Why is MC's father always a prick?

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Good question but.... what do you think? if it's an overused trope how would you replace it in an incest game AND non-incest game?

You are right about all the asshole dads, but also think about how a good dad would react in an incest story to his son having sex with his daughters all over the house and having sex with his wife? If we go further, would a good dad not want to spend time with his family? that would cut into the time and opportunities the son would have with his sisters and mom.
The mom and sisters have a role in the story as LI but what would a good dads role in the story be? you can't use him as someone to give advice, he'd be in the way for the sex scenes. What would his role be in a story where the mc is inlove with his mom and sisters or trying to corrupt them? What interactions could the mc and a good dad have to move the story forward? After all that there would still be the people complaining that the game is NTR...

In a non-incest story how would a good dad react to his son bringing woman after woman, girl after girl home and having sex with them all over the place? How could the son do this and NOT be seen by his sisters or mother or the dad himself? What would a good dad say about him having sex in front of his sisters? If the son doesn't have sex at home then the only real point to "home" is a place to sleep and pass time? why not just sleep at the girl or woman's house you had sex with and leave the "home" out all together? Then do you really even need to see the rest of the family? At this point what role would a good dad have in the story?

It is a good question but in my opinion I don't think there are any other real options without making any story really DARK.
Having a good dad that is alive and at home would put the MC in the position of screwing over his good dad who is supposed to love and either stealing his family or setting a very bad example and that is a pretty dark twist to any story :(
As long as everyone has this idea that incest is ONLY between a son and his mother and sister(s), you are correct, there probably won't be a lot of 'good' roles for a father in a game. I mean, it would be completely impossible for the MC's dad to have married his own sister and is okay with his son 'getting jiggy' with his own siblings, while leaving mommy and daddy as side/background characters.
Also, unless you are trying for some type of underage loli/shota theme, the MC should be an adult. There is nothing to say that the MC couldn't have his own place, in the same town, and just hasn't 'cut the cord' with the family and regularly visits home while maintaining his own living space to 'bring da Ho's' to. I know it is a completely insane idea to think that the MC is a living, thinking, rational, adult, who can support himself (and just has the hots for his family), but hey, I have had dumber ideas.

Here's some ideas:
- Mo and Dad just didn't 'click' as a couple and after an amicable divorce, drifted apart and lead separate lives. The kids visit dad on holidays (or vacations), but dad is just a bit of background lore and not some hated, dead beat, douche that everyone wants to see dead.
- Dad was just as much of a degenerate pervert as the MC is and has no problems whatsoever with his son chasing after his sisters/aunts/cousins, but just makes it clear that Mom is off limits. Because, you know, he did the exact same things himself.
- MC has a stable life, with a steady job and his own place and sis/cousin/aunt/neice wants to move in with him to get out from under Mom and Dad's thumb or he has the capacity to support them through some hardship. Shenanigans ensue?
- Dad and Mom had a hard falling out (because Mom was the douchebag) and 'the good son' becomes his wing man to score/hookup with some mom/daughter pairing or sisters/daughters/aunts/cousins that step up to take Bad Mom's place? I know the NTR complaints would kill that idea, but if it were possible to make an incest game, without it being a harem game (dating sim maybe?), maybe the complaints wouldn't be so loud.
- How about leaving mommy and daddy out of the sex, having them around as side/background characters, and it is just the MC/siblings/cousins/aunts/nieces sneaking around and humping like bunnies? I am pretty sure that incest doesn't HAVE to include mommy.
- A single mom scenario? Dad was the town stud and sired quite a few kids with various women around town and, while not a Bad Dad, he just felt it was better for him to move to greener pastures, while mom harbors no ill will towards her ex and just wasn't interested in getting married after that. The MC's 'harem' could include a couple half-sisters that he finds out about later in the game.
- Son goes out and pays for a prostitute and finds out that he just paid to have sex with his never wed mom/sister (well, don't have to worry about dad at least)? Sexy times ensues, where the son pulls them out of that work or corrupts them and becomes their Pimp.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
As long as everyone has this idea that incest is ONLY between a son and his mother and sister(s), you are correct, there probably won't be a lot of 'good' roles for a father in a game.
Thinking about it again, there's another important point that justify the father being a dick, at least for incest stories: The game needs to start somewhere.

If the MC live with his family, he started to want to bang his mother and sister when he was what ? 14yo, perhaps 15yo. Therefore why did he waited for his 18 birthday, and the start of the game, to effectively go after them ? And why every girl in the house seem surprised by his pervert behavior, while he have it since years ?
But if the father is a dick, divorced and decided to keep MC with him, if he kicked the MC out of the house, if the MC ran away from him, and so on... Then the game can start when the MC is 18+ and finally reunite with his mother and sisters.

Oh my

Dec 25, 2019
Thinking about it again, there's another important point that justify the father being a dick, at least for incest stories: The game needs to start somewhere.

If the MC live with his family, he started to want to bang his mother and sister when he was what ? 14yo, perhaps 15yo. Therefore why did he waited for his 18 birthday, and the start of the game, to effectively go after them ? And why every girl in the house seem surprised by his pervert behavior, while he have it since years ?
But if the father is a dick, divorced and decided to keep MC with him, if he kicked the MC out of the house, if the MC ran away from him, and so on... Then the game can start when the MC is 18+ and finally reunite with his mother and sisters.
I rarely tolerate the reuniting MC.
A critical component is ~20 years of an already established relationship and memories going further.
It's an escalation of normalcy.
Going back cheapens it to some degree and is rarely done right.

