Mod Ren'Py Where the Heart Is - Incest Re-write & Walkthrough Mod [Episode 24] [XanusR]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

XanusR

Sep 17, 2018
WTHI IC WM.png

Overview:
This mod adds incest content into the game, making Monica the MC's mother and Katie and Jenna the MC's sisters. The mod changes all related dialogue in the game to reflect this change. Also contains an optional full walkthrough for all the choices in the game, highlighting which choices gain points, lose points, or result in a GAME OVER. Also fixes some minor punctuation, capitalization, and grammar errors.

Dr.Addy has returned & given me his approval to continue to update this version of his mod. Therefore updates will happen as and when they're needed.

I'm not going to update this mod for the Season 1 beta release. I will update it when Season 1's full version is released.

Updated: 4-12-2023
Game/Creator: Where The Heart Is /
Modder: XanusR - -
Mod Version: Episode 24
Game Version: Episode 24
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download: Icepick52's bugfix is now built in.
- - -

Last edited:

DeeCanon

Mar 12, 2018
so i downloaded it and tried to start a new game and i got an error (the I and wt mod that is)

Loading a previous save seems to work fine so i guess its just a problem starting a new one

XanusR

Sep 17, 2018
so i downloaded it and tried to start a new game and i got an error (the I and wt mod that is)

Loading a previous save seems to work fine so i guess its just a problem starting a new one
Yes, I noticed this myself, both with and without my mod. I don't believe a bug fix has been released since I downloaded it originally so I left it to assumption that it is a bug in the original game. A possible fix for this is to start a game at selected chapter (2) but hit the bottom option and it should start you from the beginning. (Not 100% sure as I only tried to mitigate this bug once). Reading the log there it looks to be an issue with the script.rpy file (which I didn't touch, which confirms it to be a game issue, not a mod issue) I will see if I can sort it out, looks to be the common theme of shitty scripting on behalf of the dev.

EDIT: Fix for this issue added to op. It was a slight cock up in the script.rpy file.

Last edited:

platypushperry

Engaged Member
Jul 20, 2022
Hi folks,

I know this won't be a popular decision for some of you but I need to pause development of the final two episodes of WTHI for a couple of months so we can focus on a re-do of the earlier episodes. This is not a decision I am taking lightly and I've mulled this over for the past few months. The re-do is not just an upgrade of the early episode art, it will be a full script overhaul of ALL of the earlier episodes (removing some scenes, adding some new ones, editing some scenes and extending some scenes) in addition to re-doing all of the art and adding animations. Why not finish WTHI first and then start on the re-do? (Fair question). Here's why...

As most of you know, I have a real-life job in addition to working on WTHI. For the first four years of working on WTHI, I used to do the equivalent of working two full time jobs where I would work my normal job Mon-Fri and also squeeze in 40-60 hours of WTHI per week ( 4-5 hours Mon-thur evenings, an all-nighter on Friday and then as many hours as possible on Sat-Sun).

But after four years, that was no longer sustainable (was burning me out) so what I have been doing recently is alternating my time between my real-life job and WTHI by taking unpaid leave from my job (either a couple of days a week, a couple of weeks a month or more recently, I have taken a whole month off work to concentrate on WTHI). When I'm working WTHI only, I can easily squeeze in 60 hrs per week. But when I'm working my real-life job, I can only manage about 20-25 hours per week on WTHI. And Cell (our long suffering artist) is continously churning out 50+ hour weeks. I thought we could keep this set-up going until I finish WTHI completely but I cannot. To finish the game properly (without cutting corners and ensuring we give each character the ending they deserve), I estimate there is at least 6 months work left (to complete EP24 and EP25) plus I want to do an epilogue scene for each character (or group of characters), so there's still many months of work needed to complete WTHI fully. I was hoping to get it all done by the end of this year with the current system of alternating between unpaid time-off from my real-life job but I can't.

