VN - Others - Completed - Witch of Steel Annerose [v1.01] [Black Lilith]

1. 3.00 star(s)

AHentailurker

Gotta preface this with saying I haven't played any of the Taminin Games.

I'm not gonna judge the game too hard on its setting and Story, I'm assuming it makes more sense and is more interesting if you're familiar with Taimanin games, but as someone who isn't, the setting was a jumbled mess of Fantsy, Sci-Fi and Dystopian elements, where nothing interesting gets explored, and a lot of things completely irrelevant to the story get way too much text.

This also makes the characters and story hard to judge. Maybe some of these characters, Locations and Plot points make a lot of sense with Taimanin experience, to me, all of them were pretty bland, were not well established at all, and in case of plot points, come flying out of nowhere basically all the time.

The Black Lilith games I played so far all had these manipulative evil mastermind characters as MCs.
    That made the horrible things happening to the girls in these games have a fantasy to it. You are the bad guy, so seeing bad things happen to the "heroes" is a good thing.
    This time the Main Character is borderline Self-insert, an option to name him would have been appropriate.
    Seeing the Main Girl horribly tortured and raped feels, at least for me, entirely different if you view the entire story out of the guys' perspective, who has a pathetic crush on her. Also makes the scenes in which he basically rapes her seem pretty out of character.

Not saying you can't get off on it, the scenes are mostly High Quality Stuff, it's just not as good as other Black Lilith games imo.

The game would still be pretty good, if the ending wasn't so bad. The good endings are the most anti-climactic garbage I have ever seen, with the "true" ending just being the good ending with a scene. And without the shitty reference to the Taimanin Games. The bad endings are pretty good, but I was really really hoing for an evil MC one, that would give some pay-off to the out of character raping he does.

Not a bad game, just not to my taste, and below average for Black Lilith games.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Rule97

Good gam, with a little bit of everythin even vanilla, if you like Black Lilith this one will be amongst your favs.
    But yeah you can think this game is very similar to Taimanin Asagi 8and to certain point it is but i think it's stand as it's own thing and is a good game