Ren'Py - World Tamer [v0.6.5] [Deniam]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

World Tamer is a time management style game featuring a world in which the strong "tame" the weak through DNA swapping. It follows the story of a pokemon monster girl master as he goes about taming all the...

Wait... it's a normal world and taming seems to be a side gig?

...huh?

My beef with the game should be pretty obvious. If you're going to go through all the effort to put together interesting, world shaping fantasy elements for your game, USE THEM. I don't want to play a pokemon game in which the world isn't completely focused around the fact that I can train a dog to shoot fire. In the same way, I don't care about normal life in a world in which the strong can mind control fuck their way into a harem or be mind control fucked into the same.

Everything about the game should be shaped around this fact. There should be other characters with their own harems. Growing strong should be everyone's goal. The strongest people should make the rules or there should be a damn good reason they don't. There should be interesting subtext/story morals about what strength is. There's all kinds of cool shit a crazy fantasy background like this should lead to and enable for a game like this.

Instead, World Tamer gives us obnoxiously standard bullshit. The world is largely unexplored and as such assumed to be normal. The starting girls are normal humans and have nothing to say about taming (which should be FUCKING WORLD WARPING). The main character tames a couple girls early on, but not because he really sought that out, but because it fell into his lap and apparently he's strong for story reasons.

Maybe shit changes later on, but I just can't bring myself to care with such a lackluster intro. If girl taming is the game's main feature, dig the fuck in. If there's normal girls, I want to know what they think about taming, whether they can be tamed themselves, and how their lives have been altered because taming is a thing. Do they feel like second class citizens because monster girls are mind controllable harem slaves? Have they ever considered lesbianism for the sheer fucking power it would give them?

If there are elements of our normal lives still about in the world, I want to know how and why they still exist and how they've changed because of taming. If I get a job at a bar run by monster girls, how have these monster girls not been tamed or have they tamed others to assert dominance and their right to run a bar? Explain to me how altering how power functions within this world has affected this bar.

Sigh...

I guess the art is good at least.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

Story is really good

Sex scenes are good
    there moaning sounds
    no grind
    no bugs
    Really great game concept
    Keeping a eye out on updates for this game for sure
    Story isn't that deep but it's intresting
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Mrkraken888

Version 5.0
    I give an high rating because it has everything I need and require from a sandbox game, especially in Koikatsu: many blowjobs, well animated scenes, repeatable scenes, audio in the scenes, good story(even tho I don't pay much attention to it). The characters are also very likeable, with a good balance of content between the 3 poster girls, the other main characters and the side characters. Everything has a good quality, didn't find any bugs and played smoothly till the end. 5 stars well deserved.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

JustGoingBy

Pretty nice models and progression, interested to see what comes next with a larger variety of scenes and monster girls. I especially like the model of the mother figure with the blond fox girl second. Hopefully something more happens with the girls you store at the ruins
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Seik

A well-made and addictive game, maybe it doesn't have the most impressive story, but is that the main thing? There are many different cute girls!

If someone needs a complex and deep plot, go read Dostoevsky!
  6. 3.00 star(s)

slothen29

Its basically a meet and fuck with the barest thread of a story. The characters are not very interesting at all. The visuals are pretty good and I like the character designs but animations feel very basic. Eventually story triggers are hidden behind like "check this location at this time on a specific day of a 7-day week." which is oddly specific and made progression kind of annoying. Game looks good but there's actually not much here.

The whole "tamer" concept is poorly thought out and kinda lame. it just means that if a non human approaches the MC she'll try to fuck him for dominance then become his happy little pet.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Review for v0.1.1

An extremely simple sandbox fuckfest game thus far. Does the game do anything particularly bad? Honestly no, but it just doesn't do anything that enticing either. Obligatory didn't play all available content mostly because I got bored with this.

In this world it seems that humans and beast people/demi-humans/I forgot what the game calls them can "tame" each other based on who is "stronger" when having sex. How and why? Couldn't tell you. Apparently it also makes them immediately subservient to the tamer. How and why? Couldn't tell you. After a little intro showing the MC being a child experiment, the game time skips and we are back in town with the goal of investigating the company that experimented on us. Why? Couldn't tell you.

Are you sensing a theme here?

This is why I describe the game as simple. It just doesn't expand on any single detail about anything. It feels like most of the game is happening off screen for some reason. The MC seems to get to know the girls we meet without us seeing it. The result being characters with the depth of puddles that suddenly love us because we do one thing for them. Case in point: we tell a fox girl hiding in the attic that she can just take one of the open rooms in the house, and then two scenes later she's in our bed blowing us with an "I love you master!" Perhaps the result of this trying to be a big open sandbox that it doesn't really try to create deep characters, but the point stands for me. I did not get attached to them.

One the technical side the sandbox itself is your usual fair, but very streamlined thus far. Given that its new there's just not many directions to go in yet. I do appreciate it having a clear quest log for what to do next. There's some simple animations when interacting with the girls, and it has some music as well which are both nice touches.

Sex scenes are Koikatsu standard, and given that the game didn't attach me to characters means they didn't really do much for me. Character designs are fine? Some generic but some hit as well to be fair.

