Where did all the good games go :(

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
No need to get aggressive over it.
Oh, poor baby... Afraid by daddy's big voice ?
He take it with mommy too, you know, and she clearly don't confuse it with an aggression...

How that content is presented affects the conversion rate of a user to a paying user.
You are stating that pirates will become legit players over the sole presentation of the game... Do you realize how ridiculous it is ?
They'll possibly only test games that are well presented, but they'll spend bucks on it after having played it, and only if they think that it worth those bucks. Therefore, it's not F95zone, nor any other sites, responsibility if their members are idiots who just a book at its cover.

It's just the truth, it's the same in any sales. It's why Ads on the internet are everywhere.
Except that all threads opening are formatted in the same way, and only differ on the description and screenshots that, most of the time, both come from the devs... It's not F95zone, nor any other sites, responsibility if some devs are better at describing their game, and at selecting their promotional screenshots.
As for the popularity effect, it's not part of the advertising, F95zone have no responsibility on it, and once again it fall on the sole responsibility of the blind sheep who follow the herd.

When you're trying to get people to buy what you're selling. More people seeing it is almost always better EXCEPT when they can get it easier and free somewhere else.
And once again you are contradicting yourself... After explaining why F95zone and others are responsible for some games success, you are blaming them for the games' lack of success...

As shown in multiple studies of the effects of Piracy. Piracy is a net negative EXCEPT when the discoverability of the product is low.
Hmm, really ?
" "
To summarize, the EU spend tons of money on a study, in order to enforce its intent to strongly regulate piracy, and got around 300 pages explaining that the impact of piracy is in fact relatively low for any content sold at a reasonable price, when it's not purely beneficial.
The report is long, but interesting.

But that intersects with how many eyeballs in total you can convert into supporters. That's why it's not a contradiction. Any eyeballs are better than none but how many does matter how many you ultimately get to pay you that goes into the cost/benefit analysis.
You understand that it's not where the contradiction is, right ?
You don't contradict yourself by saying that piracy prevent the sales, nor by saying that piracy help some games to have patrons, but by claiming that games are unprofitable due to piracy, while also claiming that games are profitable due to piracy forums.

That place like F95zone help games to gain support, it is known since years. Any creator who decided to release his game here after the few first updates can say it, because they lived it. But in the same time, the way the game is presented only have an impact on sheep players. They'll only play a game because it seem to have some success (like WVM by example), but they'll only pay for it if it effectively worth the money accordingly to their own taste.
And it happen that sheep players are also the population that are the less likely to spend money on a game. There's many games that are successful here, in terms of rating and/or post count, while struggling around, when not below, the US$ 1,000/month.

An easy example is that there is no discoverability reward on F95 for updating every month.
And it's a good thing because, with really few exceptions, monthly updates are nothing more than a sign of cheapness. Quality need time, and you can't achieve to reach it in a month, or you'll publish a 5 minutes long update.

If F95 made that a sorting or filtering category are you saying that wouldn't affect the success of certain creators and punish others?
I really don't know what to answer you. Not because I have no answer, but because your question is purely irrelevant...
When you registered, five years ago, F95zone already had its latest games & updates filtering tool. So, how would it affect the success of certain creators is unknown, because it's impossible to do a before/after comparison.

Or, more precisely, it's effect is already known, and was for a long time called "google effect", before the terms is used as synonym for the " ". Only the few first content corresponding strictly to your criteria will be seen by the biggest part of the public, because of their lack of curiosity and/or lack of interest for novelty and/or laziness.
But, once again, this is the responsibility of the sheep, not the one of the site. The result would be the exact same even if Patreon was promoting its hosted adult content ; visitors will still limits to the two/three first page of relevant results, and they would weight the results by the game popularity.

It woudn't overall improve what kind of content is available? I believe it would.
Yet the said filtering tool exist since years, and here we are, in the first thread of the year, but surely not the last one, saying that there's a degradation of the available content.

I don't know what point you're making?
:WaitWhat:
You claim that people will only support through Patreon, I just explained that creators haven't waited for Patreon to earn money from their creation.
It's not because Patreon feel like the place to be, that it's the only way for a creator to earn money from his players. Therefore, whatever their policies can be, it only have a small, if not insignificant, impact on the adult gaming scene.

