Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
Exception
Occurs when using Sam as arrangement for Tracy

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 203, in script call
    call day_loop from _call_day_loop
  File "game/script.rpy", line 214, in script call
    call core_loop from _call_core_loop
  File "game/script.rpy", line 291, in script call
    call expression label from _call_expression
  File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/tracy/tracy.rpy", line 450, in script
    if samantha.has_tag('club_maid'):
  File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/tracy/tracy.rpy", line 454, in <module>
    elif samantha.conversation <= 3:
  File "game/00-wt-classes.rpy", line 879, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError(name)
AttributeError: conversation

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/tracy/tracy.rpy", line 450, in script
  File "H:\Games\NEU\WifeTrainerFiles-exElsa0.7d-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1807, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "H:\Games\NEU\WifeTrainerFiles-exElsa0.7d-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1961, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "H:\Games\NEU\WifeTrainerFiles-exElsa0.7d-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1954, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/tracy/tracy.rpy", line 454, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
The Wife Trainer Files exElsa0.7d
Sat Jul 20 14:33:59 2019
[/CODE]

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
Exception
Occurs when using Sam as arrangement for Tracy

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "H:\Games\NEU\WifeTrainerFiles-exElsa0.7d-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1807, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "H:\Games\NEU\WifeTrainerFiles-exElsa0.7d-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1961, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "H:\Games\NEU\WifeTrainerFiles-exElsa0.7d-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1954, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
The Wife Trainer Files exElsa0.7d
Sat Jul 20 14:33:59 2019
[/CODE]
@Klausus
I think I managed to fix the issue that you were having with Tracy. I will attach the tracy rpy file below. Just put it in the tracy folder located here: game\modules\00core\minor_characters\tracy
See if that fixes your error. It should. If not, then I will take another look.

Edit: I have removed the file that I previously attached as it might be causing errors. If you have downloaded this file then please look a few posts down to find the orgingal tracy rpy file. Hopefully, I will be able to find the root cause of the errors.

Re-Edit: I have reattached the edited tracy.rpy file as the error was being caused by accidentally using an old game version.

Last edited:

DigitalBonsai

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2019
Hey, guys.
I coded the engine that runs the current version of the game. The porting was done by like 15 different volunteers so quality of that code varies dramatically.
Since its currently just WT and me working on it, trying to bug check all that code was gonna take _forever_. So we released a public test version over at hypnopics-collective, and it made its way here after that (which we didn't intent due the humongous amount of bugs :D).

If you want to reach me, the easiest way is over at our Discord. I'm usually around.

VikingJohn
I messaged you back at hypnopics-collective. If you have any questions about the engine or the code, Discord is the quickest way to ask me.

TiedupQ

Dec 25, 2017
I cant find Elsa anywhere in the game after accepting her? Anyone knows where I can find her, im following the dominant route atm

Reactions: joe316

Deadeye666

Sep 26, 2017
I cant find Elsa anywhere in the game after accepting her? Anyone knows where I can find her, im following the dominant route atm
There were a bunch of issues with porting her content over from the RAGS version so Elsa isn´t actually in the game right now.

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
@Klausus
If you find any more errors. I will try to fix them. It will also allow me to put in a merge request if I can fix it and let Bonsai know if I can't.

mattius77

May 16, 2017
@Klausus
I think I managed to fix the issue that you were having with Tracy. I will attach the tracy rpy file below. Just put it in the tracy folder located here: game\modules\00core\minor_characters\tracy
See if that fixes your error. It should. If not, then I will take another look.
This rpy file causes a conflict with the julia and alexis.rpy files.
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label _call_focus_image_32 is defined twice, at
File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/julia/julia.rpy", line 1326 and
File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/tracy/tracy.rpy", line 128.

The label _call_forced_movement_138 is defined twice, at
File "game/modules/00core/clients/alexis/alexis.rpy", line 1511 and
File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/tracy/tracy.rpy", line 477.

The label _call_forced_movement_139 is defined twice, at
File "game/modules/00core/clients/alexis/alexis.rpy", line 2955 and
File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/tracy/tracy.rpy", line 791.

The label _call_forced_movement_140 is defined twice, at
File "game/modules/00core/clients/alexis/alexis.rpy", line 3377 and
File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/tracy/tracy.rpy", line 1625.

The label _call_focus_image_33 is defined twice, at
File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/julia/julia.rpy", line 1441 and
File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/tracy/tracy.rpy", line 2168.

The label _call_forced_movement_141 is defined twice, at
File "game/modules/00core/clients/alexis/alexis.rpy", line 3433 and
File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/tracy/tracy.rpy", line 2252.

The label _call_forced_movement_142 is defined twice, at
File "game/modules/00core/clients/alexis/alexis.rpy", line 3874 and
File "game/modules/00core/minor_characters/tracy/tracy.rpy", line 2513.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
I don't think I've ever encountered the Tracy character in the previous RAGS game, so I don't know if she's a new add for the Ren'py build or what.

joe316

Dec 3, 2016
Should be a fun game a year from now when all the bugs are sorted out. Right now it seems to be a game ending mess.

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
Should be a fun game a year from now when all the bugs are sorted out. Right now it seems to be a game ending mess.
Yeah, there's a good reason it's a "Public Playtest". FYI, they rewrote the game in a new engine which for a game this complicated is a massive undertaking. If you want to get a feel for how the game is actually supposed to play give the RAGS version a try, orrrrr just wait, whatever floats your boat.

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
This rpy file causes a conflict with the julia and alexis.rpy files.

I don't think I've ever encountered the Tracy character in the previous RAGS game, so I don't know if she's a new add for the Ren'py build or what.
@Klausus ; mattius77

For some reason, the proposed Tracy fix might be causing conflicts between characters, and I am not sure why. I will upload the original rpy file so you can revert back. Unfortunately, this means that the previous error will still occur. If however, you still have the errors between julia and alexis on the original file, then let me know. I will try to see if I can fix the error. If I can't, I might have to try and contact DigitalBonsai.

Edit: I have also removed the edited file from my previous post to avoid more downloads. If you were one of the few to download the "fix", then please use this file to revert to the original file.

Re-Edit: Also @ mattius77, could you please tell me what you were doing when you encountered the error? I didn't have any problem using the edited file. So, knowing when and how it occurred will help. Also, just to make sure, have you updated to the latest game version?

RE-Re_Edit: I have reattached the edited tracy.rpy file as the error was being caused by accidentally using an old game version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Klausus

VikingCrawler

Donor
May 18, 2018
Yeah, there's a good reason it's a "Public Playtest". FYI, they rewrote the game in a new engine which for a game this complicated is a massive undertaking. If you want to get a feel for how the game is actually supposed to play give the RAGS version a try, orrrrr just wait, whatever floats your boat.
Yes, this renpy version does have quite a few bugs. They released the playtest version in a different forum. However, it managed to spread to here.

4.40 star(s) 66 Votes