Why are you so angry?

Jul 9, 2024
Why are you so angry?

Hi there! Small talk here.

The latest update in one of the game threads led me to this idea.
For some time now I have been seeing a lot of negativity on this forum. That is to say… no offense to you, dear users, there are clearly decent and good people among you. Especially those who write constructive reviews.

And yet, I follow threads like Innocent Witches, Bone Tales, and so on, and time after time people write nothing but nastiness.
I am almost 110% sure that the people who write such things did not Created any Full Games themselves or even indi or Full Demo.

For example, one person writes that he hates the RPGM engine. Okay, a matter of preference (especially considering that this does not prevent him from appreciating someone else's work).
Another person writes that freeloaders do it through Live2D and call it animation… and actually it is like peace of cake NO content thing.
But I would like to ask, has he tried to make anything in Live2D himself? I am not very familiar with this program, but I know how to draw resources for it and I have basic animation skills. And I will tell you a secret, even if the developer uses Live2D - this is Very Complex Work. It is Hard. Its not like u slap ur fingers and it is done. ANY animation is hard. What is not hard - give people sone credit for theyr… at least time.

There is a lot of such negativity, and I would say that its root is people's dissatisfaction with someone else's work. Like games. The games that some people receive for free. Such things could have their place if you invested yr money in it, and it disappeared. But even so, you Yourself made the choice to invest it in this game. No one forced you. So why do you write thigs like that?

Today I see 60% of forum members as people who look more like consumers than useful users for developers. Moreover, forum members are, in theory, interested in developers creating good games for them. So… why so many words about how "someone there" is slacking off and so on? Have you tried to understand this issue before judging others?

I apologize if this sounds harsh, but I would still like to know people's opinions on this matter.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
doesn't seem like there was much going on there. one person didn't like rpgm, the other person live2d. big whoop, two people among hungreds of thousands.

really it sounds like you're the one whining here. I mean really, this is nothing and you're trying to make it into a big overarching narrative. the barbarians are at the gates!

Jul 9, 2024
doesn't seem like there was much going on there. one person didn't like rpgm, the other person live2d. big whoop, two people among hungreds of thousands.

really it sounds like you're the one whining here. I mean really, this is nothing and you're trying to make it into a big overarching narrative. the barbarians are at the gates!
You need more exmpls? It is easy to find them. And no, my interest here is only to heat people thots. Why not be nice? Make a cake, or if you cant but eated it, then just say thanks. Thats it. It is a small talk after all)

Last69!
I think the same thing.
I guess it doesent metter actually if people are agressive even when you are interested in them, asking them why are they so hursh, or asking them to be more greatful for free content.

Jul 9, 2024
The thing is… I'd say it is a huge comunity porblem. If I am wrong, pls, let me know why.

Like, you ask some folks specificly "Why are you angry?", you put some exmp of that anger and they are... No saying Why. They have no arguments, just sayn "It is you are the bad one here". I can only rise hands and close my mouth.
If asking why are you angry and puting some arguments is Bad, or toxic... well, I am bad.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I am almost 110% sure that the people who write such things did not Created any Full Games themselves or even indi or Full Demo.
Saying "You should try to make x before criticizing" is a very stupid take. You don't have to become a chef to say whether a dish tastes good or not. It's their opinion as the end user, and it's completely valid even if they have zero experience.

Another person writes that freeloaders do it through Live2D and call it animation… and actually it is like peace of cake NO content thing.
That's just ignorance, and it's okay to be ignorant. I've lost count of how many people are ignorant regarding AI, and some don't even try, they just parrot the QQ's of the artists on twitter.

Personally I feel the internet has been like since 2016.
:LUL: I pretty much grew in the Gunz community (childhood online game) and I am sure if people nowdays did the same, there'd be many less sensitive people around.

Anyway, half of that would be a pretty big deal if you were an actual reviewer, but almost no one is an actual reviewer in websites like itch.io or steam... That includes F95Zone, too. It says "Review", but it's more of "my personal opinion/view", once you see it from that perspective, it's not as bad.
Besides, as I've always said, F95Zone's reviews are the most moderated when compared to those on itch.io/steam, despite being a pirate website with volounter staff.

If a review is insulting and/or breaks these rules: https://f95zone.to/threads/review-rating-rules-updated-2021-05-31.1753/ it will be taken care of if you report it. That includes off-topic/insults in game threads.

Gunjira

Aug 10, 2024
calling out a dev because he's a scummy scumbag is not the same as discouraging an artist by being rude to his work, I believe there's nothing wrong with calling out bullshit when you see it, some devs are clearly abusing trust of their supporter and it's not right to let it happen.

on the other hand it's undeniable that there are peoples that are just being discouraging to others, just because they themselves don't want to feel miserable in comparison.

