Wicked Rouge - VN & Brothel management game discussion [WIP]

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Hey! I've been a member of F95 for some quite time now, even made a game but had to stop development for quite some time. Not getting too much into details, I'm working on the new project right now and thought I'll ask you what do you think of it?

Here's some information.

Wicked Rouge is a story-driven brothel management game set in fictional Edo Japan.
After many years of your carefree life traveling around the country, you return home only to find out that someone has murdered your father and sent assassins after you. Barely avoiding certain death, you're forced to take over the family business in one of the most recognized pleasure districts in Hana city. However, you realize that your father business was struggling and counting its last days before closing the doors, but with the intervention of the local boss-like figure, you're given a second chance to keep the building. With barely enough money to survive the coming months and a few courtesans in training, you've decided to return "The Red Petal" pleasure house to its former glory.
  • 3DCG interactive world - Manage your business and interact with your surroundings and other characters.
  • In-depth management simulator - Train your girls, upgrade your brothel, hire staff, keep track of your and courtesans health & energy level.
  • Progress through the story - Follow the lives of four beautiful courtesans and enjoy the story as it unfolds.
  • Side activities - Unlock new events by upgrading your building or interacting with various characters all over the world.
  • Animated busts & scenes - All the scenes are semi-animated to imbue life into the characters instead of showing only static images.
  • Fully uncensored & animated sex scenes - Lots of beautifully animated sex scenes.
  • The game crafted with passion&love!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'll be releasing my game next month. If you have any questions or thoughts, just ask or comment :)

P.S By clicking on my signature, you'll access to my patreon. There's a link to my discord etc.

Last edited:

Sir Phoenix

Jun 13, 2018
Your work with Hentai Punch was phenomenal, so I have no doubts I would enjoy this game as well. But, as an easier way to move on from the masterpiece that is Hentai Punch, would you consider taking the girls we've interacted with from HP and bring them to Wicked Rouge? Such as the hottie we were training? I would not ask for a main role, but even as like an extra would be nice.

Reactions: Lampblasted

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
The game will revolve around mostly four girls. Though I'm planning to add a few minor characters. Doctor and a shrine maiden. I already designed a doctor, but I could use "redhair" as a base for shrine maiden since her body type is exactly how I've imagined the maiden will look like. But can't promise she will look 100% the same :)

Jun 8, 2017
Good luck on your game and will you be adding the pimping scene assuming it is a brothel management at its core, or is it just MC's own scenes?

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
Brothel management is definitely a genre that's lacking good games to represent it. I'm a huge fan of the genre but I lean more towards the customization possibility by adding many different characters into the game rather than focusing on few characters and having it be story driven. However, this looks great and you did an amazing job utilizing whatever engine is running this. Not my niche but doesn't hurt to try somethign that looks like it had effort put into it.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Good luck on your game and will you be adding the pimping scene assuming it is a brothel management at its core, or is it just MC's own scenes?
Pimping is one of the features. When girls work as courtesans, the end day event generates a random picture to display and a reward depending if there was a client at all. Everything is calculated taking into account their skills, upgrades, brothel populiarity, special events (for example if the city celebrating something, you get a profit bonus for everything) and their health. Also, there'll be special events for the prostitution story-wise.

Brothel management is definitely a genre that's lacking good games to represent it. I'm a huge fan of the genre but I lean more towards the customization possibility by adding many different characters into the game rather than focusing on few characters and having it be story driven. However, this looks great and you did an amazing job utilizing whatever engine is running this. Not my niche but doesn't hurt to try somethign that looks like it had effort put into it.
It's RPGM mv and it works great. I took a different approach by focusing on certain girls because I found other management games after a while too dull with all the repeatable stuff. This way I can focus on making my game more in-depth with gameplay mechanics and the story.

First off the girls look gorgeous ;) and the rest of the graphics as well.
But I noticed how you want it to be a managment game, and with managment games comes a lot of navigating around menus.
If the menus are to convoluted or are very layered, it may become a chore to navigate them. Which could ruin a game.
One of the biggest reasons for this is as a developer you know your way around, but your players who have never seen it before may not.
So my tip would be to really look at your game with some fresh eyes and see if you would change anything.