Patreon censors doesn't it? Creating a chilling effect on multiple categories from incest to non-con.
Patreon respect the Law of its country of residence, and the only effective effect what to purge, for a time, the adult gaming scene of most of its cheapest games.
While there's of course exceptions, both incest and none consensual sex are the lowest form of story writing. Both are the narrative power used to hide your total inability to write relation building.

If everyone supported on Subscribstar for example we wouldn't have that problem but Subscribestar sucks imo.
If everyone was supporting on SubscribeStar, I would agree with OP and complain not just about the lack of good games, but also about the lack of averagely good ones.

And getting a merchant to do adult transactions without running into Patreon-type issues is basically impossible or someone would've done it.
Yet you just named one, made precisely in response to Patreon ban on some content...
And it's not the only one. When the said ban started, there were a dozen of alternative sites that were named. But, obviously, they all had the same common point, being built initially to host far right and white supremacist content.
This said, it would also be perfectly possible to make such site in a perfectly legal and transparent way, by relying on other payment processors than the three major ones. It's just that the fees would necessarily be higher, while the interest is in fact really limited. Building a site to host games that would only make US$ 100/month at max because they are at most average, isn't a solid enough business plan.
And, of course, there's the alternatives. Itch.io do not have Patreon's policies, you can perfectly sell incest and/or none consensual sex games there.
Once again, it's not because Patreon feel like the place to be, that it is the only way for a creator to earn money, nor necessarily his main source of income.

More games of different types will result in more instances of good games.
And like it goes for games like it goes for any form a creation, only 10% of the games would be effectively goods... What lead to this thread existing.
But the real issue is that all the spectrum is already covered. The only possible improvement is in the quality of the games, not in their mechanisms, genre, or kinks. But to know this, one need to not be a sheep, and to not limits to the two/three first pages of the latest updates filtering feature. He would then see that everything really exist, but for some approach it's hidden because the games are really lame.

Dec 3, 2020
Yeah thats why i was a crypto boy, but realistic the average guys isnt willing to buy some nano, btc, xmr or idk what coin u want, for have better transactions for both sides.

I maded comission even with my low hability in drawing, all comissions was crypto, and was amazing i got 100% of what the guy send me.
Im really sad that there isnt any steam, or itchio, that embraces crypto, and if there is will be hiden in shadows so you will need to be know to sell, if this is the case, is better to beg the buyer to buy p2p.
Like i want to do with voidborn, sell a vip tag in my discord with acess of what im doing, fully by crypto or if the guys is brazillian our payment system called pix.
I doubt i can do it, but if i can would be a huge profit and would motivate me a lot.
I heard Elon wants to implement some sort of payment platform directly on twitter to compete with paypal. That'd be the most ideal solution imo, especially if crypto is an option.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
As for why there is less good games... because it is hard to make actually good game, I myself work on 2D RPG / RTS Sandbox Game, It already took 300 hours of my life and 500$ and I'm not even near any playable version of the game...

Meanwhile making HTML Game or RenPy game using free assets or AI cost You ~5 hours and 0$
Some people instead of using AI used KK or HS etc. to generate their pictures...
way to crap on other game devs by that ludicrously clueless statement. so for a game that has 5 hours of content, the game dev literally makes the game as fast as you play it. even if they only have 1 hour, or 30 minutes of content, it's still crazy to think you can make that in 5 hours.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
An easy example is that there is no discoverability reward on F95 for updating every month. It's really hard to determine that, I usually have to go to their Patreon and look up post history to work it out.

If F95 made that a sorting or filtering category are you saying that wouldn't affect the success of certain creators and punish others? It woudn't overall improve what kind of content is available? I believe it would.
getting promoted on the latest update which gives you a massive boost of visibility is not a discoverability reward? then what would be?

f95 has latest updates, sorting and filtering. do you even know how the site works?

Diabowlique

Apr 14, 2018
Sorry if this to too long anne O'nymous. Maybe if you have a disagreement you might want to stick to one or two things. I don't really want to quote reply another massive post :cry:.

