RPGM - Witched Tale [Beta Testing 1.11] [BlueOracle]

1. 3.00 star(s)

reversepocketwatch

I'm so conflicted because this is a game I wanted to be amazing from the first time I played it. Decent art and aesthetic design, real ambitious plans for an RPGM game, a small but inspiring tag list. A bit of humor too.

Unfortunately that was at least over a year ago, probably quite a bit longer. Needless to say I was super excited to see there had been an update, even a title art change I believe. There is no new content. None. Hell, not even putting in all the things in the F95 images. Instead, it's a "beta test" version, with new game sending you to a baffling room with NPCs who tell you pointless laborious things you can test for the dev. For many of them it's not even clear how to do them though. I still have no idea how to enable the character portrait.

Frankly I gave this game a 3 because I don't want to drag its score down too much and scare off people who might try it. Because I'm stupid, I still want people to see this game, and for the dev to become inspired and actually add something. As of right now, there is functionally nothing, and the past year or more has not changed that in the slightest.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

armedvinyl

The game looks really good, especially for an rpgmaker game which usually doesn't even go out of their way to make a 'couple' custom assets.

Right out the gate this game shows you some great visuals to accompany the game's worldbuilding. It makes me wonder what kind of fun game they could develop and build up if it wasn't an h-game.

Personally I would love to see them try their hand using another engine to make games. The UI isn't a problem but I'm curious to see if they'd want to stylize the UI to make the whole experience stand out as far as it does.

To be fair, for a beta testing, this left me feeling very impressed.
    Definitely keep an eye out for when this game gets fully released.
    (Another slight downside is that the filesize is big, but there's an option to download the game compressed.)
  3. 5.00 star(s)

FJohnny

It is still on work but the story so far sounds good and the graphics are top tier too.
    So in the future we will get an incredible game. Can't wait to play the full game at its best.
    And a quote: please don't rush the game dev. Every rpg game needs time to get build. Just like : Rome wasn't build in 1 day
  4. 5.00 star(s)

AliceD

-Really intriguing premise
    -good characters so far, i like that this isnt one of those cheesy games where everyone preys on you
    -extremely nice art
    -short atm, 2 scenes and another one you only observe for a moment, but its an early version so that is to be expected

i hope this gets finished, i loved it
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Red-Cat

A new, underdeveloped game. I absolutely love the art, beautiful stuff. Can't wait to see where this goes. Hope the creator works hard on this for a long time, and good luck to them.

There's a few typos and grammar errors that make me think the creator is ESL