Where did all the good games go :(

Zone95Fw

Jan 19, 2023
why dont people made good nsfw game anymore? all these new html game are all the same, al the vn are all the same, al the renpy game are all the same!!
nobody making game like xmoon/hotel elera/Last hope/vilain sim and so many over game were soooo good! where did they go? realy 90% of game on here are al the same storys, what the obsetian with girl looking like kid? its fucked!!

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
why dont people made good nsfw game anymore? all these new html game are all the same, al the vn are all the same, al the renpy game are all the same!!
nobody making game like xmoon/hotel elera/Last hope/vilain sim and so many over game were soooo good! where did they go? realy 90% of game on here are al the same storys, what the obsetian with girl looking like kid? its fucked!!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That is, I assume, how the market work. Also, it isn't about the question how many games don't fit your preference, they are most more that don't fit tgan the ones that fit. It is more a question, how to find them and if they are enough for you...

stuffnthing

Jan 5, 2021
Welcome to the problem of this being a fairly niche market that further divides into niches. With one of the big issues being making a hentai GAME means adding extra work to have somekind of hentai mechanics which would compared to a regular game likely make it's audiance narrower and not wider.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
This one is totally on you.

Just look at the 3 highest rated games (by weighted rating) and you see that there there is a fair amount of difference. One is a pure wish fulfillment harem game, one is a classic style "romance" game with thicc anthro farm animals, and the last one is a dramatic game about working in a high dollar illegal sex club :KEK:

Not even getting into werid shit like ravager/superhuman, or some newer stuff like game of hearts.

TAU9

Oct 11, 2022
Like others have said it's a niche market and you're looking for niches in that niche market.

Jan 14, 2024
Welcome to the problem of this being a fairly niche market that further divides into niches. With one of the big issues being making a hentai GAME means adding extra work to have somekind of hentai mechanics which would compared to a regular game likely make it's audiance narrower and not wider.
Like others have said it's a niche market and you're looking for niches in that niche market.
Not really.
It's generally about how adult games are nearly full copy of already made ones.
Stories, graphics, gameplays, and even sounds.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I'm not convinced that there is a shortage of good games. There are just too many games and the best ones are getting buried under the trash.

I've played a handful of games that I thought were pretty good, but weren't getting the attention I expected them to. Some of these games would have been pretty popular within their categories just a couple years ago, but now feel like they just float around in obscurity.

I think a big part of this may have been the inclusion of the revamped updates search. Being able to exclude tags can easily force someone into their own niche, much more than they would have before. I love the feature, but I have to constantly force myself not to exclude specific tags that I generally dislike simply because I know there are great games that include them.

Dec 3, 2020
I'm not convinced that there is a shortage of good games. There are just too many games and the best ones are getting buried under the trash.

I've played a handful of games that I thought were pretty good, but weren't getting the attention I expected them to. Some of these games would have been pretty popular within their categories just a couple years ago, but now feel like they just float around in obscurity.

I think a big part of this may have been the inclusion of the revamped updates search. Being able to exclude tags can easily force someone into their own niche, much more than they would have before. I love the feature, but I have to constantly force myself not to exclude specific tags that I generally dislike simply because I know there are great games that include them.
100% this. You just need to get better at filtering out stuff you don't have interest in. Don't like ai-cg? Filter it out. Don't like lacation? Filter it out. But I also agree to be careful with this since could end up shooting yourself in the foot. This filter has worked well for me.

I would also invest in getting a game management program. Personally I use the excellent F95 Checker. You can make as many labels as you want to filter out low priority content. I sort all my games primarily by 4 custom priority labels S-Tier Priority, High-Priority, Mid-Priority, and Low-Priority. If you add additional genre filters (like the ones built into the software or your own) you can filter down it even further. And if you don't want to use that theirs a star rating system. What I think you'll find is that you'll have an absolutely overwhelming amount of content on your backlog that's of incredible high quality. Its just a matter of putting in the initial work to set up a system in place instead of passively consuming the default feed.

Jul 13, 2021
Are you sure you are looking right or aren't just being too picky? I mean, cash-grab, low effort or unoriginal games were always a thing, even outside the adult side of the game industry. Hell, the whole clone phenomenom is there to prove that point, fucking vampire survivors received more than 10 clones already and im sure i even saw one NSFW among them.

But back to the topic, i myself, here and then find a new game that fits my taste. Im not saying its an easy search to find something you like, but, with the amount of things comming out everyday i would argue that's pretty much impossible that you are not being able to find something that you find at least "cool".
And here is where i start to think that the problem might be the way you are searching or that you might being picky. I too have some tags and genres that i usually like, they would be my "comfort zone" of the adult gaming, but its not like i always find something within my go-to tags and then i start just wandering through different genres and titles, and im often rewarded with some great findings.

So, the amount of low-effort, cash grab and unoriginal games are indeed absurd, but, the good games are out there too, they always had been.

Jan 14, 2024

100% this. You just need to get better at filtering out stuff you don't have interest in. Don't like ai-cg? Filter it out. Don't like lacation? Filter it out. But I also agree to be careful with this since could end up shooting yourself in the foot. This filter has worked well for me.

