Daz Which denoiser do you use?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
You don't use a HDRI/IBL for it's background but for for its lightning qualities, ffs :HideThePain:.
16k setup, are you insane??? Fucking why lmao?
And no, upscaling that obvious color map to 4k doesn't make it HD either :HideThePain:.
How (non-color) map are baked (and used in that shit shader) is key.

Last edited:

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
You don't use a HDRI/IBL for it's background but for for its lightning qualities, ffs :HideThePain:.
16k setup, are you insane??? Fucking why lmao?
And no, upscaling that obvious color map to 4k doesn't make it HD either :HideThePain:.
How (non-color) map are baked (and used in that shit shader) is key.
I had this long reply typed out and then I realized... why fucking bother. Anyone who can actually say with a straight face that you don't use HDRI's for background images in Daz is not someone worth arguing with. Certainly nobody who's had to produce thousands of renders for a project. Unless they enjoy wasting time.

Anyhow expert ... FWIW, I've done apx 140 UHD renders this past week - using my "bloated" assets - and my average render time is less than 5 minutes, with a setting of 6000 iterations or 95% quality. The results so far (prior to post processing) are much, much better than on my last project, which I shot in 1080p and using mostly stock G8's with normal textures.

• Haha
Reactions: immortalkid69

Romirom

Jul 5, 2018
- Buy a 4090
- render UHD images in 5 minutes
- scale down to 1080p
- done

Just kidding. I was using Nvidia Denoiser for most of the time. It's quick and easy and the results are decent.