Completed WinZip not working with download links

Code_V5

Oct 16, 2020
I'm starting to notice that WinZip (my extracting program) can't fully extract a lot of games and videos I am trying to download, and a lot of the files are saying they are either corrupted or partially incomplete. This has been happening especially with Ren'Py visual novels and videos, both of which I have had no problems downloading until now. I am downloading stuff to a USB, but that shouldnt be the reason why this is happening. Is WinZip no longer optimal for downloading stuff on the website, or what is it that I am doing wrong here?

Edit: Note to self: Always use Jdownloader for stuff here. Thanks a bunch to everyone who helped.

Last edited:

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
I've always used 7zip with no problems (still works well now). They are basically the same except that 7zip is open-source. Not sure why winzip would suddenly have issues but this is a good alternative.

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
I'd suggest using either 7zip or winrar, winzip has been kinda trash compared to these two for years.

If we assume the problem isn't with winzip:
what program are you using to download the files? Sometimes, if I download from something other than nopy or mega, if the download fails midway, it will be shown as complete in firefox, therefore making it useless. Try using jdownloader.

If we assume that both winzip and the archive are ok:
maybe the file paths are too long or the flash you're using may start to go bad.
First step imho should be to use another program to unzip though.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Why would you use a trash program like WinZip?

Get yourself 7zip or WinRar.....

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
Code_V5
Before you kick winzip to the curb thinking this will solve your problems Try another zip tool on the same download's. As I think that they did not download correctly in the first place.