VN Ren'Py Witch Hunter Trainer [2023-08-07] [Team Borsch]

2.70 star(s) 60 Votes

cupofteat

Nov 21, 2019
only 1 and that was what they couldn't make last year.
The developers didn't even refer to it as an update or release. It was just an 'ending', which in my opinion seemed rushed and panicked. Maybe we'll get a proper Christmas present this year and not a lump of coal. We will see.

Kemal Ataturk

Dec 23, 2019
It's literally just called Ciri Trainer.

I wouldn't call it great, but it's pretty good. I supported it for a while.
I found it and played the first two chapters (about 2 hours of gameplay). It's nowhere near Witcherhunter Trainer's level in neither story nor art. Average at best.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
I found it and played the first two chapters (about 2 hours of gameplay). It's nowhere near Witcherhunter Trainer's level in neither story nor art. Average at best.
"Average" is a bit unfair imo. Maybe story-wise, but it was also started and finished in less than half the time WHT has been in development, and while shorter than expected is still a complete game with a couple of endings and a number of characters with content even if it was brusque. If we've learned anything, it's that if games with decent looking hand drawn CGs by single artists aren't wrapped up quick, they tend to drag on... and on. Which is why I think Akabur for example recycled so much content in-game and dials up the grind.

Speaking of Akabur, to compare apples to apples, out of all three of the post-Akabur "witch" training games with phenomenal art (Witch Hunter, WHT, Innocent Witches), this one arguably has the least seemingly motivated dev team, which is amazing given the tribulations of IW :D

Reactions: Terrygun and Jarul

Hendrik07

Oct 30, 2018
Any word on an update, just wanna why there is a weird development cycle for such a good game.
Because this team is absolutely rubbish at developing a game. I don't think they've made any deadline they themselves set in the last two years and every release has basically been "We didn't finish everything we wanted to put in but here's something". It's a real shame because the art is good and the story is fine.

makmaru619

May 25, 2019
Because this team is absolutely rubbish at developing a game. I don't think they've made any deadline they themselves set in the last two years and every release has basically been "We didn't finish everything we wanted to put in but here's something". It's a real shame because the art is good and the story is fine.
I know right...

PATOXXW

Mar 1, 2018

It was a bit unexpected even for us, but...
Once there lived a little Mermaid. She felt herself very lonely in the river she used to live in. And the only thing she dreamed about was a pair of legs...true love, real friends and...a cute cottage somewhere in Hampton...
And what came out of it and what our characters have to do with it, you will find in our new update, which we are going to release on the 15th of December.
What else will follow?
Exciting adventures for Sam and Jack.
New interactive location which you can rich by train.
Unforgettable railway trip.
New art and animated scenes for Sam.
Jack loses her innocence (almost), if you let it to happen.

h9000br

Jan 7, 2018

It was a bit unexpected even for us, but...
Once there lived a little Mermaid. She felt herself very lonely in the river she used to live in. And the only thing she dreamed about was a pair of legs...true love, real friends and...a cute cottage somewhere in Hampton...
And what came out of it and what our characters have to do with it, you will find in our new update, which we are going to release on the 15th of December.
What else will follow?
Exciting adventures for Sam and Jack.
New interactive location which you can rich by train.
Unforgettable railway trip.
New art and animated scenes for Sam.
Jack loses her innocence (almost), if you let it to happen.
thanks for the news.
December 15, PQP
friends we will receive the update of this game for 2021

Fushan

Donor
Respected User
Aug 12, 2016
ooh ""Jack loses her innocence (almost), if you let it to happen.""

2.70 star(s) 60 Votes