves.

Because this is a pirate site... a few young training bra wearing game developers, get an attitude. They think anyone here is a low-life parasite leech. protip: pirates are your best patrons, dummy. who else would pay to get an advance copy of a game, but someone who knows how to distribute it. I started pirating out my own stuff, almost 20 years ago, beat the pirates to the punch. People love getting "free" stuff... love = fans, fans = $. The beauty of F95zone is that you the game developer, can easily pirate your game here. Where else can you pirate out your own games, VNs, art, comics, videos?

People who voice their opinion criticizing a game, need to grow up. Learn to mod the game, and take out the part you don't like. Crying on the internet about how much you HATE handjobs, isn't going to change other people's opinions about handjobs. If you don't like the game, and you can't respect the diverse interests of other people, don't play the game. If you're lactose intolerant, go shit up your facebook ranting about how much you hate milk. Milk drinkers don't want to hear your opinion about how milk is bad. We think its funny that milk gives you diarrhea, and gas. Moaning about it? ... stop embarassing yourself.

View attachment 269126
I agree with most of you said bro, but why gotta do a homie like that with lactose intolerrance hahaha. I love milk but having gas for that shit is annoying as hell, try to imagine. So many good stuff with milk too. Tried to get milk wich dosent have lactose. People defently need to respect each other more aswell have sympathy and empathy. Fans and creators. Would make for easier and happier life. Btw dont mind me saving the Serenity, Courage , Wisdom pic. Looked cool.

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
As the title says...

Lately, I've been coming across a lot of very arrogant posts where someone asking for help gets called an "idiot", someone who can't afford monthly patreon payment "parasite leecher" and people who voice their opinion criticizing something get told to just stop playing altogether. How about people take a chill pill, think about what they post and why they are here.
Price of populairty.
As f95zone grows so do the amount of lesser lifeforms who think there better then everyone else.
A sad fact of life is:
The more populair something is the more assholes it attracts.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
What's up with the necromancy lately?

This is a crime against the kingdom, you know.

Reactions: F4C430
Apr 29, 2022
I guess toxicity is in the eye of the beholder. This place is way too close to being an outright hugbox for my tastes.