I know how it can seem unfair but the path of "forced benevolence" lead to dystopian settings like the movie "THX 1138" (modern day England, in short.)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Sleepingbrother

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
You don't need to create anything to say it's shit if it's shit.
Similarly how you don't need to be a chef to say the food you just ate is shit if it is.
The real problem is that some people say the food is shit even when it isn't shit, or when they haven't even tried it yet.
It's like those funny fellas who bag a cockroach, bring it to a restaurant, and then put it into their plate and pretend it was there to begin with. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
Perhaps that's how they vent, go figure. :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:
Reactions: Yakis0ba

Death Panda

May 8, 2023
God forbid people in game threads actually talk about the merits and demerits of the game instead of mindlessly chearleading or asking for a 100% save/walkthrough/tech support.

Reactions: Yakis0ba

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
This is a pirate site. People don't have to pay money to voice their dissatisfaction about the game. As well as be sure to create your own game.
Pretty much this. The forum is not a hugbox where any dissent or criticism is buried. There is reddit for that.
It's also not a feedback collection service, it's just a forum where like-minded people share their opinions or lack thereof.

Wankyudo

Jul 26, 2017
Pirates are by nature, entitled. It is what it is. We download peoples games with zero regards to those peoples feelings about their game because we want to play it and get our rocks off.

Now, that entitlement isn't going to just apply to downloading and playing the game. We have opinions. We want our opinions heard. Sometimes we have shit opinions. Sometimes we have great opinions! Sometimes constructive, sometimes worthless. Kind of comes with the territory if you have an open forum where you don't have a dollar sign minimum to voice what you think.

Most of the time we don't know the process that went into the game. Nor do we care. We don't know the developers life story, or how much time they can allocate the game. Most of the time people will look at the patreon, see "Wow! They're making like..$621 a month and they're only releasing an update every two months?! This is BS!" even though we don't know the situation. If they're working with a team then that $621 is cut first for patreon's fees and then split again to cover each team members electricity bill but that still doesn't account for food. rent. water. phone bills. internet bills. Of course there's developers that make more then enough and they do drag it out for as long as possible. But that's not the majority. That's the 1%. That's the Rockefellers. The Waltons. The Al Nahyans. But we're still going to apply those standards to every dev!

To answer your question. Why does it seem like everybody is angry? Well...because the vast majority of the people that go into those threads. Leave the one star review saying "This game has NTR! RAAAAAAH," have only one brain; and it's located directly in the dick that's lost all of the blood to it from their rage-induced stranglehold when their favorite waifu gets cucked. Same premise as any non-adult game where discords and forums are going to be filled with people raging at the game while the people happy with it are going to actually be playing the game. Sane people are here just to shitpost. Devs usually will look for that one guy who said "Well, the combat system could be done this way a bit better," for actual feedback; while expecting every other page to be horny monkeys throwing shit at the walls.

Reactions: 7thOmen

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
The only time one of these games made me angry was when the OP didn't make it clear there was unavoidable gender-bender, and the game made it look like you could fight it, only to give you a bad end.

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
Pirates are by nature, entitled. It is what it is. We download peoples games with zero regards to those peoples feelings about their game because we want to play it and get our rocks off.

Now, that entitlement isn't going to just apply to downloading and playing the game. We have opinions. We want our opinions heard. Sometimes we have shit opinions. Sometimes we have great opinions! Sometimes constructive, sometimes worthless. Kind of comes with the territory if you have an open forum where you don't have a dollar sign minimum to voice what you think.

Most of the time we don't know the process that went into the game. Nor do we care. We don't know the developers life story, or how much time they can allocate the game. Most of the time people will look at the patreon, see "Wow! They're making like..$621 a month and they're only releasing an update every two months?! This is BS!" even though we don't know the situation. If they're working with a team then that $621 is cut first for patreon's fees and then split again to cover each team members electricity bill but that still doesn't account for food. rent. water. phone bills. internet bills. Of course there's developers that make more then enough and they do drag it out for as long as possible. But that's not the majority. That's the 1%. That's the Rockefellers. The Waltons. The Al Nahyans. But we're still going to apply those standards to every dev!

To answer your question. Why does it seem like everybody is angry? Well...because the vast majority of the people that go into those threads. Leave the one star review saying "This game has NTR! RAAAAAAH," have only one brain; and it's located directly in the dick that's lost all of the blood to it from their rage-induced stranglehold when their favorite waifu gets cucked. Same premise as any non-adult game where discords and forums are going to be filled with people raging at the game while the people happy with it are going to actually be playing the game. Sane people are here just to shitpost. Devs usually will look for that one guy who said "Well, the combat system could be done this way a bit better," for actual feedback; while expecting every other page to be horny monkeys throwing shit at the walls.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gunjira

Aug 10, 2024
it's not really pirating, it's mostly warez, peoples share stuff, and since there's a lot of peoples it's mostly beneficial to any content creator to have so much visibility on their product.

it's not just "pirates" that are entitled, everyone is entitled to an opinion.