Would there be interest in an Netori focused game?

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
I've been kind of working out a Netori based plot in my head and, since I don't really see many games along those lines, was wondering if anyone would be interested in that?

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Of course, it's a topic that regularly comes back.
No idea why there aren't more games with that fetish...
Not too many that is dedicated to the fetish, but there are plenty that has it in some form or another. Now if we could maybe get a tag for it....

Reactions: 215303j

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
create what you like, doesn't matter what we think. whatever genre you pick, it'll have haters but also devoted followers who have waited for your game for a long time. guess which group dishes out the donations?

also, maybe it's just me, but it seems like the unavoidable 'ntr wars' in game threads seem to generate a LOT of attention that probably wouldn't be there without the fighting. so, you know, maybe it's an upside after all?

Reactions: tanstaafl

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
create what you like, doesn't matter what we think. whatever genre you pick, it'll have haters but also devoted followers who have waited for your game for a long time. guess which group dishes out the donations?

also, maybe it's just me, but it seems like the unavoidable 'ntr wars' in game threads seem to generate a LOT of attention that probably wouldn't be there without the fighting. so, you know, maybe it's an upside after all?
Not worried about the reaction to NTR that usually happens on this forum, that's a foregone conclusion. I was honestly curious if if there were people that felt that there was a lack of this type of game. I've progressed with the storyboarding of my game script and have discovered some unique challenges in coming up with a unique netori (+some harem elements) plot with at least 5 unique planned endings that doesn't fall back on cliche and kink to drive the story. I've always liked a challenge, so I'm going to keep plugging away at it.

The only thing getting in my way at this point is the graphics and modeling. I have no skill for it so I'll either have to learn or try to recruit.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I believe mc stealing other people's women (in fiction, not IRL) is generally considered 'fair game' in a vanilla sense, and therefore drops almost no one from the potential audience (unless there are OTHER discriminating traits the mc has that makes it offputting).

the problem with ntr always arises from being railroaded to look at other dicks violating your love interest. even if the cuck is another woman, suddenly almost no one cares because no dick. the largest male audience just doesn't care for looking at dicks, and there's no way to maneuver around that. doesn't matter if the dick belong's to mom's husband's which would be a legitimate reason, the second his dick is out all non-NTR audience is leaving.

so in that regard I think a netori game can do just fine. and I have seen people calling for one several times before.

the netori-aspects that might blow it for some are potential blackmail and rapey stuff in general, but I'm sure that specific audience won't accept that outside netori either. so it's not really a problem of netori even if often associated.

Reactions: wittnotyoyo

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
I believe mc stealing other people's women (in fiction, not IRL) is generally considered 'fair game' in a vanilla sense, and therefore drops almost no one from the potential audience (unless there are OTHER discriminating traits the mc has that makes it offputting).

the problem with ntr always arises from being railroaded to look at other dicks violating your love interest. even if the cuck is another woman, suddenly almost no one cares because no dick. the largest male audience just doesn't care for looking at dicks, and there's no way to maneuver around that. doesn't matter if the dick belong's to mom's husband's which would be a legitimate reason, the second his dick is out all non-NTR audience is leaving.

so in that regard I think a netori game can do just fine. and I have seen people calling for one several times before.

the netori-aspects that might blow it for some are potential blackmail and rapey stuff in general, but I'm sure that specific audience won't accept that outside netori either. so it's not really a problem of netori even if often associated.
Well, I will say this now. People who don't like NTR will not like my game. Failed netori will almost always wind up with the MC experiencing netorare right to the noggin, lol. I doubt I'll be adding in a switch to turn that off either, but I'm not writing this for everyone, so there you go.

Edit: That especially applies to the 'dark' or corrupted route I have planned.

Reactions: sonhot and woody554

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
People who don't like NTR will not like my game. Failed netori will almost always wind up with the MC experiencing netorare right to the noggin, lol.
then it's just another NTR game with the usual baggage coming with it, which is fine. just restricts the audience to that specific fetish (regardless of what else is there). ntr switch might help, but not sure. at least it seems to placate some of the forum warriors.

but so often that means the dev isn't inclined to write the other stuff, and the ntr scenes bloat up while the non-ntr scenes 90% of people sees only get a half-assed try or no updates at all. it just doesn't work when the dev is only interested in ntr. nobody writes well the things they don't like.

one thing I've often wondered is if putting NTR scenes behind closed doors could work? like "yes the douchebag fucks your mom, but mom's door is closed and you won't see a single render of it" if non-ntr switch is on. I feel like it might work for me, but not sure if others would agree. the obvious upside is you could still write the same plot points with the drama, without having to drop whole scenes or writing alternate routes for non-ntr.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
then it's just another NTR game with the usual baggage coming with it, which is fine. just restricts the audience to that specific fetish (regardless of what else is there). ntr switch might help, but not sure. at least it seems to placate some of the forum warriors.

but so often that means the dev isn't inclined to write the other stuff, and the ntr scenes bloat up while the non-ntr scenes 90% of people sees only get a half-assed try or no updates at all. it just doesn't work when the dev is only interested in ntr. nobody writes well the things they don't like.

one thing I've often wondered is if putting NTR scenes behind closed doors could work? like 'yes the douchebag fucks your mom, but mom's door is closed and you won't see a single render of it' if non-ntr switch is on. I feel like it might work for me, but not sure if others would agree. the obvious upside is you could still write the same plot points with the drama, without having to drop whole scenes or writing alternate routes for non-ntr.
First, understand the two paths I have planned. Light (non-corrupted) vs Dark (corrupted). Keep in mind that netori is never 'nice' in terms of what the MC is doing, but for the Light path think of yourself as the Dexter of sex. You would focus on women who are in bad or abusive relationships and take them for yourself. For the Dark path, you'd be focusing on women who are in relationships with basically anyone.

The problem I faced in writing the plot for this game was that I had two choices, 1. I could just make it a no brainer VN with no risk. 2. I could make it an actual risk vs. reward plot. Then I started considering that if the MC is going for netori, that means the woman he is focusing on has a significant other. What happens when the MC fails? It would be poor writing to just have everyone go on their merry way.

Now, I don't have a netorare fetish in the least and I don't seek out games with it, but I'm not averse to it either. That said, it's not something that I want to put into a game just so I can have it. I am putting it in because it would be bad writing not to. That said, going the non-corrupted path will result in pretty tame versions of NTR, if any at all. When failing on the Dark path, it just makes sense to have NTR in all it's emotionally devastating glory.

I guess that would make it 'avoidable NTR'. Just save often, don't screw up, etc.

Reactions: sonhot

Untolddead

Dec 22, 2018
Honestly the NTR in games that I don't like is that most of them make the PC passive in the story and that's no fun. I think a story where you can get NTRed if you play bad is fine. But a passive PC is just an peeping fetish with an extra layer on top.

DragonkingKyo

Jun 5, 2017
First, understand the two paths I have planned. Light (non-corrupted) vs Dark (corrupted). Keep in mind that netori is never 'nice' in terms of what the MC is doing, but for the Light path think of yourself as the Dexter of sex. You would focus on women who are in bad or abusive relationships and take them for yourself. For the Dark path, you'd be focusing on women who are in relationships with basically anyone.

The problem I faced in writing the plot for this game was that I had two choices, 1. I could just make it a no brainer VN with no risk. 2. I could make it an actual risk vs. reward plot. Then I started considering that if the MC is going for netori, that means the woman he is focusing on has a significant other. What happens when the MC fails? It would be poor writing to just have everyone go on their merry way.

Now, I don't have a netorare fetish in the least and I don't seek out games with it, but I'm not averse to it either. That said, it's not something that I want to put into a game just so I can have it. I am putting it in because it would be bad writing not to. That said, going the non-corrupted path will result in pretty tame versions of NTR, if any at all. When failing on the Dark path, it just makes sense to have NTR in all it's emotionally devastating glory.

I guess that would make it 'avoidable NTR'. Just save often, don't screw up, etc.
how about going at it like Taffy Tales were you can choose between the Netori path(light(NTRing guys that deserve it) or Dark(NTRing all girls whether the guys with them are good or not)) or Netorare path and how you go about say path(light or dark) or at least making it were the choices for avoiding the netorare are obvious(like a mark or something) that way you can write the story without poor writing but those that want to avoid the netorare can without effecting the story for those that want to see that side. I guess what a mean a you choose what you want to see happen thing like MyNewFamily by Killer7

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
how about going at it like Taffy Tales were you can choose between the Netori path(light(NTRing guys that deserve it) or Dark(NTRing all girls whether the guys with them are good or not)) or Netorare path and how you go about say path(light or dark) or at least making it were the choices for avoiding the netorare are obvious(like a mark or something) that way you can write the story without poor writing but those that want to avoid the netorare can without effecting the story for those that want to see that side. I guess what a mean a you choose what you want to see happen thing like MyNewFamily by Killer7
I'm actually playing a game right now, i think it's called Acting Lessons or something similar. When an important choice is made, you get an indicator that this will be remembered. I had actually considered something like this that would kind of guide people away from the bad results. And, of course, this could be disabled for those who like the risk.