Why are more and more games using MC Pov

MC POV Bueno?

• Total voters

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
I actually render both ways for our game. Often it is due to the scene. Sometimes third party view is best for a scene, such as sex, or if I want to show an emotion from MC. Sometimes it is due to how the scene is laid out and makes sense for the scene. Sometimes it is just laziness on my part, one less character to pose in a large scene, or having a wall that would be in the way of a camera, and not wanting to spend the time fighting with figuring out how to hide a wall that isn't a wall you can easily hide.

But most of the time, it is just how I feel the scene will look and what will fit best. Probably wrong more than half the time on that though, but it is what it is.

So in conclusion, I have no idea if this makes sense. :unsure:

Reactions: hakarlman

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
It's when the dev doesn't want you to masturbate to the game and be immersed into the story instead, I guess. Perhaps it wants to drive home the ntr angle where the mc watches other people have sex, in the game.

The sex scenes are such unmitigated garbage with 1st person pov.

Reactions: hakarlman

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Protagonist Point Of View is mostly terrible artistic decision IMHO, but for fairness sake I'll start with its advantages:
1. Blowjobs can look very hot
2. Doggie style sex can look very hot
3. Cowgirl sex can look very hot

However:
1. You can achieve all the bullets above with 3rd person
2. Missionary sex is basically just the protagonist looking into the girl's eyes
3. Kisses, Jesus Christ, what a disaster. Those horrific "3d girl closing her eyes and puckering her lips at 1920X1080" shots are nightmare fuel.
4. You're generally extremely limited to what the protagonist is seeing

Now for the "immersion" argument that is bound to show up: game developers have been using 3rd person view since the 80s with no significant loss of "immersion".

Show the guy.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Depends on who, why, where. I started using it on my second project, but I use both to be honest. PoV and without it. PoV cause it helps with immersion, but since I always make the characters and they're not just random default shit... I use both versions.

Fzeren

Sep 25, 2020
I mean, is it a daz game? Have you seen male daz characters? Jesus. PoV isn't ideal, but it is definitely the lesser of two evils.

I'm guessing female daz characters look less offputting because the makeup softens the edges? ... feminize the men?

• Haha
Reactions: Mystic

dubg

Jul 8, 2017
Some great points being made here that I had not thougt of, very cool. I do agree that blowjobs and doggy can look good in POV. But I just think it looks wierd in all other aspects of a game when I am in POV mode.

Even in normal games I do prefer third person, the only game I can really stand being in POV is counter strike haha. I saw Shroud playing red dead 2 on Twitch in first person and I just couldent understand it. But to each there own.

And I did not make this thread just to complain, I was hoping there would be a discussion about it, and it seems like it worked. Becuse I do see more and more games going the POV route and most of the time, I cant even play them cause it dosent get me off and in the end I play these games to get off.

I appreciate you all voting :giggle:

Reactions: Crooked13th

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Saves the trouble render and designing a main character.
Trouble is NOT rendering main char at any cost.
Severely limiting your shots / story, it's more boring than anything lol.

Remind me when gamers thought Half-Life was a revolutionary narrative design lmao.
How guillible people are :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: CardinalRed

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
it's telling how we never ever see faceless MCs in a female protagonist story.

it's kinda disturbing to not have a face for the most central character of a story, even clinically insane. but there are practical reasons, like the difficulty of designing a half decent male character. so hard to make a male face that's not distractingly weird looking.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Some first person games are good, but they really have to be top notch for it to work for me. I strongly prefer a third person game all around. The sex scenes, ALL of them, are much hotter that way.

Beatrix Kiddo

Donor
Aug 25, 2016
For me it depends entirely on the game, story, and even scene. I can't imagine LomL with 3rd person view, and can't imagine Pale Carnations with 1st pv either. Maybe it's just because that's how they were made. Maybe I don't really care all that much.

What I can say for certain is that some male MC looks can seriously put me off. I usually don't like when they stand out too much, unless there's a reasonable excuse for it.

Reactions: 246

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Some shots and angles are hot in 1st person POV. Blowjobs and doggy for example. Rendering in ONLY first person view or cutting off the MC's head is just cringe though. One of those things that hardcore self inserters insist on that limits the game.

Reactions: fitgirlbestgirl