Would you play a game inspired by telltale graphics?

AstralJam

Sep 4, 2024
That was my whole point. He can just make them want him, no need to even try winning anyone over at all. It's like a "get wet for the MC" button.
They won't want him just from that. Let's say you are at work and you have a female boss. and suddenly she gets the thought in her mind "this guy is really hot, i wish he would fuck me." but that doesn't mean she has been mind controlled, she would question herself why would she think that, all of a sudden. She won't suddenly go in doggy style wanting to be fucked by him. The thoughts after that aren't given by the notebook.

AstralJam

Sep 4, 2024
They won't want him just from that. Let's say you are at work and you have a female boss. and suddenly she gets the thought in her mind "this guy is really hot, i wish he would fuck me." but that doesn't mean she has been mind controlled, she would question herself why would she think that, all of a sudden. She won't suddenly go in doggy style wanting to be fucked by him. The thoughts after that aren't given by the notebook.
Skeltom ♍VoidTraveler

I guess this would get boring eventually too, since his strategy would have to be just spam the notebook and give them sexual thoughts everyday until they actually start to believe it.

Might try to think of limitations like you said, a currency of some sort. Thanks

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
do you know anyone else who has tried it?
I think there are at least 3 games on F95 that have 'death note' as their base if i remember right. :whistle::coffee:
So... grind then? Magic ink?
Grind would probably be boring.. unless it's some kinda fun type of grind.
Maybe something like... mc needs to get himself horny by imagining things with the girl without her noticing (in close proximity to the target girl he needs to do things, sexy things).. and if he succeeds in doing that he then can transfer that horniness to the girl via the book?
And as that horniness accumulates over a few days.. she can then succumb to it and jump mc...

That's what at the top of my head atm. :unsure::coffee:

Reactions: AstralJam

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
that actually gave me an idea. probably not allowed though. text based chats with the girls, where you have to "talk" to get an reaction, positive, negative or neutral. one of the first ever graphical sex games (adventure game)made was kinda like that, but today we have the option of AI like chatgpt4 to get feedback according to pre-written variables. could be fun to go back to use your brain instead of clicking on a pre-written button with text on it :) probably too advanced though :)

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Uh, hasn't she though? The mc forcefully changed her disposition towards him with a magic/mythical item. If her attraction to him was changed by something he did then how was she not mind controlled? Again it just removes all effort from the sounds of it.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Might try to think of limitations like you said, a currency of some sort. Thanks
Give it a good long mulling over, this can be made fun if you dish some actual creativity there.
You can use this as a base:
Maybe something like... mc needs to get himself horny by imagining things with the girl without her noticing (in close proximity to the target girl he needs to do things, sexy things).. and if he succeeds in doing that he then can transfer that horniness to the girl via the book?
And as that horniness accumulates over a few days.. she can then succumb to it and jump mc...

• Red Heart

AstralJam

Sep 4, 2024
Uh, hasn't she though? The mc forcefully changed her disposition towards him with a magic/mythical item. If her attraction to him was changed by something he did then how was she not mind controlled? Again it just removes all effort from the sounds of it.
her attraction to him hasn't changed. it's legit an instrusive thought. its not from 0 to 100. if you have a baby and you think of yeeting it into a wall, do you actually wanna do that? or will u wonder "why would I think about something like that?". now if you had those thoughts everyday, u might think u actually wanna do that and something is wrong with you. or it might make it easier for u to be persuaded into doing that. so no, it doesn't remove all effort.

AstralJam

Sep 4, 2024
I think there are at least 3 games on F95 that have 'death note' as their base if i remember right. :whistle::coffee:

That's what at the top of my head atm. :unsure::coffee:
This idea sounds good... and it makes me actually think of making this a whole 3D unity game. Where you can actually move around. Maybe somewhat similar to yandere simulator.
Well that would mean I would probably be able to release my first version in another 5 months or something though.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
This idea sounds good... and it makes me actually think of making this a whole 3D unity game. Where you can actually move around. Maybe somewhat similar to yandere simulator.
Well that would mean I would probably be able to release my first version in another 5 months or something though.
Don't get too ambitious if this shit is new to you. And personally i don't really like Unity.
Maybe try Godot then or something. :whistle::coffee:

Reactions: Skeltom

AstralJam

Sep 4, 2024
Don't get too ambitious if this shit is new to you. And personally i don't really like Unity.
Lol funny that i actually meant godot, and I literally just opened it rn. i guess it has become better known nowadays. i have more experience working with godot than renpy.
i said unity in case u didn't know about godot

