Why are incest games so popular?

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
Thats just not true. Unless you do it over multiple generations there is really no risk.

well thats what i mean. And thats why is taboo. If everyone thinks there is no risk then there is no limits on people actions or restraints. Inbreeding risk presents usually when there is about 4 generation on inbreeding. And actually its not main factor. Main factor is genetic diseases. and when in family there is genetic disease then inbreeding will have risk to carry it on. But in taboo sense it doesn't matter thats why taboo was created to stop inbreeding. But now as we like in 21 century then its just sexual act without need to procreate and tools to stop it. But its still considered taboo.

If we check historical royal and noble lines they are all heavily inbreeded, but that dosent mean they are all sickly or genetic foulness. There is a difference in limitless inbreeding and selective breeding and in human world there is same rules as in the animal world. you can inbreed but you got to know limits and be sure genetic diseases are not carried on.

Reactions: TankyThomas

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
People aren't attracted to their actual mothers, but the scenario is comforting in that in the story you can get both sex and unconditional love, care, and comfort. An actual relationship is based on what you can provide and if you can no longer provide looks, money, whatever then the relationship ends. But in incest scenarios there's not that underlying fear.

It's also the perfect story environment because everything can happen in the house. You don't need to find some clever but unlikely way for the hero to meet a girl while out walking around the street.

There's also an emotional bond that's already grown, so it doesn't take a hundred pages to set things up.

Creeper81

Oct 16, 2022
I can't say that I have ever been attracted to any member of my family, but if my sister or mother looked like Tessa Fowler or of equivalent beauty then yeah I would totally be up for it. Yeah I know, shallow.

Beardyguy

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2022
I've been thinking about this too myself, why do i like incest games/comics, i'm worried that it can influence my real life, but my worried is unnecessary, because fortunately it's never happened,

• Haha
Reactions: TankyThomas