why the lack of custom 3D models? Rant and solution

Is there a lack of art styles?

• Total voters

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Character Creator 3 is character creation software designed to create, import and customize stylized or realistic looking character assets. One can start from a number of base character models and very radically alter their face, body shape and looks.
The ability to Customize, which you can do in Daz also somewhat, is not the same thing as having thousands of premade character designs that are floating around and you can easily use.
No matter how easy to create a character from scratch it still takes some thought and effort, especially if the process is more difficult.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I mostly make my own locations, but even though I could make better 'pretty girl' figures it's just not worth the effort. morphs are enough, even if it's sometimes a pain. unless of course there's something special you want like some type of monster stuff. oh, one thing I miss are better trees. the ones we have kinda look too realistic, meaning unremarkable and boring. when for a VN you usually need epic ones, the sort of amazing old fairy tale giants people would campaign to save for.

the daz genesis models are sort of ok, but the far bigger problem as I see is the lack of non-whorish clothes and especially good male clothes. I can't improve on that because the problem is not modeling but fashion design.

middleaged models are almost impossible to make from the base models, so that could be a thing a thing with the huge milf market.

and of course the genesis models have some problem areas like the crotch and genitals. they're simply not meant to look good with their legs spread wide, the inner musculature looks all wrong. the g8 is a little better with that than g3, but g8 has no tasty gens.

some of the proportions like head & hand sizes are wrong too but the morphs cover for some of that.

the gens are mostly just awful and the only ones I can live with are the new gens for g3. because it has nice versatile inner labia. the g8 new gens look atrocious with its ridiculous inner labia. it looks like the plastic hole of a dust buster. no gens can produce a nice juicy outer labia, which is sort of surprising when that's so prevalent in hentai. this whole area could definitely use a lot of improvement.

the male gens are all cartoonish or look like they have an std. works if you go for a clean cartoon look, but not if you want it to really look good.

but the thing is most people won't even see the difference, they think the impersonal 22yo daz pretty girls look interesting. and if you made the effort yourself no one would notice. in that sense the daz models are 'good enough', hard to justify using the hours to get something barely noticeable.

and if they do notice they'll probably think its ugly. I mean have you seen the reactions to light of my life's models? people just don't get it.

only now looked at the photos in OP. they're not very realistic which lands them more in the stylized/cartoonish area, which isn't really what people usually look for from daz. but I do like them, they hit exactly on what daz is awful for, making older models. I think that kind of style could easily work well.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuniX