Ren'Py - Wolf Complex [v0.12.0] [RecentlyLuckyMan]

1. 4.00 star(s)

amaiakagane

The game has gone through a lot of changes through the years and plays more like a visual novel than a sandbox. I'm a casual player, so I'm easy to please and I prefer the VN style over a heavy sandbox playstyle. I like the characters; they are cute. The story is nice for a light and fluffy read. There are some lines of text that have odd grammar and like 2 lines that weren't translated into English, but they didn't bother me at all since they were so few.

The current game is way better than the earlier versions of the game I played. The developer has done a great job improving on many parts of their game. The grammar is way better, you don't have to grind for hours for 1 picture like in a lot of other games, the scene gallery is nice (some games still don't have a scene gallery for some reason), the scenes themselves and their UI have improved (there are still a couple old scenes the developer is updating), and a lot of the old bugs have been fixed.

The dev does fix old bugs, but new ones will always be introduced since they are also constantly adding new content or adjusting old content to make it better. It's just part of the process, and I'm happy to report bugs to help the dev make their game since they're letting me enjoy it for free. Here is a short list of all the bugs I noticed playing v0.12.0, and hopefully it helps new people decide if they want to try the game.

Unable to get a scene (midnight masturbation) after story has advanced (Aunt comes home). Nevermind, I figured out what I was doing wrong.
    Unable to get some old scenes (cowgirl, reverse cowgirl, Christmas missionary, Christmas doggy, and Christmas cowgirl 2) to show up in the gallery.
    During the gym missionary scene, if you switch to cowgirl the scene breaks (black background, 2nd face picture, and the insert button disappears).
    Some interactions like having a lewd conversation will overflow (4/3 actions) instead of advancing the time of the day (morning 2/3 to midday 0/3).
    The days you can work shift from sat-sun to fri-sat.
    These are the only bugs I noticed in the current build, and some might just be me not understanding how to get scenes haha. I'll have to double-check with the walkthrough on main page under downloads.

Thank you for sharing your game LuckyMan, and I hope you stay lucky :).
  2. 2.00 star(s)

kenny

There might have been something good here if it wasn't for two major things.
    1. The poor writing and even poorer translation. Feels like it is written by a twelve year old, childish, incoherent and completely broken in pacing
    2. Buggy as all hell. Event happen out of order, events don't happen properly and scenes just overlay one on the other.
    The sex "minigame" is also really bad, the dumb waiting game completely deflates any kind of arousal from the scene.
    Way too half baked to be enjoyable.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

molitar

Art 3/5
    Sound 3/5 (sleepy music)
    Game Play 1/5 (repetitive with no damn goals at least 6 days in)
    Story 1/5 (there is no story it's boring)
    UI 2/5 It is bad and no option to sleep to next day so multiple clicking to sleep the night

It's a very very very boring and dry Dating Sim. I could only make it to day 6 and I deleted it.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Anon21

This is pretty decent game, with some flaws and bugs.

I'm not sure how much variation in route there is, my gut feeling is 'not much'. I think it would have been cool to have 'more romantic' vs 'more horny' paths.

So, some of the stats can be bumped up to crazy levels with grinding and some of the stats just stick at certain levels until you advance the plot. However, excessive grinding is not worth it. You can buy a bunch of stuff with money from work, but not all of them do what they say they do. If they do work, they often aren't worth the grind to get them as you can only work on the weekends.

Bugs. There are some 'soft lock' style bugs, so make sure to save once a day or so and not in the same location. There are autosaves, but I don't like relying on them. Particularly, you can easily fall into a soft lock the night after you confess your sins to your sister.

It looks like in one place the programmer wrote 'relalion' instead of 'relation' for a variable name so you can't have 'casual' talk at school. No real game impact, though.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

javadoca

Incest fantasy with a fox girl, slightly grindy, but manageable once you know what to do.

Art Quality: 6 out of 10.

Animation Quality: 6 out of 10.

Progression: 6 out of 10.

Interface Clarity: 7 out of 10.

Story: 7 out of 10.

Characters: 7 out of 10.

Overall javascore: 6.48 out of 10.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4031081

This was suprisingly good, however the lack of content was frustrating.
    The characters are charming, their designs are good as well, writing is actually funny sometimes. The direction, all those little animatoins and just the way koikatsu is used is pretty impressive.
    Everything here screams potential, hoever it is pretty frustrating to play this game as you are given a LARGE map, wihout any actuall events, and you don't even have a proper quest journal. And it the game doesn't even tell when it doesn't have any more content! Like I spent 15 minutes just wanderig around different places, hoping something would happen, untill I got pissed off and just opened the code files to know if i did everything there is to do in this game.
    There are some bugs, but none of them are game-breaking. There are some untranslated lines, but you still understand what is going on.
    This game has A LOT of potential, however I think the addition of a giant empty school was just not a smart desigion. If i was a dev, I would just don't let player in the school untill I had some content there.
    Good luck to the dev, game obviously needs some work, but I still think it is quite underrated.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

Renders are not bad But like people in comment said sister is a Kemonomimi Not furry
    Story
    There is no real story sister hates the ears and tail wonders why she has it she get mad at you Game feels so empty You can talk with your sister nothing happens
    The energy thing is dumb not a fan of it