Would like tips for just starting NSFW Daz 3D

0bserver9253

Aug 18, 2022
I'm thinking of making NSFW content and using Daz 3D to do so, but since I know nothing of Daz, I figured I would ask for some tips for starting out as well as a few answers to questions I couldn't find the answers on my own:

1) Should I use Gen8 or Gen9?
There's a lot of assets I would want to buy that's Gen8, but I don't know if they could "carry" over or how long they will be supported now that Gen9 in underway.

2) I only see one asset pack for pregnancy (on Renderotica), is that the only asset pack for pregnancy or is there an "easy" trick to make pregnancies in Daz and the asset pack is just for convivence?

3) If I want to make even more exotic stuff (like [Gender Change], [Transformation], [Vore], and [Multibody part]) but don't see animation or asset packs for them, where can I learn how to make/fake them in Daz?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
1) Should I use Gen8 or Gen9?
It depends on your hardware. Nvidia GPUs are the only ones that work with Daz, otherwise you're limited to CPU rendering which is far, far slower. Genesis 8 has a lot of backlog, but the quality isn't quite as high as 8.1 or 9. Genesis 9 is rather new, so there's inherently less of a backlog in that regard. I personally use 8.1 for most of my renders (though for one-off renders, I usually use Genesis 9), as I can use all of the newer 8.1 assets and while also having native compatibility with Genesis 8.

2) I only see one asset pack for pregnancy (on Renderotica), is that the only asset pack for pregnancy or is there an "easy" trick to make pregnancies in Daz and the asset pack is just for convivence?

Morphs are going to be your friend for a lot of things in Daz.

3) If I want to make even more exotic stuff (like [Gender Change], [Transformation], [Vore], and [Multibody part]) but don't see animation or asset packs for them, where can I learn how to make/fake them in Daz?
These are highly contextual, so it's hard to answer specifically when it's so general as is. might be a good start for some of the genital stuff, though.

As for the animations, you won't find many premade animation packs that are any good that haven't been used by every AVN developer ever. Most animations you see in AVNs are usually done by hand in Daz via some mix of Limbstick, any number of breast animator assets, and morphs.

Reactions: 0bserver9253

chillboi2

Oct 18, 2021
Hey i am in same boat. I want to get in game development. I know coding so renpy wasnt an issue but i know nothing of daz, assets and rendering. Are there good sources where I can start?

Also do i need to buy assets or can I just make them myself?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Are there good sources where I can start?
This a wide open question, and much too vague to give any specific answer toward. Are you looking for assets to start with or tutorials? I'm reading the latter based on context, but could mean a lot of things. If you're looking for free beginner-friendly tutorials, then , , , or . I'd throw my own stuff in, but it's a bit more intermediate than beginner.

If you're looking for more paid stuff, Dreamlight on the Daz Store has some good stuff to start with. Specifically in regard to lighting. His 8 Point Lighting Set is a strong one that most should pick up, imo. He also has paid courses that revolve around everything from lighting to modeling on his website. . Often around $10/month per course (except for the lighting course.). But you can download them all and then end the subscription if you'd like. can be pretty worth it early on, imo. There's also ShiftArt, which is all-around more beginner focused than anything else.

Anything beyond this and you'll have to get more specific about what you're looking to accomplish.

Also do i need to buy assets or can I just make them myself?
Making assets yourself, you'd need to pick up other skills in a number of softwares. Blender/Maya/3DS, possibly ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer, Marvelous Designer/CLO, and maybe a bit of 3DCoat, depending on what you're making.

The easiest way is to buy assets, or get free ones from places like TurboSquid/CGTrader, DeviantArt, ShareCG, or freebies on Renderosity/Renderotica. You can also sail the high seas, if you'd like, though that's very much dependent on whether you're morally/ethically okay with pirating (and likely making a profit off of said piracy) otherwise paid assets from vendors that don't make a ton to begin with.