At the end of the day the lack of depth in the writing is what's hurting this for me. In no way does it really stick out from any other sandbox so far. The taming aspect could be fun I guess, but that requires me to be into the girls. The driving narrative is a little weak as well, which is again another depth issue. I wouldn't say I'd never play this again, but I won't exactly be eager to based on the current version.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story 1/5
    Never really been a fan of MC being the one whos getting raped, also hate forced LIs and this has both, if you could atleast kill the bitch that rapes ya or atleast make her a pure none sex slave since she apprently likes sex then it would be alot better, repaying a bitch that rapes ya with more sex seems completely idiotic, it dosent make it less idiotic that MC gets raped 10 feet away from the gang and not a single one hears a thing.
    MC desides to let the bitch go and let her come for sex visit to hes house instend....yep makes perfect sense right?
    This is a constant in the game girls jumps on MC raping him to see if they can tame him which they cant then they are rewarded with more sex from MC, but MC has 0 controle over them since they fuck around behind hes back none stop only with other girls but it would still be cheating on MC.

Its kinda weird since it starts out good where it tells you, you can controle how relationships will go by the color of your choices, but first thing game does is force a LI on you?? and to make it even more weird the girl that rapes you goes into the list of girls where you can gain heart points with them? i would say thats a bit fucking late when she already fucked MCs ass without consent.

As for the story plot its just yet another one of those where you have to gain power/tame people and only way to do that is by fucking people, so yeah mindless fuckfest yet again and without giving the players any choice, same goes for next girl in the atic you can stop her but then MC desides to tame her anyway? and ofcause she forces her self on MC the very next morning as well, so yeah this game is just pure kinetic and will force who ever on you so the hole relationship system is 100% pointless.
    What makes it really idiotic is that in my playthrough i said no to the voice to tame more girls since you have no clue what the voice is about, and then MC keeps on doing it anyway it just makes no sense.

Also there is no real need to force sex scenes on you since just a simple kiss would be enough to tame someone and then let it be up to the player to fuck them or not, but for all the forced sex scenes its all about who cums first? dosent make much sense if a kiss is enough.

Quests seems a bit bugged, after talking to the fox girl and promiss not to say anything, he then say he has to go talk to rose about it? seems a bit off but the buggy part is that no quests shows up in log, same after talking to Rose about Emily quest log stays empty, so from there on out you can only start guessing what to do or where to go.

Your girls apprently also have lesbian sex behind your back since you walk in on them while they are going at it, feels waaaaaay off in a game where your supposed to be their master, so theres no way they should do that behind your back, but apprently all girls are BI and they all have lesbian relationships behind MCs back, its borderline NTR since MC never said it was ok for them to do have lesbian relationships without MC, at the very least all the girls are cheating on MC doing it that way and it feels more like they all got an open relationship fucking whoever they want and the MC being master means absolutly nothing since the girls fucks around constantly.

Girls 3/5
    They look ok but noting really new or special and i have seen better even with this character type.

Animations 3/5
    They are pretty decent for this type of characters.

Music 3/5
    Its the standard background stuff but its decent so it dosent get annoying.

Choices 0/5
    As for relationship/Sex there arent any, girls just trow them selfs on MC after 2 seconds, why game has a relationship system when theres 0 relationship to build up, i got no idea but they should remove that since its just idiotic to have when LIs are forced anyway.

Sandbox 3/5
    It dosent feel so bad and for now there isent much grinding but it could change at some point.

Content 4/5
    Quest log might be buggy but found that you can see how to progress girls by looking at their profile, so did manage to finish current content and there are a good amought of content and a shit load of sex scenes, only issue to me is that they are all forced, same for lesbian content and anal is forced so i expect everything that game will get will be forced to.

If you had meaningfull choices this game would have had alot more potential, but just following a kinetic set storyline just isent for me, and it really should just add the tag for it.
    I proberly wont be revisiting this since i just hate forced LIs to much to try it again, but for people who just like everything it will proberly be a great game.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Asteel1

Superb so far! This game has a ton of potential!! I honestly can't wait to see what else is coming in the future.
    The theme is great and girls are all awesome. I would have a hard time choosing a favorite.
    There is a good bit of skipping time, or working that you have to do to reach specific times and/or days but it wasn't to the point it was irksome.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Gorrik

I like this one quite a bit, excited for the future of it! As you can tell from the sample images, there is a heavy monster girl focus - with some humans as well. If that isn't your thing, this won't be either. If you like monster girls, this has potential to be one of the good ones. IMO there is plenty of content there already if you are curious - no need to wait on this one.

There is some tropey stuff here. MC is a dude with a past they are looking for answers to. To start searching for those answers, they move back to their hometown to live with the with the woman who saved him from a shitty situation at a very young age, and seems to have practically raised him. For reasons MC is trying to figure out, he has a special talent for taming monster girls - a process that basically involves dominating them while exchanging bodily fluids. That is your basic premise. None of that is really trying anything new, but it's done well.

It doesn't take too long to get to your first animated sex scene, and all of them so far are done well. There is no "sex slapping" sounds yet during the sex scenes, but there is moaning. There are also sex scenes with the human girls, but they take a bit more effort - whereas the ones with the monster girls happen relatively quickly because of taming.

My primary criticism so far is early one, there is a lot of time slot skipping to get to the next scene / quest. This happens less over time as you get more jobs / interactions, but the beginning is pretty bare. You could fill that with more quests that set up characters, getting us to know them better and have more interactions before getting right to the sex. Whats there right now for the human girls isn't bad so far, but I'd like a bit more there. It's decent so far, just expand on it and use that empty space to fill that void.

I'm genuinely excited for this one. It's a solid start IMO. Plenty of time for polish as time goes on, but they've just started and what's there is already worth checking out. I normally wait a while to try these, glad I didn't with this one.