Why don't erotic 3D games include the turn-based combat system from RPGM?

Noel_zero

May 12, 2021
Hello everyone, I want to share a thought that has been bothering me for a long time.

Why don't erotic 3D games include the turn-based combat system from RPGM?

A simple example, imagine "Yakuza: Like a Dragon" with the combat system, achievements and side jobs from "Karryn's Prison". Just the thought of such a game is already amazing. So many possibilities are opened up just by the concept of a turn-based game from a third person perspective. But unfortunately, now 3D games cause nothing but disappointment. For example, “Wild Life”, no matter how beautiful it is, is unlikely to become interesting.

Why doesn't anyone even try to make games like this?
Share your thoughts on this matter...

bethrezen0

Jan 27, 2022
Because RPGM offers ready to use JRPG combat, and other engines that allow making games in 3D, popular ones like Unity and UE don't. If you wanna make any kind of combat you have to code that yourself, and classic JRPG isn't really that popular anymore, especially in the west, so that's why i think.
Even the people who use RPGM, seeing the gameplay in many of these games, i personally believe that devs use that combat system because that's the only thing given to them, not because they wanted to make a JRPG specifically. and would chose something else as a battle system if the engine offered it by default.

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Because RPGM offers ready to use JRPG combat, and other engines that allow making games in 3D, popular ones like Unity and UE don't. If you wanna make any kind of combat you have to code that yourself, and classic JRPG isn't really that popular anymore, especially in the west, so that's why i think.
Even the people who use RPGM, seeing the gameplay in many of these games, i personally believe that devs use that combat system because that's the only thing given to them, not because they wanted to make a JRPG specifically. and would chose something else as a battle system if the engine offered it by default.
I love JRPG combat, and wanted it in my game. Even if I could change it, I wouldn't. I grew up on games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Lunar, Suikoden, Xenogears etc. So, at the very least, I wouldn't choose another system.

bethrezen0

Jan 27, 2022
I love JRPG combat, and wanted it in my game. Even if I could change it, I wouldn't. I grew up on games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Lunar, Suikoden, Xenogears etc. So, at the very least, I wouldn't choose another system.
Fair enough, Haven't played your game, "Headpats & Handholding" sounds too much for me to handle. But i didn't mean every dev who choses RPGM of course, clearly people who made something like Omori or Fear and Hunger knew exactly what they are doing, that was the last ones with turn based combat i played. Karryn's Prison mentioned by OP combat system looks quite thought out too.
But c'mon do you really think there's so much RPGM games because all the devs just love JRPG's so much ? There's a lot of games here that are nothing like that in any way, with very generic and boring gameplay, idk like in games made by "shoku"
Feels more like an excuse to put battlefuck somewhere than attempt at JRPG. There is also quite a lot of games on RPGM that diches the combat completely.

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Fair enough, Haven't played your game, "Headpats & Handholding" sounds too much for me to handle. But i didn't mean every dev who choses RPGM of course, clearly people who made something like Omori or Fear and Hunger knew exactly what they are doing, that was the last ones with turn based combat i played. Karryn's Prison mentioned by OP combat system looks quite thought out too.
But c'mon do you really think there's so much RPGM games because all the devs just love JRPG's so much ? There's a lot of games here that are nothing like that in any way, with very generic and boring gameplay, idk like in games made by "shoku"
Feels more like an excuse to put battlefuck somewhere than attempt at JRPG. There is also quite a lot of games on RPGM that diches the combat completely.
Ah, I guess I should clarify. I was more stating that not every dev goes for the default RPGM combat just because it's there, or "easy". Some of us enjoy the stereotypical JRPG combat. Though, I admit, I did spice it up a little by offering very flexible character builds.

And yes, my game is absolutely degenerate, even by F95 standards. I mean, I've got an at-will headpat button, and dog petting. I'm a real sick fuck. :ROFLMAO:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: bethrezen0