Why do so many HTML games are made to be "sandboxes"?

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
I've already gave my definition at least twice. Games that require points, money, or some other form of keeping score to progress. Like a road block of having to purchase something for an LI to progress their story that costs an amount of money that you have to earn. Or sandboxes where people are on a schedule. I.E. Specific conversations that can only happen on a specific day of the week in the afternoon in that particular room. Sandboxes are things that require specific requirements of some sort to progress. Games like Milfy City have none of that, but still allow you to choose your path by letting you go to Caroline's room instead of your mothers. I.E. free roam instead of requirements to progress.
what are you talking about? milfy city very much has that. day of week, time of day, rooms. they aren't just there for show.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
what are you talking about? milfy city very much has that. day of week, time of day, rooms. they aren't just there for show.
It had specific times of day, but not specific times of the week (except maybe weekday instead of weekend, I can't remember really, it's been years.). But, IIRC you didn't have to wait until tuesday to talk to Caroline, ever. But sometimes you did have to wait until afternoon (or evening) for the store. It had the most minimal requirements I can remember a sandbox style game having, lol. But yeah, I exaggerated when I gave my example so you're right I misspoke earlier.

InterracialFanatic

Feb 5, 2024
I've already gave my definition at least twice. Games that require points, money, or some other form of keeping score to progress. Like a road block of having to purchase something for an LI to progress their story that costs an amount of money that you have to earn. Or sandboxes where people are on a schedule. I.E. Specific conversations that can only happen on a specific day of the week in the afternoon in that particular room. Sandboxes are things that require specific requirements of some sort to progress. Games like Milfy City have none of that, but still allow you to choose your path by letting you go to Caroline's room instead of your mothers. I.E. free roam instead of requirements to progress.
u wot m8? Milfy City has both of those. You have to earn money at certain points to advance a particular LI's story (why I had to play that stupid minigame on the pc over and over again) and you can only interact with a LI at certain times of the day at certain locations and you had to wait till the weekend to go on dates (and could only do one date per weekend)

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
u wot m8? Milfy City has both of those. You have to earn money at certain points to advance a particular LI's story (why I had to play that stupid minigame on the pc over and over again) and you can only interact with a LI at certain times of the day at certain locations and you had to wait till the weekend to go on dates (and could only do one date per weekend)
Probably should have waited until the previous post where I corrected myself and admitted I remembered incorrectly. The post directly before this one.