Ren'Py - Whores of Thrones [S3 E06] [FunFictionArt]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Argeddon

Good cgs. Nice world building (a lot of it is already established based on the tv series), so it creates a more open and entertaining atmosphere. The branching paths based on the character choices are always a plus, even better considering there are multiple characters to play as. It's good that the dev doesn't simply have the characters be forced into rapey scenes (as a lot of female exploitation cliches), and you can relatively clearly interpret what may happen based on the choice you make. I issue may be the time skipping feature, it gets somewhat tiresome and tedious to press, and you can't skip it (so it gets repetitive). But I think I can ignore this minor flaw considering the content this game has to offer. So far, so good!
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2203154

This was a difficult one for me. I think Froggy's review below was on point.

I recognize the effort that has gone into this. The multiple character game play adds a layer of interest and complexity. The writer is clearly talented. The renders are decent and the story crafted well around the lore.

So why didn't I love it?

Maybe it is just GoT burnout. But I can think of a few other reasons.

1. I would have expected more of a corruption line with Arya and Sansa. The opposite was true. They are portrayed as willing or seasoned pros, and especially into women. This just didn't do it for me. Also, may just be me, but think they could have done better with a softer Arya face model.

2. The writing is good, but at times it is verbose exposition, not plot advancing. A bit unecessary given the parody status, and also meant that I found myself wanting to click through it.

3. I completed the game (except for an annoying bug that seems to prevent Arya's thief/lockpicking encounter if left till later on in the game) and was shocked from looking at the files at how much I missed. It is still not obvious to me how I missed it all, which suggests pathways and consequences need further refining.

It's a good game. A great effort. And deserves to be successful, which is why 4 stars and not 3, even though for me it lies somewhere between. I will definitely come back, but not till they have significantly more material.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

froggy92

review based on 0.9. This is a fan fiction VN with elements of sandbox imo.
    Pros:
    Multi character gameplay is a nice idea and a tribute to the original story
    renders are ok and characters are recognisable
    pretty straight forward path to kink
    Cons:
    to much narration for a story that players already know.
    apart from stark incest the rest is vanilla. You'd expect more in the GOT lore.
    choices only impact is missing a scene or a slight variation of it (confirmed by unren)
    more lesbo than anything else which is unfortunate in my case

May give this another try later on but in its current state this game is an average fan fiction told in the form of an adult game. Doesn't excel at any IMHO. It has potential but needs to choose what it is. That being said good luck to the dev's with the project
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Regin34

I'm big fan of Game of Thrones and I'm happy to have such well done game to see favourite protaginst in more sexy ways! I'm big fan of warrior girls and fantasy, so decition to make all girls mature, is good and leave us a lot fun things to do.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Oric13

This is one game that definitely should be played with the incest patch, which makes it a great fit for the Game of Thronesverse.

I didn't start playing till v0.8 and I love the pictures and the storylines so far. I also like that aside from the Visual Novel aspect, you can also work on the characters skills (without a lot of grinding involved).

My only complaint is that Ned Stark occasionally seems a bit too dense, and also makes pointless threats, but I suppose that fits nicely into the whole "stupid Ned Stark" trope. Although Ned Stark was supposed to be a master swordsman, so that bit about him losing a sword fight so easily (if you pick "draw your sword" option when arresting Tyrion) doesn't really make sense. But whatever, I'm more interested to see how his relationship develops with Sansa than his sword skill. ;)

Anyhow, really looking forward to the next update.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1263332

Game has been out for years now but hasn't got a lot of traction. I think this is mainly due to the reality that this game is very mediocre.

Good renders, that make sense within the content of the game, but the overall art is not spectacular. The plot is played out in a strange way; in between a VN and a Sandbox. would kill for a real GoT Sandbox, this isn't it.

I'm sure with some fixes and a stronger pushfor new content, this may have been a very popular game. This is currently not the case.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

DragonFire

This game needs more reviews so here goes:
    It's an excellent sandbox game, but one has to read carefully when it's functions are explained because some locations has content sometimes even as it would appear empty from the outside, which makes it more interesting ;)

Great renders, mostly unique and true to the original story, but a few brings a nostalgic smile from other games.. wether this was intended or not is unimportant.

Even though the log book inform how to progress on missions/events, a small walk through could be needed to explain the consequences of certain choices/actions.
    For example knowing how the characters from the original story would act and react might not be the best cause of action to take in this game.. but that might still be something for the future to unveil? :unsure:

Personally I used the roll back function a lot to find the most lewd path for all characters and fully enjoyed the parody.
    The amount of content is surprising, looking forward to the future development(y)

Could wish for more animated scenes, for those that are in it is very well done.
    Could also wish for sounds during them, as it would make a more enjoyable fap session :p

I still give it a solid 5 star vote, as it was some good hours of play time:giggle:
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Stark3000

This game is a perfect parody of GoT. I liked it very much and the models look very nice btw (especially daenerys ;) ).
    not that much content yet but I think that there will be more updates in the future.

well, I think you deserve 5/5 stars ^^
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Andrash

In my honest opinion, the game seems to be on the right track, as of v0.3. It also has an almost fair amount of gameplay for the early build. The most amusing thing about this game is that the character models resemble very closely to their original actors in the series, this adds up to the immersion. The choices seem to matter in the plot development, which is mostly rudimentary in various other games that lead to almost the same outcome every time with minor deviations, no matter the choice, this adds to the replayability. You can even select out of multiple protagonists (2 for this version) and watch the story unfold in layers.

The character development, although not much needed for the fans of the original franchise, is also great and packed with subtle jokes and humor. I recommend this game to the fans of the series and hope to see it develop into a masterpiece one day...
  10. 4.00 star(s)

BranTheBrokenDick

I've seen great things here, the renders are amazing the aspect of the game itself is good, the story is a good parody. The only thing I could point out is the lack of choices. I can see good things coming, and guess who will rule them all