Why do people see BigBrother as NTR?

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Pretty much exactly what the title says.
I dont understand why everyone sees BB as an NTR game.

The MC isnt actually with the mother or the sisters in anyway at the start of Erics rival minus the fact they are related.

I mean dont get me wrong Eric is a huge douche lol and honestly a pain in the backside. While it does add a little more intrigue in the game I dont really care much for it myself.
But anyway my point being Eric is the enemy yes but he isnt stealing the MCs girlfriend as the MC isnt actually dating any of the characters so why is everyone so uptight about it being an NTR game?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
If a "Barney" has romantic feelings, romantic intentions, or a romantic relationship with "Betty" and "Betty" has sex with "Fred" which causes feelings of jealousy in Barney. That is NTR. Even non-consensual sex and family members count.
With that said.. romantic feelings or intentions towards someone with that person having sex with someone else which causes feelings of jealousy is NTR.
In BB, the MC's attracted to his mom around the time that she's already involved with Eric. So to me, the mom does NOT count as NTR. What I view as NTR is Eric's stated intent to have sex with both your sisters after YOU admitted interest. Second, after you have sex with your aunt and you try for a relationship with her, Eric blackmails her into having sex with him. That is NTR. What happened is that the MC develops an attraction to his sisters and aunt and Eric either blocks you or has sex with them. That's NTR because he's causing feelings of jealousy by having sex with them or attempting to after you've developed a romantic attraction.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017

The MC isnt actually with the mother or the sisters in anyway at the start of Erics rival minus the fact they are related.

I mean dont get me wrong Eric is a huge douche lol and honestly a pain in the backside. While it does add a little more intrigue in the game I dont really care much for it myself.
But anyway my point being Eric is the enemy yes but he isnt stealing the MCs girlfriend as the MC isnt actually dating any of the characters so why is everyone so uptight about it being an NTR game?
See, you're making assumptions here. Or I suppose I should say, you're looking from a particular perspective.

The way you're looking at it, from the jump the MC has no feelings, of the sexual sort, for any of the females in his household. This is subjective, as far as I'm concerned the MC might not be in a relationship but he def has romantic feelings for them ALL. For all we know poor max could've been getting cockteased his whole life. Sexy mom, sexy sisters, no play. What's a boy to do? Jack. Lots and lots of jacking. Right arm looking like dude from The Big Fish.

But then some douche comes in and starts banging your mom, even tho you want that sweet sweet kitty, and tells you your sisters are gonna get it too. Then he fucks your Aunt after you've marked that down, cause he can, and tells you to deal with it. loser. While the only thing you can do is give him limp dick syndrome for a night, but he still fucks your mom in the AM.

Where the confusion at?

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Hmm after actually taking the time to see what NTR is defined as I can see how the game would be NTR so I withdraw my statement.
My confusion came from the fact that every other ntr game ive seen/played its labeled as ntr because some dudes wife/gf is essentially cheating on him or being forced into sex with someone other than said dude.
And in this case Eric is defintely not stealing the MC's gf or wife.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Eric is meant to be competition that the player/MC can overcome to win his prize. Unfortunately for months now Eric has been an unavoidable obstacle that requires you to be an unwilling witness to his prickish nature.

Truthfully, Eric is actually the cuck and your the prick if you win out. You should have no chance in hell in having sex with your mother, sisters, or aunt. But the purpose of the game ofc is to do just that and burn Eric in the process. It's really the win condition and because of the struggle, you feel accomplished. Sadly the NTR your recieving has more to do with how much money he's making of the drama, as I've had the feeling it wasn't his intention to have Eric be nothing more than a rival.

As popular as the game is, it lost it's luster for me. I'm not a fan really. The mom is levels of unrealistically stupid, the girls are ok I suppose, and Eric is just too obvious to be believable. If I was the MC I would get with the nudist girl and let the stupid bitches get fucked over by Eric because they deserve that life for being that level of dumb. And let's not forget the MC is just.....lame. Sadly he's not even special as this is par for the course in this genre. At least with Summertime Saga and My New Life the MC is still in school.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Paraphrasing someone else on this forum;

If the game wasn't labelled as incest, you might have an argument saying it isn't NTR. However, the very fact its meant to be an incest game first and foremost, means anyone else screwing your family immediately makes it NTR.

It's an incest game with hardly any incest, instead some random guy comes and fucks your entire family while you watch from the shadows. It's NTR.

Aug 22, 2016
This is just a technicality, why does it matter whether this specific qualifier applies to this game or not ?

The guy wants to bang this girl and that girl, and someone else comes in and fucks them and corrupts them.

Some people don't like that.

Call that "NTR" or "allagrito" or "baumschweinhauptmann" ... whatever

Reactions: Partomatic

LeeAnasaki

May 20, 2017
Sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language [Google Translator]:
I see this with the NTR so that it is not only the cheating of the partner but also losing the bond to each other. An example for NTR would be if the mother neglected her child because the friend wants it from her and she does it without hesitation [or in the worst case]. So I see NTR not only on sexual level but also on empathic level. I think there are many factors of different fetish: corruption, submission, cheating; And depending on the nature of the NTR then stop the dark things like, abandon or emotionally don't give a fuck on it whether the MC dies. NTR has many farcettes. I see it like a car crash, you can not see away though you should.

