Unreal Engine - Abandoned - White Light [v0.2] [HappyPixel]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Prick

Okay, so I really didn't know what to expect from this. Everyone is trash talking the file size, which is actually a fair point for the amount of content here. It's roughly 15GB at the most, mostly condensed into a single .pak file. My play through lasted about thirty minutes, which includes separate dialogue options and cut scenes.

I'm going to cover the pros and cons of my experience with this demo.
    Pros:
    +Introduction scene really grabbed my attention, I'm looking forward to the nature vibes. (Which is 99% absent beyond this scene.)
    +Well established player movement, as well as AI navigation.
    +Graphic settings (minimum but still helps with tweaking around to better suite your system.)
    +Atmosphere, the setting is nice, the scenery is nice, and the overall theme makes this game stand out.
    +Animated sex scenes which are mostly fluid, aside from transitions.
    +Boob physics :)
    +Sound effects. (The footsteps on the wooden floors really stood out to me with headphones.)
    +Fireproof cabins. (Honestly though, those torches are so lit.)

Cons:
    -It takes 10+ seconds to open a door.
    -Loading screens do not give any indication that it's loading, just a white screen.
    -Random cut scenes that remove player control, not only are they random, most of them are pointless.
    -Dialogue translation is a good laugh.
    -Some dialogue can be skipped for a fast reader, others are forced.
    -Most dialogue options are center screen, then some will pop up in the corner instead. (Accidentally made a few wrong choices based on my mouse position trying to skip dialogue.)
    -There is no free will, everything you do follows a script, game-play is extremely linear and lacks any real decision making outside of dialogue.
    -Bad body mesh on the "Ciri" clone.
    -Speaking of which, the sex scene was hilarious... "I'm cold hug me", *strips naked in the woods for bj & sex.* Followed by a first person franken crotch...

Overall this game has enormous potential, I've had my eyes on it for a while and finally gave it a shot. My PC struggles to run the exterior cell, there needs to be an option to toggle grass and other foliage.
    Not sure if this game is still being developed or not, didn't bother to check. However I will watch for any updates to see what they bring to the table. The devs must have spent a fair amount of time just for this, I don't see why they would stop.

*Edit*
    They only have 3 patrons currently, last post was from April 2018, it is currently June 2018.
    Wondering if the demo didn't take off as much as they wanted it to.