Why is qiwi fucking everywhere now?

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Can't say as I'm fond of a site that forces you to download and install and unrelated program in order to download the game. Why the hell did it get so popular?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Can't say as I'm fond of a site that forces you to download and install and unrelated program in order to download the game. Why the hell did it get so popular?
What the hell are you talking about ?
Qiwi is an online payment processor ; to simplify, it's the Russian PayPal... And I never ever seen a single game that forced me, nor even asked me, to install it.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
What the hell are you talking about ?
Qiwi is an online payment processor ; to simplify, it's the Russian PayPal... And I never ever seen a single game that forced me, nor even asked me, to install it.
Not how it's in any of the game threads here. It says to click here to unlock and when I do so it sends me to a new page where I have to download and install a program in order to unlock the original download. It's being posted as a simple download link. So what the fuck are you talking about?

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
Not how it's in any of the game threads here. It says to click here to unlock and when I do so it sends me to a new page where I have to download and install a program in order to unlock the original download. It's being posted as a simple download link. So what the fuck are you talking about?
show a link where this happens because no one knows what you are talking about

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
Um, it does? Just downloaded a 2gb game from it just to try the service. Did not encounter any problems.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
show a link where this happens because no one knows what you are talking about
stupidkiwi.jpg

This is what it looks like. The link there sends me another page which doesn't unlock shit even after I download the program. It tells me I need to install it

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
The link there sends me another page which doesn't unlock shit even after I download the program.
If you talk about the links in the opening post for game threads, I have a bad news for you:

There's not a single one that react that way. What mean that you caught a malware and should starts to use a anti-virus, and clean your computer.

If you talk about other links, like links for mods, compressed version or android ports, report the post where you find the link, because I'm 99,99% sure that it's against the rules.

Edit: Finally seen a qiwi link. While I don't encounter the same issue than OP, it's also not the malware issue I talked about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vanderer

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
That is not what a F95zone link looks like.

This is what the first post of "Turning the Page" looks like on F95zone:
View attachment 3210190
See that Download area near the bottom? That's what the links look like.
No shit. That is what I get after I click on the qiwi link on that page. And the url of the screenshot I posted there is banned_host

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
No shit. That is what I get after I click on the qiwi link on that page. And the url of the screenshot I posted there is banned_host
My apologies. I see what you are talking about.
1703725677947.png
I will now go report this over in the appropriate thread: Approved File Hosts [Updated 2022-08-08]

As for you, choose a different link (not qiwi) to download from. Problem solved.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
i have downloaded it twice now without any issues, even when i turned off ublock origin. do you use any ad blocker?
The short answer is no, not in this instance.

I have clicked that link twice now, and once I got that "complete an offer" and once straight to download.

Qiwi was just authorized as a file host this three days ago. That "complete an offer" if even random might not have been experienced before it was authorized since that is one of the possible reasons for a file host to be denied. I have reported it in the appropriate thread to see if they were aware.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
The short answer is no, not in this instance.

I have clicked that link twice now, and once I got that "complete an offer" and once straight to download.

Qiwi was just authorized as a file host this three days ago. That "complete an offer" if even random might not have been experienced before it was authorized since that is one of the possible reasons for a file host to be denied. I have reported it in the appropriate thread to see if they were aware.
actually, if i turn off ublock origin and then refresh the page, the ad shit starts. so use an ad blocker. that goes for other approved download hosts well, not only qiwi. these sites gotta earn money somehow and if people don't use ad blockers that's their problem

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
actually, if i turn off ublock origin and then refresh the page, the ad shit starts. so use an ad blocker. that goes for other approved download hosts well, not only qiwi. these sites gotta earn money somehow and if people don't use ad blockers that's their problem
I understand what you are saying and agree to an extent - but this is a different conversation. It's one thing to avoid ads - with/without an adblocker - such as with MixDrop and WorkUpload (shown without adblocker):
1703727144250.png 1703727358456.png

and it's completely different to have an occasional link to download something else in order to have access to a file - even if using an adblocker could possibly solve the problem.

Like I told OP - their best option is not to use any qiwi links, period, particularly when there are 4 other site choices to download from. At the same time, I have reported it in the appropriate thread for possible review/clarification.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
I understand what you are saying and agree to an extent - but this is a different conversation. It's one thing to avoid ads - with/without an adblocker - such as with MixDrop and WorkUpload (shown without adblocker):
View attachment 3210218 View attachment 3210230

and it's completely different to have an occasional link to download something else in order to have access to a file - even if using an adblocker could possibly solve the problem.

Like I told OP - their best option is not to use any qiwi links, period, particularly when there are 4 other site choices to download from. At the same time, I have reported it in the appropriate thread for possible review/clarification.
sure it doesn't hurt to report it in case they missed it. just saying that's not unique. for instance anonfiles had you download shit if you didn't use any ad blockers
https://f95zone.to/threads/remove-anonfile-support.105502/post-7361107

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
My apologies. I see what you are talking about.
View attachment 3210193
I will now go report this over in the appropriate thread: Approved File Hosts [Updated 2022-08-08]

As for you, choose a different link (not qiwi) to download from. Problem solved.
Sure but here's the problem. I pay for a very good download speed. But most of the download sites are throttled, and the ones that aren't usually have caps. 5 gb for mega and pixeldrain for example. Which is why I use gofile links whenever it appears. No cap, always getting 30+ mb/s except on the rare when the server is maxed out. But now everyone seems to be replacing gofile with qiwi and that's a fuckig problem because now I'm looking at a limited amount at the speed I'm paying for or massively throttled speeds.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
sure it doesn't hurt to report it in case they missed it. just saying that's not unique. for instance anonfiles had you download shit if you didn't use any ad blockers
https://f95zone.to/threads/remove-anonfile-support.105502/post-7361107
Yup, anonfiles came to my mind, too. I don't know if anonfiles would pass muster if it were up for consider at this point, either. Back in the beginning of F95 - there weren't as many known options for file uploaders as there are now. With greater variety and offerings - they have become a little bit more selective.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Sure but here's the problem. I pay for a very good download speed. But most of the download sites are throttled, and the ones that aren't usually have caps. 5 gb for mega and pixeldrain for example. Which is why I use gofile links whenever it appears. No cap, always getting 30+ mb/s except on the rare when the server is maxed out. But now everyone seems to be replacing gofile with qiwi and that's a fuckig problem because now I'm looking at a limited amount at the speed I'm paying for or massively throttled speeds.
My go to file host is WorkUpload. I use it, myself.

You haven't said if you use an adblocker or not. From what it sounds like an adblocker may solve your problem. If you are so gungho about what you want and that qiwi fits your purpose - you know the answer to your problem --- get an adblocker.

EDIT: Unless a single game is > 5GB - the restriction you mention shouldn't be a problem. Maybe being more selective on what/how much you download each day could be another alternative.