Currently, WTHI requires over 100 hours per week spread across Cell and I. After Patreon costs, transfer fees and all the other outgoings associated with game development, this means that working on WTHI actually pays Cell and I less than minimum wage per hour (based on where we live). So continously taking unpaid leave from my real-life (decent-paying) job to earn minimum wage is just not sustainable for the rest of this year.

So, the current plan is to increase the audience/income for WTHI by releasing on Steam. If all goes to plan, the extra income from Steam will give me more financial wiggle-room to take more unpaid time-off from work to focus on WTHI. So, although it means a lack of progress on new episodes in the short-term, it is the best decision for the overall completion of the game.

In order to get onto steam, we have to re-do the earlier episodes, because they are just not up to scratch. So the current plan is to spend the next two months working on a re-do of episodes 1-10 (Season 1) and release on Steam. And obviously we will also release the new upgraded game on patreon too. And once Season 1 is complete, we can then switch our focus back to current episodes and complete and release Episode 24.

I know some people have been clamoring for a rework, while many others would prefer that we just finished the game before going back and re-doing but in the long-run (and based on my personal circumstances) this is the best approach for the overall completion of the game and to keep the quality high. So, for any of you that have been asking for a rework of earlier episodes, it is coming. For any of you that have zero interest in a re-do and only want the new episodes, then consider this a two-month postponement of the new episodes. And for those in the zero interest category, I fully understand if you drop/cancel your pledge.

As always, please ask any questions or add any inputs/comments in the comments section below or feel free to DM me directly.

Thanks,

CG

XanusR Seems we will be needing your help for Season 1 again.

XanusR

Sep 17, 2018
Hi folks,

I know this won't be a popular decision for some of you but I need to pause development of the final two episodes of WTHI for a couple of months so we can focus on a re-do of the earlier episodes. This is not a decision I am taking lightly and I've mulled this over for the past few months. The re-do is not just an upgrade of the early episode art, it will be a full script overhaul of ALL of the earlier episodes (removing some scenes, adding some new ones, editing some scenes and extending some scenes) in addition to re-doing all of the art and adding animations. Why not finish WTHI first and then start on the re-do? (Fair question). Here's why...

As most of you know, I have a real-life job in addition to working on WTHI. For the first four years of working on WTHI, I used to do the equivalent of working two full time jobs where I would work my normal job Mon-Fri and also squeeze in 40-60 hours of WTHI per week ( 4-5 hours Mon-thur evenings, an all-nighter on Friday and then as many hours as possible on Sat-Sun).

But after four years, that was no longer sustainable (was burning me out) so what I have been doing recently is alternating my time between my real-life job and WTHI by taking unpaid leave from my job (either a couple of days a week, a couple of weeks a month or more recently, I have taken a whole month off work to concentrate on WTHI). When I'm working WTHI only, I can easily squeeze in 60 hrs per week. But when I'm working my real-life job, I can only manage about 20-25 hours per week on WTHI. And Cell (our long suffering artist) is continously churning out 50+ hour weeks. I thought we could keep this set-up going until I finish WTHI completely but I cannot. To finish the game properly (without cutting corners and ensuring we give each character the ending they deserve), I estimate there is at least 6 months work left (to complete EP24 and EP25) plus I want to do an epilogue scene for each character (or group of characters), so there's still many months of work needed to complete WTHI fully. I was hoping to get it all done by the end of this year with the current system of alternating between unpaid time-off from my real-life job but I can't.

Currently, WTHI requires over 100 hours per week spread across Cell and I. After Patreon costs, transfer fees and all the other outgoings associated with game development, this means that working on WTHI actually pays Cell and I less than minimum wage per hour (based on where we live). So continously taking unpaid leave from my real-life (decent-paying) job to earn minimum wage is just not sustainable for the rest of this year.

So, the current plan is to increase the audience/income for WTHI by releasing on Steam. If all goes to plan, the extra income from Steam will give me more financial wiggle-room to take more unpaid time-off from work to focus on WTHI. So, although it means a lack of progress on new episodes in the short-term, it is the best decision for the overall completion of the game.

