Why are you so angry?

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
it's not really pirating, it's mostly warez, peoples share stuff, and since there's a lot of peoples it's mostly beneficial to any content creator to have so much visibility on their product.

it's not just "pirates" that are entitled, everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Don't forget all the scraper sites, siphoning off content from f95. Don't even need to do SEO, they do it for you lmao

HELIO CESAR

May 30, 2018
Oh, were you kidding? I thought you gave the coordinates of an open place near your house to fight with people from this site :)
Yeah, this is what a get from those coords
1723578281500.png
Would be cool tho, like the Joshs battle, just doubt anyone here would want to show up at the event haha

Gone405

May 1, 2024
Why are you so angry?

Hi there! Small talk here.

The latest update in one of the game threads led me to this idea.
For some time now I have been seeing a lot of negativity on this forum. That is to say… no offense to you, dear users, there are clearly decent and good people among you. Especially those who write constructive reviews.

And yet, I follow threads like Innocent Witches, Bone Tales, and so on, and time after time people write nothing but nastiness.
I am almost 110% sure that the people who write such things did not Created any Full Games themselves or even indi or Full Demo.

For example, one person writes that he hates the RPGM engine. Okay, a matter of preference (especially considering that this does not prevent him from appreciating someone else's work).
Another person writes that freeloaders do it through Live2D and call it animation… and actually it is like peace of cake NO content thing.
But I would like to ask, has he tried to make anything in Live2D himself? I am not very familiar with this program, but I know how to draw resources for it and I have basic animation skills. And I will tell you a secret, even if the developer uses Live2D - this is Very Complex Work. It is Hard. Its not like u slap ur fingers and it is done. ANY animation is hard. What is not hard - give people sone credit for theyr… at least time.

There is a lot of such negativity, and I would say that its root is people's dissatisfaction with someone else's work. Like games. The games that some people receive for free. Such things could have their place if you invested yr money in it, and it disappeared. But even so, you Yourself made the choice to invest it in this game. No one forced you. So why do you write thigs like that?

Today I see 60% of forum members as people who look more like consumers than useful users for developers. Moreover, forum members are, in theory, interested in developers creating good games for them. So… why so many words about how "someone there" is slacking off and so on? Have you tried to understand this issue before judging others?

I apologize if this sounds harsh, but I would still like to know people's opinions on this matter.
It's silly when peeps are getting so bent out of shape over free games were getting from different devs. I get trying to give feedback but most of the time peeps just bitch n call it a day not really helping anyone. With peeps investing money into VNs have to understand that these devs are normal ass people and sometimes shit fails and gets scappyed. For everyone super successful game we have like 40-50 failed ones.

Gone405

May 1, 2024
The one time I can understand is when devs let everyone know the game won't have a theme (NTR, feet, incest) but later add it into the game because fans of those themes want them in the game then the main fans who invested are now fucked because a lot of themes were changed for money sake or whatever.

Reactions: Yakis0ba

Kamishirov

Sep 22, 2023
You're going to have such things on both sides of the fence, unfortunately it's easier to be negative than positive. If I told someone to make a family friendly movie or one with sex/violence/Etc, which one would be easier to produce and likely have vastly more success?

You have to be a genius to create a movie like Home Alone and make it watchable, but bashing out some Marvel shit is a piece of cake, Star Wars for example doesn't need to make any sense for the popcorn munchers most of the time, it could depict anything as long as their favourite character is in it and there are some explosions.

I have seen some reviews on here what are GLOWING, like 5 stars when the game is extraordinarily mid, I'm as bemused about the positivity as much as OP is about all the negativity.

Sometimes people aren't reasonable, sometimes it is black and white, if someone has a bad time it's SHIT, 1 star!

It's how people glean whether something's worth a damn in this World, on Amazon for example people have been programmed that it's pretty much pointless to put a 3 star rating, people either view 1 or 5 star ratings to see if there's any value there, people want to see the bad first though later on tempering it with reading the good reviews before making a judgement.

Gone405

May 1, 2024
You're going to have such things on both sides of the fence, unfortunately it's easier to be negative than positive. If I told someone to make a family friendly movie or one with sex/violence/Etc, which one would be easier to produce and likely have vastly more success?

You have to be a genius to create a movie like Home Alone and make it watchable, but bashing out some Marvel shit is a piece of cake, Star Wars for example doesn't need to make any sense for the popcorn munchers most of the time, it could depict anything as long as their favourite character is in it and there are some explosions.

I have seen some reviews on here what are GLOWING, like 5 stars when the game is extraordinarily mid, I'm as bemused about the positivity as much as OP is about all the negativity.

Sometimes people aren't reasonable, sometimes it is black and white, if someone has a bad time it's SHIT, 1 star!

It's how people glean whether something's worth a damn in this World, on Amazon for example people have been programmed that it's pretty much pointless to put a 3 star rating, people either view 1 or 5 star ratings to see if there's any value there, people want to see the bad first though later on tempering it with reading the good reviews before making a judgement.
Ig with the positive ones to "quote mid games" isn't that bad cause I'm assuming a lot of devs on here are 1st timers and amateurs so I ain't expecting perfect or near perfect games. Peeps are still learning but I get this is the internet and peeps don't care. It's a double edge sword for us all tbh.

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
So in the end both are wasting their times then.
Not trying to be standoff-ish but isn't sharing speech the whole point of a forum? I know many see it as a free advertising platform but still.

Reactions: Gone405

Gone405

May 1, 2024
Not trying to be standoff-ish but isn't sharing speech the whole point of a forum? I know many see it as a free advertising platform but still.
Oh you're not wrong. I just say at the end of it all it's a double edge sword.

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
It's silly when peeps are getting so bent out of shape over free games were getting from different devs. I get trying to give feedback but most of the time peeps just bitch n call it a day not really helping anyone. With peeps investing money into VNs have to understand that these devs are normal ass people and sometimes shit fails and gets scappyed. For everyone super successful game we have like 40-50 failed ones.
"Making the mother of all omelettes here Jack, can't fret over every egg"

Reactions: Gone405