• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Why is qiwi fucking everywhere now?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Hooooly shit. In fewer than 4 days!
That's an average of 1.5 GB/hour, for those who wonder why uploading speed matters. And of course there's all the works aside this ; downloading the game first, checking for viruses, both being done more than once since it apply to all the version (PC, Mac, etc.) available for the game, and sleeping once in a week or so.

Some pretend that uploaders also have a life and a job, but so far it looks more like an urban legend.

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
That's an average of 1.5 GB/hour, for those who wonder why uploading speed matters. And of course there's all the works aside this ; downloading the game first, checking for viruses, both being done more than once since it apply to all the version (PC, Mac, etc.) available for the game, and sleeping once in a week or so.

Some pretend that uploaders also have a life and a job, but so far it looks more like an urban legend.
1.5GB/hour would be like 0.4MB/s. Hardly the case since qiwi is said to be fast. I'm assuming it to be at least 10MB/s. Then he could upload 150GB in a few hours. Not to downplay the work the uploaders do or anything.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
1.5GB/hour would be like 0.4MB/s. Hardly the case since qiwi is said to be fast. I'm assuming it to be at least 10MB/s. Then he could upload 150GB in a few hours. Not to downplay the work the uploaders do or anything.
I only did one test but in that I uploaded with around 40 MB/s of my possible 125 MB/s.

Reactions: peterppp

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I think you missed the point AON was making --- the amount of time and effort a dedicated uploader like Bob69 volunteers simply so people can rub one out for free (daily? twice per day? sadly, there are those who even do more than that on a regular basis... and think they are entitled to even more more often).

AON was just reflecting upon how many GBs Bob69 is uploading to just one site in those 4 days in a way which may be more easily perceived by others. Remember that uploaders are uploading to 3 or 4 (or more) different hosts for every platform version each game presents. So, that's at least 450-600 GB that Bob69 was uploading in those 4 days (not that it took 96 hours to do those uploads - but that Bob69 is easily uploading a Terabyte of lewd games ever other day ---- or quicker).

As well as:
downloading the game first, checking for viruses, both being done more than once since it apply to all the version (PC, Mac, etc.) available for the game, and sleeping once in a week or so.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
1.5GB/hour would be like 0.4MB/s. Hardly the case since qiwi is said to be fast.
It's an average over a 4 days period.

4 days during which he also had to eat, sleep, works and live.
And unlike a lambda user, he can't do the upload while he's sleeping or out of the house. Obviously he don't have the obligation to stay put while uploading, but he can't either take all the time he want once the download is finished. There's 6,6 millions persons who are potentially waiting for him to update the download links in the thread.
Starting the upload before going to sleep is not an option. You do the upload, update the links, then only you can go to sleep.

Reactions: Bob69

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
I think you missed the point AON was making --- the amount of time and effort a dedicated uploader like Bob69 volunteers simply so people can rub one out for free (daily? twice per day? sadly, there are those who even do more than that on a regular basis... and think they are entitled to even more more often).

AON was just reflecting upon how many GBs Bob69 is uploading to just one site in those 4 days in a way which may be more easily perceived by others. Remember that uploaders are uploading to 3 or 4 (or more) different hosts for every platform version each game presents. So, that's at least 450-600 GB that Bob69 was uploading in those 4 days (not that it took 96 hours to do those uploads - but that Bob69 is easily uploading a Terabyte of lewd games ever other day ---- or quicker).

As well as:
i didn't miss it. I just don't think it's more easily perceived by others to say 1.5GB per hour because that just sounds low these days.

and i really see no reason to add the last part since i said not to downplay the work uploaders do. i was only commenting on that specific thing.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Qiwi was reapproved, the scam ads are supposed to be gone now. Let me know, or make a post in Approved File host if they are still there.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
that only lasted a couple of hours. perma banned
Yup we were talking about it lol. That dev can go away, even if he would remove the ad I'd just not use it anymore.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
that only lasted a couple of hours. perma banned
Yup we were talking about it lol. That dev can go away, even if he would remove the ad I'd just not use it anymore.
And this is part of the reasons why I feel in (relative) peace following the links here. F95, Sam and the staff (in the large meaning of the word) aren't messing around, nor compromising "because". Despite what some can think and say, they care about the members we are and are doing a great job at this.

And it's past 12AM UTC, so no one can say that I haven't been nice in 2024.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Hagatagar and Bob69