In order to get onto steam, we have to re-do the earlier episodes, because they are just not up to scratch. So the current plan is to spend the next two months working on a re-do of episodes 1-10 (Season 1) and release on Steam. And obviously we will also release the new upgraded game on patreon too. And once Season 1 is complete, we can then switch our focus back to current episodes and complete and release Episode 24.

I know some people have been clamoring for a rework, while many others would prefer that we just finished the game before going back and re-doing but in the long-run (and based on my personal circumstances) this is the best approach for the overall completion of the game and to keep the quality high. So, for any of you that have been asking for a rework of earlier episodes, it is coming. For any of you that have zero interest in a re-do and only want the new episodes, then consider this a two-month postponement of the new episodes. And for those in the zero interest category, I fully understand if you drop/cancel your pledge.

As always, please ask any questions or add any inputs/comments in the comments section below or feel free to DM me directly.

Thanks,

CG

XanusR Seems we will be needing your help for Season 1 again.
Alright while I'm not particularly happy about this, I hope the dev takes the time and fixes his shitty scripting in the earlier eps with this overhaul (I don't see why he wouldn't with it being a overhaul but weirder things have happened). A quick forewarning, when it's released I'll effectively have to start from scratch (which I avoided in the end this time, thankfully after reading that) so it will likely take a while for me to remake the mod.

DSTORQUE

Dec 10, 2017
Thank you for updating this mod. I understand that some significant work will have to go into updating the remade early episodes when those release, but I'd also like to request that a little more work go into the rest of the game as well for this mod.

There are countless times where Katie, Jenna, and others refer to you as their "man" or "boyfriend". It would be nice to see some of these adjusted to their "brother" or "son". Not all of these instances should be replaced of course, but enough where you don't go entire scenes without a hint of the incest theme. I'd be willing to offer my own edits if you like.

Anyways, great work again and good luck on the future updates!

XanusR

Sep 17, 2018
Thank you for updating this mod. I understand that some significant work will have to go into updating the remade early episodes when those release, but I'd also like to request that a little more work go into the rest of the game as well for this mod.

There are countless times where Katie, Jenna, and others refer to you as their "man" or "boyfriend". It would be nice to see some of these adjusted to their "brother" or "son". Not all of these instances should be replaced of course, but enough where you don't go entire scenes without a hint of the incest theme. I'd be willing to offer my own edits if you like.
I can understand that. There a few points where even I can't find the incest theme within Dr.Addy's original, I was already planning to make quite a few adjustments with the next version to minimize this issue (if not remove the issue entirely). I'm also thinking of adding in a cheats section to the mod (if not in the next update, it'll be in either a small update or the next game update after) at the moment though this is only a thought as some of the cheats I'm thinking of implementing may end up borking variables and I want to minimize that as much as I can.

Anyways, great work again and good luck on the future updates!
Thanks for the really kind words mate. If all goes to plan your suggestion will be implemented alongside the cheat section in the next update.

DSTORQUE

Dec 10, 2017
I'm also thinking of adding in a cheats section to the mod (if not in the next update, it'll be in either a small update or the next game update after) at the moment though this is only a thought as some of the cheats I'm thinking of implementing may end up borking variables and I want to minimize that as much as I can.
This would be a great addition to the mod! Currently I use a cheat mod by KoGa3 that allows you to increase and decrease relationship points and various other variables. It's quite useful. Something similar to that would be great.

I'd like to clarify if you are talking about only variables or possibly something a little more involved? There are (admittedly few) points in the game where you can't experience every variable without some sort of consequences.

The particular scene I'm thinking of is Lily's date with the Chef and Mabel. If you confirmed your love for Katie earlier after the foursome, you are locked out of Lily's sex scene on the date without dumping Katie. This doesn't feel right, as you are already sexing the other two as well. I've experimented with the variables and changing just one in the script allows you to access the sex scene while suggesting to Lily that you could date her and her friends.