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
what is NTR ? I searched in google but didnt undestand what is it.

kokotheworm

Aug 19, 2016
Because the pace of the game is badly set . Eric should arrive latter in the game , if you follow the first walkthrough you doesn't spend as much time seeking money as you spend plotting your way to your families panties ,even if you do you have time through the various scene the occasion to build up a relationship toward each of the Girl .
The mother which is the classic oedipian figure you want to bone because she is nice , caring , gorgeous and don't really mind that much you oggling her , the bitchy older sister you can't wait to reverse the relationship and the innocent sweet little sister you can't wait to introduce to the grown up world . So you start the game with a big house and all the time in the world to get to know each of those women , Yet when thing start to get funny you have this huge douche popping out of the blue and trowing a wrench in your plan.
This is not NTR since the MC is not in a relationship with the girl yet he is a rival and one intent on making your life miserable and abusing each of your sweet girl. While the plot doesn't qualify as NTR the situation of the game place the player in that situation , because those game are intended to let you have your way with the women , so too many it's NTR .

megadork

Dec 10, 2017
I think a lot of people myself included saw it as ntr because Eric was implemented extremely badly.

You can argue that he didn't get a chance to develop the character, but the fact that he was so poorly written in and then given godlike powers over your family within the first week/month it doesn't take a genius to figure out why he wasn't
well received.

Reactions: MooseBrando

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Major forum rule says that every non-MC character in a harem game feels like NTR. Since most western games are harem Eric is an NTR essence for people here. Ofc it's not NTR as Max doesn't have any feelings toward his family and isn't even in relationship with anyone. NTR definition is always blurred when it's about incest harem game.

Claudio83

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
In Big Brother the NTR route seems to be abandoned, if you want go ahead in the game you must necessarily get rid of Eric... or i'm wrong?

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
In Big Brother the NTR route seems to be abandoned, if you want go ahead in the game you must necessarily get rid of Eric... or i'm wrong?
Yup. It's been cutted out due to the outrage that scared developer. BB is linear VN now

Cervantes123

Jul 11, 2017
Major forum rule says that every non-MC character in a harem game feels like NTR. Since most western games are harem Eric is an NTR essence for people here. Ofc it's not NTR as Max doesn't have any feelings toward his family and isn't even in relationship with anyone. NTR definition is always blurred when it's about incest harem game.
Eric recieved hate not because of some ntr but because he was just stupid character without any plot, and with godlike powers, if the mc was better written he would be fighting with eric as equal and it would be good because it would be building suspense. So to summarize, Eric was bad because he came out of knowhere and almost immediately got in better relationships with all of the family than the mc.

Reactions: MooseBrando

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Eric recieved hate not because of some ntr but because he was just stupid character without any plot, and with godlike powers, if the mc was better written he would be fighting with eric as equal and it would be good because it would be building suspense. So to summarize, Eric was bad because he came out of knowhere and almost immediately got in better relationships with all of the family than the mc.
Oh, I didn't say anything about Eric being good or bad. It's just as far as NTR goes his scenes are not NTR. As far as game goes he could've been handled better I guess.

Cervantes123

Jul 11, 2017
Oh, I didn't say anything about Eric being good or bad. It's just as far as NTR goes his scenes are not NTR. As far as game goes he could've been handled better I guess.
They are ntr practically by definition. Your loved ones are getting stealed and corrupted by alpha male and you can't do anything to stop him. Without a guide I think that most of the players would not get rid of him.

May 25, 2017

I don't think they need to be strictly in a relationship with the guy inorder for it to be NTR.
They just need to be a romantic/sexual interest, which they are. They're romantic/sexual interest that get taken away from you. I dunno how much more NTR it can get. But Eric walks in, stops your efforts of romancing them, romances them himself, makes sure you never touch them, and then finally removes them from your life while he goes on to impregnate them as the MC laments on what has happened and what will happen.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
They are ntr practically by definition. Your loved ones are getting stealed and corrupted by alpha male and you can't do anything to stop him. Without a guide I think that most of the players would not get rid of him.
That's pretty ok definition but Max has never shown any feelings about his family not to say any love. In my opinion real NTR is really unlikely to exist in a harem game where MC by definition doesn't really love any of his targets. It wouldn't be considered as NTR in Japan for sure and I find original definitions crucial. But it surely feels like one so comparisons are fair I suppose

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I tried it yesterday and I don't like Eric at all. as many of you already wrote, he has to much power and is an asshole, he is your typical angst NTR dude. at least theres a way to get rid of him, but its a bit stressful to do it and its not fun.
Of course its NTR, this because its a incest game and MC's "gameplay" is to seduce the mother and/or sisters. It wouldn't be NTR if the MC didn't have any "sexual" routes with his family. we could say this is Incest-NTR, this because the "player" is taking the role of a male with a purpose to get to know the females on the game, all which you can start a relationship with, Eric is there to stop it, cucking you using his influence and power. Not sure why this is so popular, I didn't enjoy it much.

Reactions: Zippity