windows 10 Rpg maker 2000 rtp

whatzooka

Jan 25, 2019
so I need the 2000 rtp for some games but the site i download it from when i run the file it stops part way and even when i extract it and run it with jap locale the text is still wonky? what do i do.

side question for the wolf rpg do i download the Japanese one or the English translated one

whatzooka

Jan 25, 2019
is there a way i could make my browser run in app locale? then perhaps i can download the rpg maker 2000 rtp

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Where do you download the RTP from? The official link is .
What is your Operative System? If it is Windows 10, it may have issues. Take a look at , it is for Yume Nikki which is a RPGM 2000 game.

As for wolf games, I never played them. I cannot help you, sorry.

Eta: the file size of the RTP is 11.7 MB (12,249,974 bytes).

Reactions: bas

whatzooka

Jan 25, 2019
i remember on my old pc i had it and it worked i just dont know what i am doing different

Julio

Modder
Uploader
F95Zone Dev
Aug 26, 2017
Seems like windows is having trouble with the characters, are you sure your locale settings are properly setup?

Reactions: bas

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
You're not alone, googling your error I have found :
I'm having an error message who look like this. ファイル X は開けません
The game can't find or doesn't have the right to open said file. Make sure the file is there and that the game is not located somewhere where he doesn't have the rights to do so.
Try changing the compatibility mode or the file permissions.
Another player has solved the issue by unzipping the archive on a pc with Win XP and the moving back the files on Win 10.
A different solution? You could set up an XP virtual machine and play your games on it (btw, this is also much safer than playing pirated stuff on your main OS).
VM softwares are free and there are many tutorials about setting them up: you can try VirtualBox or VMWare. if I am not mistaken, Microsoft too provides some virtualization tools.

whatzooka

Jan 25, 2019
You're not alone, googling your error I have found :

Try changing the compatibility mode or the file permissions.
Another player has solved the issue by unzipping the archive on a pc with Win XP and the moving back the files on Win 10.
A different solution? You could set up an XP virtual machine and play your games on it (btw, this is also much safer than playing pirated stuff on your main OS).
VM softwares are free and there are many tutorials about setting them up: you can try VirtualBox or VMWare. if I am not mistaken, Microsoft too provides some virtualization tools.
i tried that and it didnt work perhaps i should just re download the game and try it?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
i tried that and it didnt work perhaps i should just re download the game and try it?
If you still have the zip file, just delete the VH folder and unzip the game again. Re-downloading the zip is useless, I think: I mean, the file is not bugged, it's Win 10 the issue. Unfortunately I have a different OS, I cannot help you.
p.s.: maybe, if you changed your title into "Windows 10 and Rpg Maker 2000 rtp", you would catch the attention of more experienced players.