I would also invest in getting a game management program. Personally I use the excellent F95 Checker. You can make as many labels as you want to filter out low priority content. I sort all my games primarily by 4 custom priority labels S-Tier Priority, High-Priority, Mid-Priority, and Low-Priority. If you add additional genre filters (like the ones built into the software or your own) you can filter down it even further. And if you don't want to use that theirs a star rating system. What I think you'll find is that you'll have an absolutely overwhelming amount of content on your backlog that's of incredible high quality. Its just a matter of putting in the initial work to set up a system in place instead of passively consuming the default feed.
Are you sure you are looking right or aren't just being too picky? I mean, cash-grab, low effort or unoriginal games were always a thing, even outside the adult side of the game industry. Hell, the whole clone phenomenom is there to prove that point, fucking vampire survivors received more than 10 clones already and im sure i even saw one NSFW among them.

But back to the topic, i myself, here and then find a new game that fits my taste. Im not saying its an easy search to find something you like, but, with the amount of things comming out everyday i would argue that's pretty much impossible that you are not being able to find something that you find at least "cool".
And here is where i start to think that the problem might be the way you are searching or that you might being picky. I too have some tags and genres that i usually like, they would be my "comfort zone" of the adult gaming, but its not like i always find something within my go-to tags and then i start just wandering through different genres and titles, and im often rewarded with some great findings.

So, the amount of low-effort, cash grab and unoriginal games are indeed absurd, but, the good games are out there too, they always had been.
As an adult game player who never uses the exclude tag and looks for adult games from different websites, I don't think it's about excluding tags or some games becoming invisible due to the increasing number of adult games.

Back in 2018, games like Summertime Saga, Dating My Daughter, Acting Lessons, Sisterly Lust, Dreams of Desire, and Parental Love were revolutionary for adult games. The first adult game I played was Parental Love, and it blew my mind.

The thing is, I have already played a lot of games. At this point, most of the games feel like old Hollywood movies, with the same models and plots repeated over and over again.

Tobi/Chaos

Feb 17, 2021
Well...
Idk what You expecting from HTML / VN / RenPy Games... these can't really be called games but for some reason some ppl call them games... as for me they are just a dialogue clickers with extra steps...

For last 10+ months I actually started to block HTML / RenPy games from browser on F95, even checking them is waste of the time, but well... many people want to make cheap games to make their turd ideas / fetishes into "game" or others who just want to grab few $$$ which never gonna happen anywaa but they have huge hopes...

As for why there is less good games... because it is hard to make actually good game, I myself work on 2D RPG / RTS Sandbox Game, It already took 300 hours of my life and 500$ and I'm not even near any playable version of the game...

Meanwhile making HTML Game or RenPy game using free assets or AI cost You ~5 hours and 0$
Some people instead of using AI used KK or HS etc. to generate their pictures...

Simply, making a good game require a lot of money and a lot of time,

It's not that good games are not being made anymore...
It's that there is 10 times more garbage covering and mixing with good games so it's much harder to see those good...
2+ years ago there was not so many "GAME DEFs" as today... so quality was in general better...

Zone95Fw

Jan 19, 2023
Well...
Idk what You expecting from HTML / VN / RenPy Games... these can't really be called games but for some reason some ppl call them games... as for me they are just a dialogue clickers with extra steps...

For last 10+ months I actually started to block HTML / RenPy games from browser on F95, even checking them is waste of the time, but well... many people want to make cheap games to make their turd ideas / fetishes into "game" or others who just want to grab few $$$ which never gonna happen anywaa but they have huge hopes...

As for why there is less good games... because it is hard to make actually good game, I myself work on 2D RPG / RTS Sandbox Game, It already took 300 hours of my life and 500$ and I'm not even near any playable version of the game...

Meanwhile making HTML Game or RenPy game using free assets or AI cost You ~5 hours and 0$
Some people instead of using AI used KK or HS etc. to generate their pictures...

Simply, making a good game require a lot of money and a lot of time,

It's not that good games are not being made anymore...
It's that there is 10 times more garbage covering and mixing with good games so it's much harder to see those good...
2+ years ago there was not so many "GAME DEFs" as today... so quality was in general better...
HOW DO I STOP SEING THESE KIND OF GAMES? yes i know some vn/renpy game are ok! just most of them are basicaly the same story line! or most of the "new" ones are.

Zone95Fw

Jan 19, 2023
Just be more tag-permissive with your searches man. You don't encounter new things in life without taking some risks.
i done that, but when u start to block out renpy/vn then most time its only games that dont get update anymore (aprat from the good-ish ones)

qwoppe

Formerly 'dweebledum'
May 21, 2018
i done that, but when u start to block out renpy/vn then most time its only games that dont get update anymore (aprat from the good-ish ones)
Why the hell would you block out Ren'Py? That's a thing you don't need to do no matter what you're into, man.

It's also not a valid source for your woes considering the sheer variety of content available on Unity and RPGM.