Fan Art Where the Heart Is - Fan Art

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Except you correctly identified all the characters, somehow.
process of elimination. Who had red hair- Elaine. who was relatively skinny - several options I guessed Katie Dog boy was the most obvious. Dog boy's Mom- her hair style. What you need to realize is that most devs use several models and mix them together to achieve a 'look'. Ask the other artists how they do it. You don't need the exact answer just one where others realize what you are conveying. If you don't that is your call. There is a difference between getting observers to guess at the meaning of your art vice guessing if it is art.

Last I have on this. You aren't worth any more dead electrons.

Reactions: Mint-ER#

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I think the unspecified character assets are as follows:

Elaine:

Bella:

Zarah:

What do you think?
Elaine is not correct. You can look at the skin textures and see it is not correct. OZBD Melany has a blemish on her left breast as well as two in her middle abdomen one on either side. Besides this Melany also has a hint of gential hair built into the torso texture. Elaine has none of that. You need to look elsewhere. Look at Elaine renders from Episode 20 and you will quickly see the differnece. I would assume that is why your Elaine does not look like WTHI Elaine, with only a very small passing resemblance.

Bella is not correct either, take another look at the skin textures and compare FWSA Eliya to Bella from Episode 21. Bella has a distinctive mark on her left breast and just above her genitalia on her left side that Eliya does not have, and in reverse Eliya has four distinctive marks around her navel that Bella does not have. The eyebrows are not a match either, Bella has a squarish end in the middle and the brow hair is angled differently.

We already know about Zarah as she was mentioned and rendered prior to your post.

These are the little things you have to look for when trying to decide if a particular asset was used. That is how I found out what was really used for Theresa (dogboy's mom) despite what was commonly believed or intented to be used.

I am not saying you can't use these to make your renders, just that they are not the asset used in Where The Heart Is. Look at my render of Katie up above, no where in WTHI does she ever have long hair, so I took some artistic license and gave her longer hair. Also since I use Genesis 8 primarily, sometimes the original hair asset is not available for that generation so I am forced to substitute.

I see why t3alqdansam had issues identifying the correct characters from your Harem render, since there is a lot of imagination needed to know who you were trying to render. It was obvious to me because you mentioned which models you used in the post I just quoted, so I knew you had used those models for those specific characters.

Regardless, I just wanted to point out that looking for assets helps everyone in this thread and encourage you to keep doing it, just make sure you look at even small details.

Reactions: t3alqdansam

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
lockhear

I am pretty sure I found the correct base for Elaine. The skin texture is a 100% match and most of the facial features are close enough. Look at , used as is she looks like a young version of Elaine, so I think there is either an aging morph or maybe she is mixed with a Belladzines character to giver her the sunken cheeks. Of course there is a breast morph too.

Elaine_WTHI_Test_01_F95.png

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I fucking hate Bella. Spent a few days looking for Bella base and come to find out there is more than one Bella. I blame this totally on CheekyGimp! He has zero control over the renders, or at least gave up control at some point. Here is Bella from Episode 7, where she is first introduced:
E7S3_9a.jpg
This is using as base model is . A 100% match.

The next time we see Bella she is in Episode 9 at Elaine's house.
E9S5_8a.jpg
Holy shit, she had some cosmetic surgery. Had those moles on her breast removed. Had rhinoplasti done. Had her chin chiseled. She also had breast work done. For someone with no money and nop visible means of supporting herself, that is pretty spendy, don't you think! I am about 80% confident the skin texture is from P3Design.

At least when we see her again in Episode 14 she hasn't had any significant work done, but it is likely rendered by a different person as the lighting in the same house give her a warmer tone.
E14S3_3.jpg
One thing to not, her cheeks are not as hollow in this render, despite trying to find render with similar or the same expressions.

Now again at Elaine's house in Episode 16, still using the same render settings.
E16SB_05a.jpg

We haven't even mentioned the rest of her body, seems she did a little pruning in the secret garden for Episode 19 at the beach house.
E19SB_10.jpg
If I wasn't delusional from all the medication I am taking, I would swear she is using the same skin texture as Elaine!

From this point onward in the VN she remains pretty stable, as far as renders are concerned. Episode 21, and Episode 22 she still looks the same. As of now I will stop looking for Bella. I don't like the character and I don't like the renders of her. As to why this is CheekyGimps fault, I believe at the very beginning he was doing all the renders, then started farming them out, well not everyone was on the same page, or there was no feedback, simply accepting what was rendered and adding it to the VN. This was true with Theresa (dogboy's mom) as well as now with Bella. If his goal is to eventually put this on Steam, then maybe a complete re-rendering of the whole story is in order.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
One more thing, Bella's hair is FUGLY!, if she needed a wavy part in the middle style maybe AprilYSH Delphi Hair would be better. Actually almost anything would be better than the Goldtassel Katherine Hair that CG or his renderers used.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Original Bella
Bella_WTHI_Test_EJRosalia_01_F95.png

Bella with P3Design Patricia skin texture
Bella_WTHI_Test_EJRosalia_P3DPatricia_02_F95.png

Bella having a great hair day
Bella_WTHI_Test_03_F95.png

Of course if AprilYSH would convert all of her hair assets to dForce it would be even better.

lockhear
100% confirmed
Bella
Body and Head =
Skin pre-Episode 9 =
Skin Episode 9++ =
Hair = Goldtassel , also part of the Lilith 7 Starter/Pro Bundle