You are stating that pirates will become legit players over the sole presentation of the game... Do you realize how ridiculous it is ?
They'll possibly only test games that are well presented, but they'll spend bucks on it after having played it, and only if they think that it worth those bucks. Therefore, it's not F95zone, nor any other sites, responsibility if their members are idiots who just a book at its cover.
You seem triggered over the 'responsibility' thing. I was merely making a descriptive statement not a prescriptive one.

Except that all threads opening are formatted in the same way, and only differ on the description and screenshots that, most of the time, both come from the devs... It's not F95zone, nor any other sites, responsibility if some devs are better at describing their game, and at selecting their promotional screenshots.
As for the popularity effect, it's not part of the advertising, F95zone have no responsibility on it, and once again it fall on the sole responsibility of the blind sheep who follow the herd.
You really are triggered by it. I wish I had just put role or something....

And once again you are contradicting yourself... After explaining why F95zone and others are responsible for some games success, you are blaming them for the games' lack of success...
...Responsiblity!?!?!?! ;)

Hmm, really ?
" "
To summarize, the EU spend tons of money on a study, in order to enforce its intent to strongly regulate piracy, and got around 300 pages explaining that the impact of piracy is in fact relatively low for any content sold at a reasonable price, when it's not purely beneficial.
The report is long, but interesting.
Considering that accounted for over a third of total box office revenue, let alone digital and physical sales. The displacement rate translates into a 5 percent loss of sales for the top films from 2017.

That doesn’t sound like nothing and is a net negative. The sales were hurt by piracy so I was 100% right.

That study found that 4 out of 5 consumers were unwilling to pay market rates for Film and TV shows. Yeah I'm sure they want a 'resonable price'. Probably a five finger discount.

This idea that Piracy doesn't affect creators is just nonsense. It's cope for people who don't want to feel guilty by stealing. I Pirate I know that its wrong and hurts creators, I don't need some beta justification like creators aren't really hurt when you choose to play thier games for free instead of paying them. I'm not going to sugar coat it.

You understand that it's not where the contradiction is, right ?
You don't contradict yourself by saying that piracy prevent the sales, nor by saying that piracy help some games to have patrons, but by claiming that games are unprofitable due to piracy, while also claiming that games are profitable due to piracy forums.
I've already explained it.

- If no one knows you exist you can't sell your Game A and Game B. You make nothing. Broke boy.

- If they know you exist by uploading to a pirate website but 4/5 of them priate your game.
- You're have no success for Game A because only 2000 that want its niche kinks. At $5 from only Patreon making a small $2000/month
- You're making profits for Game B because 5000 that wants it's popular kinks . At $5 from only Patreon making a good sum of $5000/month
- In future you'll only make more of Game B.

The piracy helps in that it gives you the ability to be found on their sites. But also hurts by bleeding people that might pay making a successful venture into a failed one.

See the difference if the rate of stealing was 2/5 pirated Game A goes from being small beans to 6000 which is the average monthly earning in the US. That small change means the difference between a full time content creator and a hobbyist or more likely a milking exercise for 5 years until being abandoned.

It's not contradictory.

And it's a good thing because, with really few exceptions, monthly updates are nothing more than a sign of cheapness. Quality need time, and you can't achieve to reach it in a month, or you'll publish a 5 minutes long update.
Firstly I wouldn't score it merely by update count. That'd be foolish

I don't think it's unrealistic from what I can do in a month on my day job. Sure if you're being paid barely 1kUSD a month and have a main job you probably can't but it's why helping make a sustainably profitable adult games market helps everyone, Pirates as well.

But I'm sure those $10K+ Unreal games promising the world in another 6, 10, 24, 36. 56 months will be real 'quality'.

I really don't know what to answer you. Not because I have no answer, but because your question is purely irrelevant...
When you registered, five years ago, F95zone already had its latest games & updates filtering tool. So, how would it affect the success of certain creators is unknown, because it's impossible to do a before/after comparison.
There are tons of ways of dealing with discoverability. Handling different scenarios. Other stores are able to do it.

Or, more precisely, it's effect is already known, and was for a long time called "google effect", before the terms is used as synonym for the " ". Only the few first content corresponding strictly to your criteria will be seen by the biggest part of the public, because of their lack of curiosity and/or lack of interest for novelty and/or laziness.
But, once again, this is the responsibility of the sheep, not the one of the site. The result would be the exact same even if Patreon was promoting its hosted adult content ; visitors will still limits to the two/three first page of relevant results, and they would weight the results by the game popularity.
the I disagree entirely. Googles would be the last I would use for comparison. They were outed in the legal battle with microsoft that they insert sub-optimal results as the first choices to get people to stay on the google page for slightly longer for more ad revenue.