The game looks great btw, can't wait to play it!
I've developed my game with that in mind. The overview should be self-explanatory as well as other functions. For more in-depth functions I've added an npc who'll track your establishment progress and will offer tips on how should you proceed with upgrades and such. Depending on players feedback, I'll be making UI etc. more user-friendly and understandable if that'll be necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: boober69

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
play_now_66_sharp.png
The first public release is out!
Lots of content. 24 sex training animations, 7 story-driven sex scenes. content to last 3-4+ hours. Let me know what you think.
Link to the f95 thread, but it's probably going to be moved.
Link to F95 thread

You can also download it from my .​

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
I wanted to ask... can the prostitutes fall in love with clients/staff/you or perhaps even with each other?, it would be really nice to have those type of conflicts.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
I wanted to ask... can the prostitutes fall in love with clients/staff/you or perhaps even with each other?, it would be nice to have those type of conflicts.
I have plans of exploring intricacies of what happens when a courtesan falls in love with someone. There'll be several routes leading to endgame (not necessarily a bad ending) and one true (not necessary a happiest one), which leads to mc\you becoming a true Hana's city whoremonger. The plot will always move forward, to that goal, but the conflict of interest will happen and it'll be in your best interest to keep girls for youself.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
I have plans of exploring intricacies of what happens when a courtesan falls in love with someone. There'll be several routes leading to endgame (not necessarily a bad ending) and one true (not necessary a happiest one), which leads to mc\you becoming a true Hana's city whoremonger. The plot will always move forward, to that goal, but the conflict of interest will happen and it'll be in your best interest to keep girls for youself.
That seems interesting, of course as the owner of a whorehouse it isn't in your best interest that prostitutes fall in love with random people, personally I like conflicts.

For example when a whore tries to get control over you or the whorehouse, when she falls in love with a person or wants to stop being a whore, when she is being paid by rivals to sabotage or create problems...

All of that seems really fun in my opinnion, and well getting them quite fetishistic is fun too.

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
That seems interesting, of course as the owner of a whorehouse it isn't in your best interest that prostitutes fall in love with random people, personally I like conflicts.

For example when a whore tries to get control over you or the whorehouse, when she falls in love with a person or wants to stop being a whore, when she is being paid by rivals to sabotage or create problems...

All of that seems really fun in my opinnion, and well getting them quite fetishistic is fun too.
We'll see how it goes. I'd like to avoid game spreading out into lots of different routes. Working on one main story-line with minimal other deviations is easier and lets me the focus on pushing out more content and focusing on the main story I like to create. It's too early to speak as I want to create a long game with various news characters getting introducing etc. making it really long-ass game, but probably when I feel it's time to make an ending of some sort, the game will branch out into lots of alternative endings with one true ending (not best/not good ending) which is whoremonger+open play/sandbox mode. I have lots of things already planned out, what if/how/etc, so whatever will happen, the story shouldn't lose consistency.

Reactions: Merseault

jacek.k7

May 19, 2020
Hello, I recently found a game wicked rouge, I have a problem described here but there is no answer. the save function does not work after clicking on the menu in the save field, the progress is not saved, will anyone help ??

fidless

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 22, 2018
Hello, I recently found a game wicked rouge, I have a problem described here but there is no answer. the save function does not work after clicking on the menu in the save field, the progress is not saved, will anyone help ??
Check the game thread under "Technical issues".

BigPoppaLoppa

Jun 29, 2020
Hi godless, I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your creative nature through Wicked Rouge. I have keeping an eye on the games dev. and downloading it from time to time with each update. I'm actually playing it right this minute. I play it on my Samsung tablet via Android platform & I wanted to tell you in case you haven't heard of this technical issue, that my only grievance (if you will, lol) would be that the game crashes on me fairly often. So much so that I am constantly using quick save. If this issue could be resolved, please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks again and keep up the good work!