Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Where the Heart is - Cheat, game enhancement Mod + music [S1Beta] [KoGa3]

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
can someone explain to me how the mod works? i didnt understand how to use it
Sorry, overlooked your post.
Not quite sure about the exact problem - is it the installation of my Mod or the usage?

About the installation: In principle you have to do these steps:
1. download and install the main game
2. download my Mod
(there are 2 variants: only info screen/cheating or with additional music)
3. unzip my ZIP file and move the content into the games "game" folder (.../WhereTheHeartIs-Ep19-pc/game/), if asked overwrite files
4. when starting a new game or loading an old save this should then appear in the lower window area (a red "activate Mod menu"):
5. After pressing it and following a few steps the normal game content continues. If everything has worked correctly, then the info screen appears at the top and the Mod menu button at the bottom (+ a "radio" icon on the top left corner for the Mod with music).

The usage of my Mod: you can see the game character points directly (the info screen on the top of the screen) and also adjust them in the Mod screen with the +1 / -1 buttons. The Mod with music also has the option to play background music with a kind of jukebox function (single tracks or "mood" playlists).

But: When adjusting the points you have to be sure what you are changing - it's mostly just an advanced function for those who maybe read the RPY script files too while playing... Anyway, I always recommend to save the game before doing that.

Hopefully I could help you.

Last edited:

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
KoGa3 New update Ep.20 is out and i have a question if you can add to your mod also walkthrough like in your other mods, because frankly speaking currently available walkthrough mod with incest doesn't suit me very well although i like incet games very much myself but in case of this game it doesn't suit and i prefer to play the original version.

Reactions: MojoJoeJoe

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Oof, can't wait for the update lol. My save is borked without this mod. Tried loading it and the game just crashes with an error of missing music files.

So, looking forward to the update! :p

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Awesomeness, 1 down, 1 to go, now just got to wait for the Walkthrough Mod to update, and I will be good to go. Thank you so much for this.

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
KoGa3 New update Ep.20 is out and i have a question if you can add to your mod also walkthrough like in your other mods, because frankly speaking currently available walkthrough mod with incest doesn't suit me very well although i like incet games very much myself but in case of this game it doesn't suit and i prefer to play the original version.
Awesomeness, 1 down, 1 to go, now just got to wait for the Walkthrough Mod to update, and I will be good to go. Thank you so much for this.
The game actually has the walkthrough built into it as confirmed by Phalzyr, the maker of the previous non-incest mod. It is supposed to be an option in preferences to turn it on and off.

Add the attached files to the "game" folder and it turns on. White choice is best, grey is neutral and red is bad.

Reactions: Mario4don

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
The game actually has the walkthrough built into it as confirmed by Phalzyr, the maker of the previous non-incest mod. It is supposed to be an option in preferences to turn it on and off.

Add the attached files to the "game" folder and it turns on. White choice is best, grey is neutral and red is bad.
Either Chapter 20 has all best choices, or something is wrong here, because all of them was white. However, checking old saves from previous chapters and seeing some reds and greys there, so not sure.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Either Chapter 20 has all best choices, or something is wrong here, because all of them was white. However, checking old saves from previous chapters and seeing some reds and greys there, so not sure.

The "inbuilt" walkthrough seems to end with EP18. EP19 and EP20 don't have that integrated in the menu choices. But it's still better then nothing, I will try to add that into my Mod menu if possible.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018

Unfortunately this is not included in the standard options and the walkthrough only works when you add the files you uploaded, and unfortunately it only works up to episode 18, for the last two episodes 19 and 20 it no longer works and does not show the choices that give you points.

Reactions: JenMistress

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I have already tried it in the cheat only Mod, so far it works. But as mentioned before only the episodes 1-18. And since I've unfortunately played the game some time ago (I think it was episode 14) I can't add the missing ones, sorry.
I upload the new Mod versions with the walkthrough soon.

Here ingame pics of it:
WtHi_Mod11_08.jpg WtHi_Mod11_09.jpg

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
The "inbuilt" walkthrough seems to end with EP18. EP19 and EP20 don't have that integrated in the menu choices. But it's still better then nothing, I will try to add that into my Mod menu if possible.
Unfortunately this is not included in the standard options and the walkthrough only works when you add the files you uploaded, and unfortunately it only works up to episode 18, for the last two episodes 19 and 20 it no longer works and does not show the choices that give you points.
Sorry about that guys. I haven't played it since Chapter 18 myself so wasn't aware they took out.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Will cheat work on android?
I haven't tried that so far for this game. Sometimes it can work, but I fear that my Mod menu is not displayed correctly in Android here. There is a guide somewhere "flying around" in my other mod pages, unfortunately I haven't found it so far...

Quick steps:
- Install the Android game version
- start it once
- after that copy my extracted Mod files into a specific folder in your Android device
(should be something like ...\Android\data\"game-name"\files\game\ - and I think the "game" folder must be created by yourself)

Now my Mod menu should appear. But as already said I think it will be displayed not correctly (mostly my Mod menu is to long for the screen).

Reactions: Darkflame37

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
JenMistress KoGa3 Mario4don
I haven't checked if the other walkthroughs have been updated, but I went through Ep 19+20 and added all best green choices.. Didn't add all the red choices as the number of choices is just crazy!! added maybe 2 as they seemed important. This is like a harem playthough so if you are doing a single LI, choose as you would want to stay neutral.

White are now neutral and some bad. It's pretty easy to tell which is neutral and which is bad/being a dick though ;)

Last edited:

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
KoGa3 Damn, adding just the green choices took forever!!! I got a newfound respect for you guys that do mods like that on the daily!! :ROFLMAO: Thanks for the shout-out in the OP (y)

Reactions: KoGa3

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
KoGa3 Damn, adding just the green choices took forever!!! I got a newfound respect for you guys that do mods like that on the daily!! :ROFLMAO: Thanks for the shout-out in the OP (y)
Well... But for your relief, the updates of "Where the Heart is" are VERY big! For comparison: EP20 has nearly 10.000 lines of script code, a normal Rebirth/Hillside update ~1500 - 2000.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
JenMistress KoGa3 Mario4don
I haven't checked if the other walkthroughs have been uodated, but I went through Ep 19+20 and added all best green choices.. Didn't add all the red choices as the number of choices is just crazy!! added maybe 2 as they seemed important. This is like a harem playthough so if you are doing a single LI, choose as you would want to stay neutral.

White are now neutral and some bad. It's pretty easy to tell which is neutral and which is bad/being a dick though ;)
This does seem to work well enough for me. I remember how long it would take for me to play a chapter of this game, so I probably won't start Chapter 20 until tomorrow night's gaming session, but thank you so much for doing this.

Reactions: Chrisdarock19