I think Steam does it pretty well. But you don't even need to do anything as complex. This idea that discovery is something that can't be managed is just nonsense imo.

Yet the said filtering tool exist since years, and here we are, in the first thread of the year, but surely not the last one, saying that there's a degradation of the available content.
Huh? Sorry I maybe missed something. You can't filter by update rate? There's no rating or value on a games page which tells me this creator updates in a reaonsable amount of time so it might be worth supporting them? Sometimes it's mentioned in the reviews but it's not an accurate measurement.

:WaitWhat:
You claim that people will only support through Patreon, I just explained that creators haven't waited for Patreon to earn money from their creation.
It's not because Patreon feel like the place to be, that it's the only way for a creator to earn money from his players. Therefore, whatever their policies can be, it only have a small, if not insignificant, impact on the adult gaming scene.
Sorry I'm pretty old school but outside of adobe flash games on newgrounds and that lula empire game there weren't realy realistic funding options pre Patreon for Western Adult Devs.

I completely disagree Patreon censorship hasn't had an effect. They've practically wiped out proper incest games. Saying they haven't had an effect on the scene I think is wrong. What gets tagged in incest is a joke.

Patreon respect the Law of its country of residence, and the only effective effect what to purge, for a time, the adult gaming scene of most of its cheapest games.
While there's of course exceptions, both incest and none consensual sex are the lowest form of story writing. Both are the narrative power used to hide your total inability to write relation building.
Eh that stuff isn't illegal. It's the Patreon would be deplatformed by payment processors if they didn't crack down on it.

If everyone was supporting on SubscribeStar, I would agree with OP and complain not just about the lack of good games, but also about the lack of averagely good ones.
I disagree. I think with a great discovery system and proper tags and review system, good games will get the support they needs. Will it be perfect? No but I think it'll be way better than what's currently avaliable.

Yet you just named one, made precisely in response to Patreon ban on some content...
And it's not the only one. When the said ban started, there were a dozen of alternative sites that were named. But, obviously, they all had the same common point, being built initially to host far right and white supremacist content.
This said, it would also be perfectly possible to make such site in a perfectly legal and transparent way, by relying on other payment processors than the three major ones. It's just that the fees would necessarily be higher, while the interest is in fact really limited. Building a site to host games that would only make US$ 100/month at max because they are at most average, isn't a solid enough business plan.
And, of course, there's the alternatives. Itch.io do not have Patreon's policies, you can perfectly sell incest and/or none consensual sex games there.
Once again, it's not because Patreon feel like the place to be, that it is the only way for a creator to earn money, nor necessarily his main source of income.
It's not a matter of fees. I know from personal experience trying to setup an adult website. It's easly get shut down not just by payment providers but hosting as well. They don't want to be explaining your fetish to their investors.

There's a regulation for payment processors in the US that basically the reason that Master Card went after PornHub a while ago. Is it called Sexta or something? It was designed to fight sex trafficking but the Republicans broadened it into a grey area in order to affect all adult content. That's why payment processors like master card / paypal shut things down as their scared about liability.

You're also wrong about Itch.io as they fell short of this as well

And like it goes for games like it goes for any form a creation, only 10% of the games would be effectively goods... What lead to this thread existing.
But the real issue is that all the spectrum is already covered. The only possible improvement is in the quality of the games, not in their mechanisms, genre, or kinks. But to know this, one need to not be a sheep, and to not limits to the two/three first pages of the latest updates filtering feature. He would then see that everything really exist, but for some approach it's hidden because the games are really lame.
User going to be Users, I believe that a good site design that helps creators is informative to users will really create a better situation. This idea that we have to sit and throw up our hands at this issues I think is too defeatist. I hope F95 get's done with some of those changes which will be a big help.

Last edited:

Diabowlique

Apr 14, 2018
getting promoted on the latest update which gives you a massive boost of visibility is not a discoverability reward? then what would be?

f95 has latest updates, sorting and filtering. do you even know how the site works?
You misunderstand

I don't mean by latest I mean by update frequency. Sort/filter Games that are more frequently updated as a pattern should be more rewarded by discoverability is what I mean.

And before you do about 'what if they just add 1 image' obviously just upload frequency wouldn't be the only variable that I would apply

ExhibitGames

Nov 10, 2020
Well...
Idk what You expecting from HTML / VN / RenPy Games... these can't really be called games but for some reason some ppl call them games... as for me they are just a dialogue clickers with extra steps...

For last 10+ months I actually started to block HTML / RenPy games from browser on F95, even checking them is waste of the time, but well... many people want to make cheap games to make their turd ideas / fetishes into "game" or others who just want to grab few $$$ which never gonna happen anywaa but they have huge hopes...

As for why there is less good games... because it is hard to make actually good game, I myself work on 2D RPG / RTS Sandbox Game, It already took 300 hours of my life and 500$ and I'm not even near any playable version of the game...

Meanwhile making HTML Game or RenPy game using free assets or AI cost You ~5 hours and 0$
Some people instead of using AI used KK or HS etc. to generate their pictures...

Simply, making a good game require a lot of money and a lot of time,

It's not that good games are not being made anymore...
It's that there is 10 times more garbage covering and mixing with good games so it's much harder to see those good...
2+ years ago there was not so many "GAME DEFs" as today... so quality was in general better...
I'm pretty sure I have way more then 5 hours in my project, you have to show me your skills.
The vast majority of the developers on here would probably say they have more then 5 hours in their Ren'Py or HTML games.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
You misunderstand

I don't mean by latest I mean by update frequency. Sort/filter Games that are more frequently updated as a pattern should be more rewarded by discoverability is what I mean.

And before you do about 'what if they just add 1 image' obviously just upload frequency wouldn't be the only variable that I would apply
take my misunderstanding as a compliment because that is the dumbest thing i ever heard. that would reward devs going for smaller updates instead of bigger ones -- more than they are already rewarded by being promoted more often on latest updates. it would lead to less content in the long run rather than more as it would reward going for the bare minimum even more than it is

what other variable could you possibly add that would be objective, fair across all types of games, and wouldn't require any additional work from the site moderation team?

Deleted member 827972

Game Developer
Aug 17, 2018
I heard Elon wants to implement some sort of payment platform directly on twitter to compete with paypal. That'd be the most ideal solution imo, especially if crypto is an option.
If ma boy elon do this i would become elon musk fan 100%

I'm pretty sure I have way more then 5 hours in my project, you have to show me your skills.
The vast majority of the developers on here would probably say they have more then 5 hours in their Ren'Py or HTML games.
Simply, making a good game require a lot of money and a lot of time,
I was with this idea of doing a gamedev video, i legit think i will try to do a jam game ( 3 days work ) on a NSFW game, and a SFW game with similar idea, and show everything in the process including the earnings, and spend the same time on both of then to see who will get more.
I will start this today, do just for the lulz, 4 hours of sleep 14 hours of work, 42 hrs of work for both games and see the results.

Reactions: Brine_Basilisk

Diabowlique

Apr 14, 2018
take my misunderstanding as a compliment because that is the dumbest thing i ever heard. that would reward devs going for smaller updates instead of bigger ones -- more than they are already rewarded by being promoted more often on latest updates. it would lead to less content in the long run rather than more as it would reward going for the bare minimum even more than it is

what other variable could you possibly add that would be objective, fair across all types of games, and wouldn't require any additional work from the site moderation team?
Saying that they can't get good content each month is just ignorant as that's how it used to be. Between 2016 and about 2018 (dates might be a bit off but it's around this time) most games I supported released a large amount of well-done content each month. This 6 months for maybe a few hundred images is a fairly recent thing. Many games do even less than that.

The reason that stopped is because there's no incentive for them to do anything but drag out releases. It's not about laziness or lack of time it's just a good old human reward mechanism. Why rush out a release when they can get paid for 3 months for one month's worth of work spread over 3 months? Some of the devs make 10k+ a month and they can't delegate production to one or more workers full-time? Please spare me!