I'm just trying multiple things out right now, I started my journey with twine at first. and basically just moving up and up until I find something that can make my story come to life the best. the twine game i made was okay, but i never released it since I didn't enjoy playing it very much, and I will never realease something that I don't think is good enough for me to play. I'll get to work now enough yapping, thx for advice.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
yes but not sure if I would care if there is any sex in it probably be better without it for me I think the lewd scenes with that graphic style might feel weird to me

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Fuck Unity. With their latest shenanigans of charging for game installations a dev would already need supporters paying them if they wanted to get anywhere financially with a project.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
i guess it has become better known nowadays
Probably not, it's just that here on F95 we often discuss various shit including engines, and i heard this one praised a couple times by various local devs. Must be decent then. :whistle::coffee:
Fuck Unity. With their latest shenanigans of charging for game installations a dev would already need supporters paying them if they wanted to get anywhere financially with a project.
Wasn't it free until X amount users? Or did that change? :whistle::coffee:
but i never released it since I didn't enjoy playing it very much, and I will never realease something that I don't think is good enough for me to play
Tbh in here there you can probably find some weirdos that will like your shit anyway, but up2you. Good luck~ :whistle::coffee:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Wasn't it free until X amount users? Or did that change? :whistle::coffee:
Nothing from them is really free. It goes by lifetime installs as well so once it's out there they try and hold a gun to a person's head for as long as the game is available for download. The game could be done for years and as soon as it hits the quota the dev will start getting charged regularly for it. And to make matters worse the cheapest/free licenses are charged more in the end.

The fee is based on a number of factors, including:

• Thresholds: The fee is activated once a game reaches a certain number of installs and annual revenue. For Unity Personal and Plus users, the threshold is 200,000 lifetime installs and $200,000 in annual revenue.

• License: The fee varies depending on the license the developer has with Unity. For example, Unity Personal developers pay the most, while Unity Enterprise accounts pay the least.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
It goes by lifetime installs as well
How the fuck would they even track all of this?
Makes you wonder how much corpo spyware is stuffed into Unity these days. :whistle::coffee:
The game could be done for years and as soon as it hits the quota the dev will start getting charged regularly for it.
Yikes. I pity the fools who still roll Unity. :whistle::coffee:
and $200,000 in annual revenue.
I wonder if shitreon earnings count towards this lol.
But yeah, who would want this cancer constantly breathing down their necks, Unity is done now in the long run. :whistle::coffee:

Reactions: Skeltom

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
How the fuck would they even track all of this?
Makes you wonder how much corpo spyware is stuffed into Unity these days. :whistle::coffee:

Yikes. I pity the fools who still roll Unity. :whistle::coffee:

I wonder if shitreon earnings count towards this lol.
But yeah, who would want this cancer constantly breathing down their necks, Unity is done now in the long run. :whistle::coffee:
Unity has always has that useless garbage collection, I wouldn't be surprised if the games code itself phones home to let the big wigs know when a title using their shitware has been installed.

• Haha

Tar77

Aug 23, 2019
It's done by using a skin overlay and outlines on the characters, so I do it manually.
Sounds like the right way to do it. Just sounds incredibly time consuming if there's that much manual work done. I don't think the art itself would hold you back but ofc as others have said it still completely depends on the story and writing ect being good.

One issue I would have with it that others might not care as much about is that you're making it very difficult to do any animations. Also might pick a different hair style for MC so it's a little less recognizable as HS2 based art.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Sounds like the right way to do it. Just sounds incredibly time consuming if there's that much manual work done. I don't think the art itself would hold you back but ofc as others have said it still completely depends on the story and writing ect being good.

One issue I would have with it that others might not care as much about is that you're making it very difficult to do any animations. Also might pick a different hair style for MC so it's a little less recognizable as HS2 based art.
The skin overlays used by material editor wont make it any more difficult to make animations but depending on how they outline them it would have to be exported as an image sequence and then encoded into a video after each and every image frame has been edited. If they are adding the outline to the texture then it wouldn't really matter. Though the same can't be said if they plan on exporting the objects and textures to build the animations from scratch to be usable in something like Godot. That's assuming it will even have animations.

Mr. TurTur

Jun 12, 2020
The style alone isn't enough to make me like a game, but it's definitely unique enough to make it stand out and be memorable.