Daz Where would you recomend to sell your assets? Daz3D / Renderosity / other?

GalArt

Feb 17, 2019
So is anyone out there who offers his work on any of those stores or even has experience with both of them in that matter? Which one would you recomend, or under which circumstances would you say, that one is better than the other?

Which stores have more traffic?
- I couldn't find any figures other than Daz3D claiming to have hundreds of thousand of views each day

Which stores have better revenue conditions?
- I was shocked by the 50% Daz3D takes from sales (if I didnt misunderstood something)
- also Daz3D products have to be exclusive to the Daz store? Is it the same with every 3D store?

What else there is to know and consider?
- Like maybe Daz3D is mostly populated by casual hobby artists / beginners and Renderosity has a bigger professional Community? This way, basic assets could sell better on Daz3D.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
Even with the high cut, the official store at DAZ is your best option if you want to sell assets for DAZ Studio. If it's adult content, go with Renderotica. The 50% cut might be steep but long time sellers at DAZ swear it's justified.

Just make sure your product is decent since DAZ has an excellent refund policy. You want to make people who buy your product keep it.

GalArt

Feb 17, 2019
since DAZ has an excellent refund policy.
Darn, didn't knew that. Would have refunded a lot of stuff myself. But who would have thought? Quality assurance for sure isn't all that good, even tho it sounds as it should be with their 2-step review policy.

Thank you for your advise. I would have thought it's more 60/40 between Daz and Renderosity, because of the amount of good quality assets released on Renderosity. (Well at least from what I can tell, judging by the assets, which make it to this forum.)

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Renderosity seems easier to break into. Daz3d sure has some very high standards imo.

The former has a free section, you could try posting something there and see how people respond to it.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
So is anyone out there who offers his work on any of those stores or even has experience with both of them in that matter? Which one would you recomend, or under which circumstances would you say, that one is better than the other?
The information below is anecdotal, based on some conversations I've had with PA's, forum posts, etc. Note that I am NOT a content creator, so this is not from first-hand experience.

Which stores have more traffic?
- I couldn't find any figures other than Daz3D claiming to have hundreds of thousand of views each day
Daz3d.com almost certainly dominates traffic-wise. It's the only site that most new Daz Studio users know about - they don't find about other stores until later, if at all. Also, Studio integrates with it directly, so people can buy-while-they're-using. Finally, the Daz Install Manager is usually far easier for newbies to use than the manual installation procedures you have to go through from the other stores.

Which stores have better revenue conditions?
- I was shocked by the 50% Daz3D takes from sales (if I didnt misunderstood something)
It is a bit steep, but the PA's that I've seen discuss this say that they still make a lot more through Daz3d.com than some of the other sites, simply because of the traffic.

- also Daz3D products have to be exclusive to the Daz store? Is it the same with every 3D store?
They say that, but there are some caveats. First, there are definitely products that have been offered elsewhere and then moved into the Daz store. In many cases, they're still sold elsewhere, just under a slightly different title or something. In addition, you retain all the copyrights, etc., (Daz is only acting as a broker) and so you can choose to leave the Daz store if you like. (A number of PA's have.)

What else there is to know and consider?
- Like maybe Daz3D is mostly populated by casual hobby artists / beginners and Renderosity has a bigger professional Community? This way, basic assets could sell better on Daz3D.
The hurdle to get over to get into Daz's store is higher - you have to go through their review process and get chosen. That can be a high bar for new PA's. On other stores, AFAIK you can pretty much sell whatever you want just by signing up. On average, people seem to think that the Daz store has higher-quality products, and Daz does back that up with their 30-day money back guarantee. Basically, if the product turns out to be bugged, or if it just doesn't do what you want, you can get refunded. That's comforting to a lot of buyers. In addition, if the product turns out to have an issue with it, Daz will pass that on to the PA and encourage them to update it (they almost always do), which bolsters the quality reputation.

Also, Daz periodically has sales. If your product is chosen for one (I think you have to consent) the price gets dropped, but it gets put directly in front of a LOT of people. Again, exposure. Finally, the Daz3d site is where the Studio forums are, and many PA's use that to monitor their products, and interact with customers and potential customers. So if you have a question about a product, you can almost always get an answer before you buy, or if you need support with it, you can almost always get it afterwards.

So I think this is a lot of the reason the Daz store is more popular, and how they justify their cut. (They do have to fund development of the program out of the asset sales, after all.)

On the flip side, you can't sell anything sexual on the Daz store. That doesn't mean, for example, that female garments can't have "expose" morphs - many do - but they have to be mentioned discreetly and (if shown) shown with "mannequin" type figures. But sexual props, accessories, poses, etc., are out. Those are almost found on Renderotica. (I don't think Renderostiy permits them, although they are much more liberal in terms of the photos you can post of people wearing - or not - garments. You can see that in nirvy's store on Renderosity, for example.)

Anyway, those are some of my thoughts on the matter. Best of luck in your creative processes!

hardwire666

Apr 12, 2018
I don't know what percentage they take, but you could try gumroad. A lot of people use it for blender addons and stuff. Don't see any reason it couldn't work for Daz assets as well. You would only be missing the exposure you get from Daz, or Renderocity.

Reactions: GalArt
Nov 9, 2022
Sell on Renderosity. Or gumroad. Or DeviantArt. Or all of the above. Or your own personal website.

Once you're already selling stuff on other websites and people are actually buying, Daz may decide to accept your business. They take a bigger cut, but they handle support for you.