What variable I would add? Easy I'd pair it with a change to reviews to be similar to Steam where you have overall reviews and recent reviews. Recent would represent reviews since the last update. That would give you not just an improved rating of where the game is now but also a good impression of the quality of an update. Dev skipping on the amount of content could affect that review score and hurt his discoverability hence his money supply. A pretty good motivator.

Combine that with frequency and you have a pretty good starting point for ranking games that release timely with a good amount of content.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
Saying that they can't get good content each month is just ignorant as that's how it used to be. Between 2016 and about 2018 (dates might be a bit off but it's around this time) most games I supported released a large amount of well-done content each month. This 6 months for maybe a few hundred images is a fairly recent thing. Many games do even less than that.

The reason that stopped is because there's no incentive for them to do anything but drag out releases. It's not about laziness or lack of time it's just a good old human reward mechanism. Why rush out a release when they can get paid for 3 months for one month's worth of work spread over 3 months? Some of the devs make 10k+ a month and they can't delegate production to one or more workers full-time? Please spare me!

What variable I would add? Easy I'd pair it with a change to reviews to be similar to Steam where you have overall reviews and recent reviews. Recent would represent reviews since the last update. That would give you not just an improved rating of where the game is now but also a good impression of the quality of an update. Dev skipping on the amount of content could affect that review score and hurt his discoverability hence his money supply. A pretty good motivator.

Combine that with frequency and you have a pretty good starting point for ranking games that release timely with a good amount of content.
i didn't say they can't, but your suggestion is incentivizing smaller low quality updates instead of big quality ones.

if devs are drawing things out, there is absolutely no incentive to stop doing that just because you can filter for games that release updates once a month. it's just gonna incentivize them more.

that's not a variable to add to filtering for update frequency. that's just reviews. two separate things. people can already complain in reviews.

sorry dude, but your take is clueless. i'm done here

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Maybe if you have a disagreement you might want to stick to one or two things.
Using rational, and optionally true, arguments help to shorten the answers you get. There's, then, no needs to explain how the world effectively works, nor what the truth effective is.

You seem triggered over the 'responsibility' thing.
ROTFL. Have you never been talked too without tons of sugarcoating, that you believe I've been triggered ?
At worse, if there's something that can trigger me it's the stupidity of you reasoning, nothing else.

I was merely making a descriptive statement not a prescriptive one.
You were absolving the public for its behavior, blaming an intangible entity for their own fault. It's neither descriptive, nor prescriptive, it's just ridiculous.

That study found that 4 out of 5 consumers were unwilling to pay market rates for Film and TV shows. Yeah I'm sure they want a 'resonable price'. Probably a five finger discount.
That study also found that for every single one of the other entertainment sector, they are willing to pay a price a bit higher than the market one, and even happens to buy some of the products they initially pirated. Why aren't you also saying it ?
Oh, yeah, I know, because it would make you looks like someone who made a random claim that happened to be contradicted by the truth.

This idea that Piracy doesn't affect creators is just nonsense.
I know that consulting offices are full of arrogant pricks, but to say that they write 300 pages of nonsense is a bit harsh, you know.

- You're have no success for Game A because only 2000 that want its niche kinks. At $5 from only Patreon making a small $2000/month
- You're making profits for Game B because 5000 that wants it's popular kinks . At $5 from only Patreon making a good sum of $5000/month
- In future you'll only make more of Game B.
It's really fascinating, you write it, and still you are totally unable to understand it.
Kinks are not popular because a website make them popular, but because players like and want them. No one will starts to play, and even less pay for, gay furry games just because they suddenly became popular.
And now I made a bear lover cry because of you, you should be ashamed !

But once again you are still not addressing my point.
We don't live at quantum level, a single behavior from an entity can not be simultaneously the cause of two radically opposed states for a second entity, period.
You can circle jerk for years, turning and returning your arguments all the way you want, it will not change that obvious truth.

It's not contradictory.
And it's also not what I was pointing...
And it's fascinating, because I explicitly said that it wasn't what I was pointing, while also explicitly saying what I was pointing. Yet you achieved to have both wrong.

Firstly I wouldn't score it merely by update count. That'd be foolish
"An easy example is that there is no discoverability reward on F95 for updating every month."
Emphasis is mine.