Another example is Mabel at the Carnival date. You can still sex Mabel and Monica, but it leads to Monica's feelings being hurt or you lying like an asshole, and you can't win the raffle (though that doesn't effect much). A small edit to make sexing Mabel more of a fun session and less of a betrayal would be nice.

Anyways, would you be interested in adding options that allow for more content to be viewed in a single playthrough? Small edits like the ones suggested above would be nice, but I'm not sure if that's asking too much or if maybe I'm the only one interested in such things.

Reactions: XanusR

XanusR

Sep 17, 2018
This would be a great addition to the mod! Currently I use a cheat mod by KoGa3 that allows you to increase and decrease relationship points and various other variables. It's quite useful. Something similar to that would be great.

I'd like to clarify if you are talking about only variables or possibly something a little more involved? There are (admittedly few) points in the game where you can't experience every variable without some sort of consequences.
I'm thinking allowing to changing of variables (only where it wont bork them beyond repair), modification of points and changing parts of the story where I add another option like I have with a few at the start where it says "Both" or "All the above" where you see all scenes but it doesn't harm the playthrough in any way. To be honest I'm thinking of remastering the entire core script from Episode 22 onward to allow for harem playthroughs instead of forcing players unwillingly down set paths with only 1 or 2 girls on it like CG currently has it. (though this will unfortunately force what I'm trying to avoid, the incompatibility of saves back to the base game) Whether or not I do this is entirely down to how the script looks in the next version, if it's as bad as it is now I'm not going to remaster it as it'd likely give me a brain haemorrhage whilst trying.

The particular scene I'm thinking of is Lily's date with the Chef and Mabel. If you confirmed your love for Katie earlier after the foursome, you are locked out of Lily's sex scene on the date without dumping Katie. This doesn't feel right, as you are already sexing the other two as well. I've experimented with the variables and changing just one in the script allows you to access the sex scene while suggesting to Lily that you could date her and her friends.

Another example is Mabel at the Carnival date. You can still sex Mabel and Monica, but it leads to Monica's feelings being hurt or you lying like an asshole, and you can't win the raffle (though that doesn't effect much). A small edit to make sexing Mabel more of a fun session and less of a betrayal would be nice.
These are prime examples where I'll add a both and/or modify the core script to allow for a harem playthrough.

Anyways, would you be interested in adding options that allow for more content to be viewed in a single playthrough? Small edits like the ones suggested above would be nice, but I'm not sure if that's asking too much or if maybe I'm the only one interested in such things.
Using this as a TL : DR: If all goes to plan, yes.

mynameisntjimmyb

Jun 17, 2020
While playing with this mod I keep running into errors that render the game almost unplayable. A pop up will appear saying "An exception has occurred" and it allows me the options: rollback, ignore, reload, console, open, copy BBCode, copy markdown, and quit. The only thing that I can really do is click "ignore" which just takes away my ability to choose what to say at a particular time and sometimes forces me to say the wrong thing.

The exception that I keep getting is: '/font' closes a text tag that isn't open. This seems to happen when it can't find certain a certain line in the game file. Please help

XanusR

Sep 17, 2018
While playing with this mod I keep running into errors that render the game almost unplayable. A pop up will appear saying "An exception has occurred" and it allows me the options: rollback, ignore, reload, console, open, copy BBCode, copy markdown, and quit. The only thing that I can really do is click "ignore" which just takes away my ability to choose what to say at a particular time and sometimes forces me to say the wrong thing.

The exception that I keep getting is: '/font' closes a text tag that isn't open. This seems to happen when it can't find certain a certain line in the game file. Please help
I would need your traceback file to ascertain exactly where this bug is coming from and if it's an issue with my mod or not. Considering you're the only one whom has made me aware of such a bug though it may be as simple as incorrect installation or something similar.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote