VN Ren'Py Witch Hunter Trainer [2023-08-07] [Team Borsch]

2.70 star(s) 60 Votes
Dec 3, 2022
By that logic Sir Isaac Newton didn't "discover" gravity, he just was the first to bother to describe it (unlike calculus, where he arguably just had a better publicist!). Congrats, next time just reference that any random famous individual is "standing on the shoulders of giants."
I don't know if you just watched Brandon Sanderson's free worth of semester lessons and just learned of the monomyth, but there is much more to this than you believe, the 3 act was created in Ancient Greece, the hero's journey is a 3 act structure research from thousands of works, it's an analysis, not an innovation, the innovation happened more than 2300 years ago when the actual structures were created. The majority of the story structures go back to ancient Greece, or the bible, or Shakespeare or mythology, and from there thousands of stories originated. There are countless works out there for patterns created out of characters or dialogue or structure or conflict, you just happened to know a specific one, just for structure. Someone who has read The Wheel of Time and The Lord of the Rings multiple times, will write a story that will follow the "hero's journey" without knowing of it's existence. It's not something that must be studied first in order to be emulated. So no, observing the existing method and documenting it is definitely not creating the method. And if you want to talk about "discovering gravity" then in this case "Newton" is Aristotle. So i appreciate the irony but it lacks information to be successful. Also i won't reply to the next "try to act smart" type of post. If you are interested in pursuing writing of any kind, i hope this helps you see this with a broader mind which will help you understand things clearer and try to create something original instead of making another failed attempt of a Tolkien rip off. But if you just want to measure e-dicks, just don't reply at all.

Last edited:

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
I don't know if you just watched Brandon Sanderson's free worth of semester lessons and just learned of the monomyth, but there is much more to this than you believe, the 3 act was created in Ancient Greece, the hero's journey is a 3 act structure research from thousands of works, it's an analysis, not an innovation, the innovation happened more than 2300 years ago when the actual structures were created. The majority of the story structures go back to ancient Greece, or the bible, or Shakespeare or mythology, and from there thousands of stories originated. There are countless works out there for patterns created out of characters or dialogue or structure or conflict, you just happened to know a specific one, just for structure. Someone who has read The Wheel of Time and The Lord of the Rings multiple times, will write a story that will follow the "hero's journey" without knowing of it's existence. It's not something that must be studied first in order to be emulated. So no, observing the existing method and documenting it is definitely not creating the method. And if you want to talk about "discovering gravity" then in this case "Newton" is Aristotle. So i appreciate the irony but it lacks information to be successful. Also i won't reply to the next "try to act smart" type of post. If you are interested in pursuing writing of any kind, i hope this helps you see this with a broader mind which will help you understand things clearer and try to create something original instead of making another failed attempt of a Tolkien rip off. But if you just want to measure e-dicks, just don't reply at all.
No need to measure e-dicks, we both already know mine has both greater length and circumference. But thanks for bringing it up!

No, the reason I know is that I have a degree in theatre (plus others, don't worry!). The hero's journey, also sometimes referred to as a Bildungsroman (although that is technically a literary term, but it is used interchangeably) only really describes growing up. If it originated anywhere, it was ancient Babylon with Gilgamesh. Yes, the three act structure arguably originated from Ancient Greece, but that's arguably only true because of the dominance of Western culture in textbooks. It could have also been independently invented in Chinese theatre, but hard to tell. What can be said for sure is that at least in the West, the Greeks definitely have better publicists (like Newton!). But the three act structure literally describes ANY narrative, since all narrative by definition have a beginning, a middle/crisis, and an end, where hopefully the crisis gets resolved (plus technically a denouement, but that's never a full act and can be lazily condensed to "and they lived happily after.")

But you are correct that pretty much all narrative originates in mythology. What is the root word of hero, as in "the hero's journey?" Heros (or demi-god in ancient Greek) the WORD existed in the ancient Greek language in order to separate Achilles or Theseus (REAL PEOPLE) from the Theos (god), such as Zeus or Mars (literally not real, they are technically fictional). Plus pretty sexist (which is why I only used male gods), but that's a whole other issue. But when you have someone charismatic and larger than life, who maybe also founds a city-state, they must be half-god, no? Even if they aren't and have no interest in being deified (unlike most powerful Romans), somebody with ambition does it for them after their death anyways...

But you know who coined the term "monomyth?" James Joyce, if Wikipedia is to be believed (I haven't bothered to read Finnegans Wake, didn't even finish Ulysses). But who borrowed that term and used it to describe the similarities between a significant amount of varied mythology, REGARDLESS of socio-cultural, religious, or commercial origin? Joseph MOTHERFUCKIN' Campbell, that's who.

So while I stand on the shoulders of giants, you sit underneath them, getting shit on. Yum Yum Yum, eat yo' shit sandwich and enjoi it, boi!

oneeyesuzy

Dec 10, 2017
yeah I don't believe they could not get their money out, I think they were under review from reports where they were collecting money and not delivering which there are laws against

oneeyesuzy

Dec 10, 2017
This game is full of bugs because of the timeline setup and they haven’t been fixed I had to start over or get saves right at the point of gameplay

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
This game is full of bugs because of the timeline setup and they haven’t been fixed I had to start over or get saves right at the point of gameplay
well there are few things timed like 1st fight against lady vampire and going to circus 1st time.

2.70 star(s) 60 Votes