Would you play a game like this?

LuxoGames

Mar 16, 2023
So I'm currently working on a text-based game and I have a strong dislike for long walls of text. Instead, my game will consist of short pieces of text with a lot of decisions to be made. Even the smallest of decisions is much better than having to read through lengthy text. At the moment, I'm focusing on creating a flexible character display that can showcase any pose required for the game. Recently, I've even added jiggle physics and it looks very promising. The game is set in a fantasy world, and my primary objective is to make it feel as open and free as possible. I want the player to feel like they can do anything, so it will be more of a sandbox game than a linear story. Additionally, I would like to include a lot of transformation content, but it might be difficult to incorporate into the character display. Therefore, it may have to be added later on in the development process when I know how many people will be playing it. The game's title is "Limitless Desires".

Netrom

Dec 20, 2017
I am a little confused about what you mean, you start by mentioning, that it is a text-based game, you are working on making. but then you write, that you are working on creating a flexible character display that can showcase any pose required for the game, and that you added jiggle physics. That make it sound more like a "visual novel", not just a text-based game?
I guess, you mean, it is primarily text-based, but with some images/animations?

About the question you put, "would you play a game like this?"
I don't think anyone can answer that from the little you write about your game, as I think, that depends very much about the themes/kink/fetiches there is in the game, and for many (including me), it also depends of what kind of visualizing you make, and the quality of the images/animations..

And I think, it is very difficult to make a good sandbox game, as a lot of sandbox games are very grindy and/or the player have to spend much time searching for the right places to go at the right time.. and the player see the same scenes again and again through the story in many of them, and for these reasons do I get bored with many of the sandbox games I have tried here, before I complete them.

So I doubt, I personally would play your game, unless it somehow catches my interest.

Reactions: LuxoGames

LuxoGames

Mar 16, 2023
I am a little confused about what you mean, you start by mentioning, that it is a text-based game, you are working on making. but then you write, that you are working on creating a flexible character display that can showcase any pose required for the game, and that you added jiggle physics. That make it sound more like a "visual novel", not just a text-based game?
I guess, you mean, it is primarily text-based, but with some images/animations?

About the question you put, "would you play a game like this?"
I don't think anyone can answer that from the little you write about your game, as I think, that depends very much about the themes/kink/fetiches there is in the game, and for many (including me), it also depends of what kind of visualizing you make, and the quality of the images/animations..

And I think, it is very difficult to make a good sandbox game, as a lot of sandbox games are very grindy and/or the player have to spend much time searching for the right places to go at the right time.. and the player see the same scenes again and again through the story in many of them, and for these reasons do I get bored with many of the sandbox games I have tried here, before I complete them.

So I doubt, I personally would play your game, unless it somehow catches my interest.
The character display in my game would be similar to the one in "Degrees of Lewdity", but much more flexible and with the addition of jiggle physics. In a sandbox game, the main objective is to provide players with the freedom to do anything without forcing them to follow specific timelines or visit certain locations. While I am aware that Visual Novels are the most popular NSFW games, there are many successful games that are more game-like than just interactive stories. I understand that the information provided may not be enough to judge the game's quality, but my primary question was to gauge whether the points I did mention would be positively or negatively received by players. Thank you for responding.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Not enough information to truly say if I would play it or not, mainly my concerns are kinda related to the gameplay, I take it that the transformation and general way the game is would be kinda similar to Lilith throne, Corruption of champions 2 and trials in tainted space.

The thing with a sandbox is that you need to make it feel alive, most sandbox games tend to follow the exploring trope of basically a lot of locations that are cool the first time you visit them but after you do the content they end up being empty, on the contrary it would be nice to actually have fewer places/people but more interactive.

Then we have quite a few gameplay related questions such as:

-One person army or do we have party members
-Can the party members be transformed
-What are the effects of transformations

Finally it is important to know the planned fetishes, while I personally tend to not care for them what I do like is feeling that stuff matters, even better when you can live with the consequences (ability to recover from bad situations is always a plus).

Reactions: LuxoGames