By the way your claim is wrong since there's a discoverability reward, through both the Latest Games & Updates feature, the last update list at the end of the forum front page. Therefore recently updated games will have their thread appearing in top of one's filtered list, and will be seen in the front page during, globally, half a day. The feature that trigger this is even named "promoting the thread".
But yeah, F95zone is not helping games to be known, it's absolutely not the fault of the members that are too lazy to use all the features made available to them ; so lazy that even after 5 years using the forum they still don't know about them.

Sure if you're being paid barely 1kUSD a month [...]
:ROFLMAO:
Over the , around 6,000 earn less than US$ 1,000/month.

and have a main job you probably can't but it's why helping make a sustainably profitable adult games market helps everyone, Pirates as well.
There's less than 500 creators who earn at least US$ 5,000/month. And for most of the game creators, between taxes, insurances and/or social taxes, and the expenses due to the game, US$ 5,000/month is what you need to earn in order to replace your salary.
Yet, this is without counting the fact that you've no guaranty that this income will be constant, especially over a 40 years career time. Therefore you need to earn twice this, in order to be able to save some money for the moment making adult games will stop to pay, or if you are lucky, for the moment you'll reach retirement age.

So, globally, there's less than 100, over 7,584 creators of adult games, that are expected to be able to live from their hobby.
I say "expected", because for most of them it's not a single creator, but a team. Adpetus Steve is earning (more the last since the earning was above US$ 85K last time it was visible), but there's at least 5 peoples in the team. Once removed the taxes that the studio have to pay, and assuming that the income is equitably spread, at most they barely earn US$ 10K each.

You have really strong beliefs for someone who know absolutely nothing regarding what he's talking about.

the I disagree entirely. Googles would be the last I would use for comparison. They were outed in the legal battle with microsoft that they insert sub-optimal results as the first choices to get people to stay on the google page for slightly longer for more ad revenue.
:FacePalm: "When the sage points at the moon, the fool looks at the finger."

Do you even understand what you read ? I talk about a behavior previously known under a certain name, that happen to contain "google", and instead of addressing the said behavior, you answer that the company named google is evil...
I would have a more coherent discussion with a toddler.

I disagree. I think with a great discovery system and proper tags and review system, good games will get the support they needs. Will it be perfect? No but I think it'll be way better than what's currently avaliable.
Tell me, how many of the featured games have you tried ?
Once again you're blaming the tool for the laziness of its users.

It's not a matter of fees.
:FacePalm:
It's really exhausting that habit you have to systematically look at the finger.

You're also wrong about Itch.io as they fell short of this as well
Have you understood something between what I wrote and the link you provide ?
I say that you can sell incest, and even loli, content on itch.io, and your answer is a link saying that you can sell whatever adult content you want, as long you don't use some specific payment processors.

You prove me right, yet claim that I'm wrong... A toddler, please bring me a toddler...

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Rafster Anne wasn't nice too you.:cry: He's writing something about wanting to have a toddler, the moon and hands, perhaps he just need a bearhug? :unsure:

Last edited:

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Rafster Anne wasn't nice too you.:cry: He's writing something about wanting to have a toddler, the moon and hands, perhaps he just need a bearhug? :unsure:
There's one detail our grumpy daddy forgets: I'm a masochistic sub. The more he makes me cry and beg, the more I harass him. :love:

No one will starts to play, and even less pay for, gay furry games just because they suddenly became popular.
And now I made a bear lover cry because of you, you should be ashamed !
Tell me more nasty things, daddy :oops:

Last edited:

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
why dont people made good nsfw game anymore? all these new html game are all the same, al the vn are all the same, al the renpy game are all the same!!
nobody making game like xmoon/hotel elera/Last hope/vilain sim and so many over game were soooo good! where did they go? realy 90% of game on here are al the same storys, what the obsetian with girl looking like kid? its fucked!!
What is good and what is bad is a very subjective question. For example, for me the games listed in the title post are not the mark of quality (not higher than 2 points out of 5). On the other hand, games that I personally like may not be liked by many other people.
As an example - many people like games based on Honey Select, and I do not like them very much (solely because of the renders, graphics, even if they are a masterpiece of all time in terms of story). I immediately include them in my ignore list.
Similarly (for my own reasons), I extremely dislike the super popular Being a DIK and Summertime Saga.
As many people - so many opinions, that's the nature of things.