VN - Ren'Py - Witches Trainer [v0.1.7p Fix] [Kitty_SFM]

1. 1.00 star(s)

dorsalkeyboard

I don't really know where to begin with this. So. At one point. This was a game with content. It wasn't great, but it at least had content. Then it got DMCA'd and had a retool with I assume a different author than the first one. Still had some content. Not great content mind you. Like. 3/5 game. 3.5 maybe just for the bush.

Now with this last update. . . it is unplayable. I mean technically you can play it, if you like pointless grinding. Frustrating navigating of unclear "free roam" mechanics... And somehow less nudity and content than the first and second versions.

The English typos are pretty egregious and confusing as well, and why would anyone pay for your patreon code when there isn't even any real content to begin with. Skip.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

davemarg

Do not waste your time as nudity is removed from this game. It had a potential to develop into a good trainer/exploit but dev screwed it up. There is no incentive to play the game anymore they might as well list this on Disney forums now
  3. 2.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    +We have good looking animations and renders.

Bad Points
    - We have poorly and undetailed writed characters and story.
    -Our content is pretty much time waster and we dont even have any HJ scene. Thats total waste of time for v.0.14p and im not sure we are going to get good amount of content with next updates...
    -There is literaly no story or character development.

For The End
    Its poor... Pretty poor game... Maybe with time, with more content and detailed writing it can be better...
  4. 3.00 star(s)

FLuffyman

One of the greatest things i cannot stand in any game is being force to repeat the same action over and over again as no progress happens. This game is that in a nut shell. I love the models, I love that someone picked this concept back up, but it is done so poorly that it hurts to play.

I am told by the game everything i need to play and it is very straight forward. The problem is that the first girl requires her dorm to be winning to make any progress and the opposing dorm will consistently double her dorm. The Game also tells you that if you are having trouble with that then talk to the professor but she gives you information that literally tells you nothing. At least let us go for multiple girls at the start because the first one is aggravating.

Edit: I am updating my review for the version i played, not [v0.1.4j]
    So, I got passed the first girl and it was fairly smooth sailing after that.
    What was causing me to get stuck was that, despite the game telling you to avoid getting them mad, you HAVE TO make the first two girls mad at least once in order to get their training started. which is counter intuitive.

I have a better opinion of the game and can see a lot more potential but the 'Training" part of game still needs a lot of work.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

Story is boring
    Could have done so much more with the virus thing
    Spraying with the virus protecting spray seems to have no special effect Why not make it so they are more horny as a side effect
    Renders are good
    love the pubic hair
    no sex scenes
    Was hoping you could have sex with the girls or atleast a few of them

No bugs
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Xo Mo

For the first 5 minutes of this, the text attempts to tell you how to play the game, what gifts to get for the girls, and how to make them mad or happy.... in very broken English.

After 25 lines of nearly incomprehensible mis-spellings, misused words, and bad grammar, I gave up.

I'm sure if you just skip reading, there might be something fun here, but being a visual NOVEL, the text is key to keeping the player invested. Bad writing, horrible formatting, and I do hope that the developer might be able to find someone capable of translating whatever they are trying to say into something a 3rd grader might be able to decipher.

If the DEV works on the writing, I will up my star rating. But I'm not the boss here, so that's up to whether or not the dev wishes to focus on it.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Thedarklord314

You're doing a great job continuing the work of fairyforest dev. Good work there. By the way, may I suggest some options on the animation scenes,like choosing views if ever the player wants POV, whole body, etc. It would be highly appreciated. Would you be adding prostitution and gangbangs on the upcoming updates? I really hope you do.. that's where the corruption tag really shines. Well keep it up the good work,
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Arne.Sunde

Stare into a yellow curtain as you summon a student.
    Make her do One thing not so close to comfort.
    Press your book and Grade papers.
    Go to sleep.
    And repeat.
    Dont mess up, you either rollback or waste 2 weeks ingame grinding
    the gold needed to purchase a chocolate to improve her mood.

This is not an Homage to favored classics in the Akabur genre.
    It's a very cheap knockoff.
    Fin.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Davox

Writing is all over the place random capitalisations, incorrect tense, comas all over the place, appalling spelling. The actual writing isn't great outside of the grammar. Its totally dry with none of the humour or craft of the game this is based off of.

Just a grind fest or rinse and repeat until the next liner things open up.

There is not a lot of content at the moment but what there is , is hidden behind a ton of grind. In reality there is just one room and then 2 girls who appear in 6 different very small scenes each in that room.

I played with my own cheats and completed it in 30 minutes but playtime felt like <5 minutes of game +25 minutes of faff. Can't imagine what this would be like without cheats.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

LooLoo Baloo

Here's an updated review:
    The games quite fun, but it does have it's flaws. I think the biggest 2 problems are the h scenes, and the bad spelling. It's really important to spell check things, bad English can ruin the experience. And if it had more h scenes, then it would be more rewarding to play it. For now I'll give it 4 stars for the improvements it's made, however if these next improvements are made, then it would be higher
    As for the good points, I think the characters look really nice, and it has quite a few different features that can be exciting to use
    Overall, I'd say reduce the grind, proof read the writing, and have more H scenes