It's even almost like abandonment.

chujkus

Mar 23, 2019
In a non-incest story how would a good dad react to his son bringing woman after woman, girl after girl home and having sex with them all over the place? How could the son do this and NOT be seen by his sisters or mother or the dad himself? What would a good dad say about him having sex in front of his sisters? If the son doesn't have sex at home then the only real point to "home" is a place to sleep and pass time? why not just sleep at the girl or woman's house you had sex with and leave the "home" out all together? Then do you really even need to see the rest of the family? At this point what role would a good dad have in the story?
Well, not every dad is the same, but if I bring girl after girl home every week, mine would be proud.

Having a good father in an incest game and making it work would certainly be a big plus on behalf of originality and writing of the game. However, I understand that it is a hard task for most writers of games here but it is not impossible. For example:

-Divorce happened because of your mother misdoings. Dad managed to take full custody of the MC. Dad has moved on and lives happy life with new family (including the MC). One day, adult MC decides to visit the rest of his family/finds job in his home town. MC's mom in the meantime had a change of heart and regrets what she has done and wants your forgiveness. In this backstory there's no problem with having a dad and getting on with it with mom. Additionally if the mom regrets her pas actions it could lead to different paths: MC forgives her (wholesome route), MC forgives her but he is still wary of her (dominant route).

And to be honest I don't mind the bad dads in games that much. What I tried to do with this thread is to check if anyone else has noticed it, speak about it and most importantly inspire future devs to try to create more original stories.

Reactions: morphnet

IllRepute

Jan 16, 2021
MC: Thank you dad for always being there for me, being kind and loving, teaching me to be a man. Your the best father ever!

Dad: Thanks, I love you to son.

MC: Now I'm going to go fuck Mom... sucker!

• Haha
Reactions: Zero1994

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Good question but.... what do you think? if it's an overused trope how would you replace it in an incest game AND non-incest game?

You are right about all the asshole dads, but also think about how a good dad would react in an incest story to his son having sex with his daughters all over the house and having sex with his wife? If we go further, would a good dad not want to spend time with his family? that would cut into the time and opportunities the son would have with his sisters and mom.
The mom and sisters have a role in the story as LI but what would a good dads role in the story be? you can't use him as someone to give advice, he'd be in the way for the sex scenes. What would his role be in a story where the mc is inlove with his mom and sisters or trying to corrupt them? What interactions could the mc and a good dad have to move the story forward? After all that there would still be the people complaining that the game is NTR...

It is a good question but in my opinion I don't think there are any other real options without making any story really DARK.
Having a good dad that is alive and at home would put the MC in the position of screwing over his good dad who is supposed to love and either stealing his family or setting a very bad example and that is a pretty dark twist to any story :(
Well if the MC is the asshole corruptor, a good guy dad being cucked is easy to write.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Lazy writing, it is easier to justify acting like a cunt when you have an antagonistic figure.

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
Well, not every dad is the same, but if I bring girl after girl home every week, mine would be proud.

Having a good father in an incest game and making it work would certainly be a big plus on behalf of originality and writing of the game. However, I understand that it is a hard task for most writers of games here but it is not impossible. For example:

-Divorce happened because of your mother misdoings. Dad managed to take full custody of the MC. Dad has moved on and lives happy life with new family (including the MC). One day, adult MC decides to visit the rest of his family/finds job in his home town. MC's mom in the meantime had a change of heart and regrets what she has done and wants your forgiveness. In this backstory there's no problem with having a dad and getting on with it with mom. Additionally if the mom regrets her pas actions it could lead to different paths: MC forgives her (wholesome route), MC forgives her but he is still wary of her (dominant route).

And to be honest I don't mind the bad dads in games that much. What I tried to do with this thread is to check if anyone else has noticed it, speak about it and most importantly inspire future devs to try to create more original stories.
To start I agree 100% with you about the asshole / dead dad trope, the idea of yours for a divorce is a good one.....

A story could also kind of copy grandma's house story for incest with some changes...
You move to your mom and dads old town to go to a new school, both your grandmas and your aunt live in the town. Your dad is a good dad and brings the family to visit some weekends and phones alot. During the visits and phone calls he tells you alot of stories about growing up there (helping to unlock new areas on the map) and when you talk to your grandma's and aunt about the stories it leads to going on trips to relive those memories which creates naughty situations and events at the areas can lead to chain events....eg (camping - hike to lake - swimming - skinny dipping - raining all clothes wet - sleep naked in tent - gets cold - cuddle naked to keep warm...etc)

For none incest your good dad is alive, you move out of the house into an apartment building but stay in the same city / town. Your family comes to visit and the women in the apartment building building see how nicely you treat your family, they also hear lots of nice stories about you from your family and this opens routes to different women. The dad can even be used to open hard to unlock routes eg (one women doesn't trust MC yet - see MC and family at the pool - chats to dad - dad offers to fix something in her apartment - dad cancels and sends MC instead....)

The ideas above and your divorce idea could only really be used for a couple of games maybe before they get old but maybe these and other ideas in this thread could help. It's really hard to keep a rival (incest) or reason for blueballing (non incest) around for many of the situations added to games... I think that is also a reason why so few games have a best friend for the mc. In alot of older harem games the MC makes a "best friend" as a game tool so he coukd get advice (hints) on all the girls and how to make them happy. In incest and non-incest games a "best friend" would just be seen as a rival or a blueballing option :(

I really do hope that your thread does "inspire future devs to try to create more original stories", it could really breathe new life into ALOT of games.

Well if the MC is the asshole corruptor, a good guy dad being cucked is easy to write.
That could work....NTRMAN seems to be headed in that direction, so maybe there will be games like that sooner rather than later.

Reactions: 92cbf4dd