Why does patreon prohibit "fringe" sexual content?

Erosoft

Jun 19, 2017
then instead of rambling about the bible and jesus (which is not what i asked for a source about), point to actual things feminism is doing to "stick their noses in everyones's private business" that has a much greater impact than the christian conservative groups doing the same?
I'm not sure if "feminism" is to blame. But if you follow the trail back from Patreon to payment processors to the tastes of shareholders and people at large, feminism as a concept probably contributed to the distaste for certain sexual content.

This is particularly in regard to sexual violence in video games. Rape is a cornerstone of many stellar eroge, and is a natural consequence of common gameplay loops. Games in general often involve combat and conquest, and when NSFW content is thrown in the mix, it's predictable to have content that involves the submission of unwilling participants.

Duller people see a glorified male protagonist defeating and raping NPCs and assume that the fantasy scenario encourages or glorifies real-world sexual violence. Since most of us here are not stupid I don't need to explain why this is ridiculous. "Feminists" and conservatives are probably both guilty of this.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Geigi

Crell

Aug 6, 2017
What does that have to do with anything? This is a thread about Patreon rules for fictional content.
No thank you. Just as you and I can hate Christianity without being satanist, so too can people hate feminism without being members of some shitty ass reddit cult.
If you HATE feminism, you are an incel. No two ways about it. No matter whether or not you want to be called that.

Feminism is simply the proposition that men and women are equally as valueable and should both be treated fairly. The fact you hate that makes you a bona fide incel. And if you didn't even know what feminism meant, you're just a run of the mill right wing culture warrior who drank the kool aid.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

Death Panda

May 8, 2023
If you HATE feminism, you are an incel. No two ways about it. No matter whether or not you want to be called that.
Yes, and if you hate Christ, then obviously you must have Satan in your heart. That's just how cults operate.

Christians also have a kinder, gentler, soft side that they show to newcomers. A first you just have to accept that Jesus died for your sins, but then later you're not allowed to jack off anymore and you have to give them a tenth of your income.

Last edited: