Ren'Py Wolf Complex [v0.12.0] [RecentlyLuckyMan]

3.10 star(s) 7 Votes

hubaba

Oct 29, 2019
Characters looks cute, not a bad story starter. Not much else to say right now, there is no content, some obvious bugs. Wish you the best luck growing this project.

Feb 26, 2020
need to fix the english version half of it is in spanish and you need to learn the difference between he and she and him and her you have them backwards

• Red Heart
Reactions: Blue3252

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Wolf Complex Compressed: 0.5.1 Hotfix (Half-Tested)

Win/Mac (1.4 GB/321 MB) :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

RecentlyLuckyMan

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2022
Wow, i download so many games on this page, is curious seeing my game here hehe!

I like this page, there is more people givin feedback than in itch.io, i accept al critics, im seeing the people don´t like i call maggie furry, i guess is better to change it then, for me was a simple internal joke, but if is not funny to people make sense to change it.

The game is a very early access, im aware that ther is no much "game" in my game, im working on it, i have plans to add soooo much things in the game, but im pretty new in programming in general so this can take time to me.

Anyway, I'm glad you take the time to make a review, being positive or negative, it really helps to improve!

Last edited:

RecentlyLuckyMan

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2022
Wow, i download so many games on this page, is curious seein my game here hehe!
need to fix the english version half of it is in spanish and you need to learn the difference between he and she and him and her you have them backwards
I'm not native speaker, and i use google translate for the 0.0.2 version, in 0.0.3 version i fixed so much errors that i find. im working to correct the translations in the new updates. but its a little hard to me.

RecentlyLuckyMan

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2022
Hmm, looking at one of the images, the mc can only be stupid and strong, or inteligent and weak? Because when he trains strenght he gets 5, but at the same time loose 5 inteligence. That means they completely negate each other. Mostly in games yes, when you train one, you loose other, but not the same amounth (it can be say 5/3 or even in worse cases 5/4).
If the autor want to have it that it's impossible to be both, then ok. Is it somewhat a part of the game, that there will be 2 routes one for an inteligent and one for a strong MC? That i would understand, it would be probably easier for the development, that the MC can only go one way. Though if player can choose his routes in more than one way, it makes it more interesting for him. Some people would grind the stats to the death, to be able to choose in each scene if they take the strong aprouch or the inteligent one.
Other than that, the characters look nice and yes as many said, she is not a furry, just a kemonomimi (which means monster ears), or in this case if you want to be more strict a okamimimi (which means wolf ears), the tail doesnt make furry as well. To be furry, she would have to be covered with fur, on at least more than 50% of her body. If she had an animal head, then that gives even more to that. I myself prefer the ears approach, rather than furry, but if you want to catter to the furry audience, you must cover her with fur. Though in that case, if they live in a normal world and she is the only one like that, that would probably be more than "just" a complex for her. She would be hunted, many people would want to kill her or experiment on her. SHe wouldn't be able to go to school as she is now. If there are other like her, then yes, she could live a "normal" life, with some occasional discrimination. Just like she is probably having now.

About the strenght and stats, its not making in purpose, i'm gonna change it in future versions, actually strength, inteligence, and charm do literaly nothing XD, there will have use in the future but i have so much work to do and will take time to me.

about the furry thing, that was a simply joke but i see its not funny for anyone XD, im gonna change it because didn't make sense from the start.

Everything is quite vague for now, because I rushed to finish the first version to focus on the rest, now I see that maybe it was not a good idea... I have to change many things and add many others, I guess I'll just listen to comments and I will keep working to improve.

Last edited:

jadih96207

Apr 30, 2021
Looks empty because its empty, its a really early version, I am aware that it is not in a decent state, but I wanted to publish it, precisely to receive some feedback while I develop the game, there is still a lot to do, and I am open to ideas, opinions and critics
See about getting yourself a game developer tag
https://f95zone.to/threads/game-developer-tag.49322/

While you're pestering the mods you can also see about getting ownership of the thread.

Keep in mind that incest can cause issues with Patreon so I would suggest getting a account as a backup.

From the start the girl looks cute and cute moments with cute girls tends to attract attention. Wolf girls tend to play well with headpats, tailjobs, and playful tricksters.

Fan Sig
Wolf_Complex-Fan.gif

Reactions: Mr. Bonkers

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Preposterous. Ezio you say? Ezio would've sneaked in on his sister with his fucking eyes closed. This one got caught instantly?! A disgrace to the brotherhood.

1657194843450.png

Lunarmist

Darkness of The Mist
Uploader
Game Compressor
Feb 5, 2022
Wolf Complex[v0.0.6[RecentlyLuckyMan]Compressed

Download Win/Linux(PC)/Mac:

Last edited:

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
Someone should tell the dev the difference between a furry and a monstergirl..

Cause there no furry in this.
As long as there's no fury in this i'm ok, cause furry or monster girl, i don't care, as long as it's good to fap on. :LOL:

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
My favorite part of this description is that the brother tries to try to help his sister. He tried to try. He didn't make enough of an attempt to actually try but he tried to try. :oops:
Yeah! it's like that Canadian PM, Justin Trudeau, who's trying to try everytime but he doesn't achieve anything, hope that Ezio will achieve something with his furry sister.:love:
Oups sorry, sorry, sorry mates, i mean monstergirl sister, i don't want to offend the purist in here. ;)

Reactions: RecentlyLuckyMan

magfan2255

May 28, 2020
i want to see pregnancy and birthing in this game, oh this setting is sooo perfect for that. i want to see both of them having children prancing about them happily, that would be soooo wholesome!

spoink1337

Mar 29, 2021
Ey! What it do meng! Icha boi!

Here are my current thoughts on your game. If my words sounded harsh, then I apologize in advance. That being said, my aim is to provide you with details that you can use to further improve your game.

Naturally, since I'm no pro, you can take my words with a grain of salt.

That being said, let's go!!!

[Menus and technicalities]

+Main Menu has music so that's a plus
+Main Menu does not use the base design! Another plus

-I suggest moving into .jpeg image format to save a ton of space. (You're currently using .PNG). Optimizing your game this early will save you a lot of trouble in the future.

-Choice Bombing: Lots of choices that I currently don't need to know are suddenly presented to me. To be honest I was confused at first about what should I do once I reached the 'house' portion of the game. I suggest reducing the buttons you needed to click to a single one for now and then gradually revealing the other options as the needs arise. (IE. I want to piss suddenly because the world invoked me to = You can now go to the bathroom. If stress becomes too high = The option to play guitar and fap has been unlocked.)

-As for the choice bombing in school, there are currently three events there: Study, lunch, and get wrecked in the gym. There isn't really much to do here and in the other rooms so I suggest going with the cafeteria, classroom, and gym for now as options. (The choice to go to other parts of the school will gradually unlock.

***I believe this is a case of planning and organization. The author is unsure know which part of the game to focus on: Should I go do the features or should I go with the story? This is very noticeable since a lot of the features created don't really influence the story at all. (IE. Strenght, Intellegience and Charm.)

To be honest, I haven't created a game like this yet so I can't give any accurate solution/tips for it. If anything, I suggest finishing the story of chapter one and then inserting the 'sandbox' elements later that would influence how the
chapter would end. (IE. If he goes to this place with more than 5 charm, give ending A, else give ending B.)

[Music]
+Happy to see it has music!
+Happy to see it also has sound effects!

[Effects]
+Glad to see that yer using Renpy's cropping effects!

[Plot]

For plotting, I usually cut a whole chapter into scenes and then further cut scenes into three parts:

1. Character wants X
2. But X happens
3. Therefore Character does X

This probably looks a bit stiff for story telling but it certainly is a comfortable method for ME when trying to convey something in a story. (you don't want to create scenes that don't have any purpose after all.)

Aside from that, I also cut the WHOLE story into main plots and sub-plots. This way I can keep track of the important details that might affect the character and the story.

Main:

SCENE ONE:

1. MC wants to know the issue experienced by Maggie. (His sister I think, or maybe Roomate. Or worse, LANDLADY)
2. But he can't really relate to it and he always makes the situation worse.
3. Therefore he talks to her and got forgiven partially.

*** Okay Cool Straight to the point, he wants to help this sister and he's having an issue doing it. Luckily he managed to do it in the end but only got forgiven partially. Easy to follow so far! I suppose the 2nd scene will be about him trying to find a way to make her nekomimi body acceptable right?

SCENE TWO:

I didn't really reach this stage but based on the screenshot, I think they slept on the same bed together or something? I suppose they managed to reach a point of agreement.

*** This is probably one of the harps I have about Sandbox games. I have to grind a stat to trigger an event without even knowing that there's an event. To be honest, I don't really know how to avoid this part of Sandbox games if I were to create one myself.

Maybe insert an event that would make me interested in increasing X stat, which would then trigger the character event stat? (IE. Teacher: You need to make sure you have X intelligence or you'll get morbed in the next Monday > MC grinds Int. stat and then triggers the character event with Y character and also passes the test. )

=========================

Sub-plot:
1. Character has no money so he needs a job
2. Character found a job at Koi Cafe but found the owner to also have ears.
3. Character got interested in the ears and asked about it.

*** Cool, seems like this will be used to later explained that the ears are supernatural or something.

***All in all, the plot is severely lacking due to the organization issue I've mentioned above. Since I haven't developed a 'sandbox' type of game yet, I can't really give any tips aside from finishing the story of chapter one and then applying the Sandbox later.

I can't give much input about the plot since it doesn't seem to be finished yet. Usually, I'd look for a point of conflict in the chapter but I don't think the MC quarreling with Maggie is enough to be considered a 'conflict' since she forgave him without the MC 'losing' or 'challenging' anything.

Basically, if this is chapter one, it isn't finished or fully fleshed out yet. (Unless I missed something that was said in the bed scene, I didn't really reach this part cuz I already gave up after reaching the School scene)

[Characters]

Margaret: Happy to see that she bullies and quarrels with the MC, giving them a friendly relationship. Most of the characters I see usually are suddenly attracted or have a secret crush on the MC without a proper explanation and events as to why they are in love with him.

Ezio from Assasins creed: MC is cool, seems like he's an asshole but with a heart of gold. He also doesn't have money but hey! That's fine, we can relate!

***Happy to see that the author is strong on the characterization department, I believe he should focus on creating the story, the changes, and events that would change the character as they traverse Chapter one (for now), and then apply the sandbox features later.

He definitely has writing skills and knows how to give quirks and flair to the characters, hopefully, he focuses on this part for now.

All in all, I hope this helped! Looking forward to what you'll do!

3.10 star(s) 7 Votes