HTML - Abandoned - Winter Festival or Morana's Banquet [v1.1.0] [By MadAlice]

1. 1.00 star(s)

rhev

I've played some bad HTML games, but this is really something special.

Let me start by complimenting what I can. I give the author credit for two things; first there's some nice art work and it appears that there was some work done to photoshop images to fit the over all theme, which is nice. Secondly this isn't the same style game I've done before, it's a little different, and that difference is of course commendable.

However that about wraps up all the good I can say about this game. Now the game shouldn't be blamed for poor tagging or lack of description if it's the uploader's fault, but I highly suspect that this is not the case. The broken english and the apology at the beginning for english as not a native language makes me think that the creator didn't really know what they were doing.

Next the game is one that puts you in the role of a man that is fighting to save his masculinity and doomed to be transformed into a woman. Now some games and fetishes revolve around this, and it's fine. But this game doesn't. The moment you're transformed, it's game over. So it doesn't hit the fans of the TF genre who want to play out the transformation, or the life after a TF. Just 'boom' you're a woman, game over, restart? So now the game doesn't only satisfy those with a TF fetish, but it also annoys those who prefer games where they want to keep their gender.

Next there is exactly one choice in the whole game, choosing your character's name. Other than that you have some silly html flash style games, memory, speed, etc. But these are basically impossible. The memory test for example uses a well known memory trick that ensures that there is no way you will pass it without hitting the back button and cheating by doing it a second time. The agility game is hampered by the limitations of HTML and also whatever system it's played on. Essentially both are just terrible.

If the author reads this, I'd suggest continuing work on their photoshop skills and trying another game with more meat to it, actual choices, lack of gimicks, and giving the player a sense of agency. These are things people want when they play any story, even a VN.

I wish there was something redeemable about this game, but if there is, I couldn't find it.