[R>Artist 2D] [R>Programmer] [R>Writer] Share Writer with new game idea with inspiration from "Adam & Gaia" and "CoC"

Agitator

Sep 3, 2020
Project:
TLDR; Settle on a new continent and navigate obstacles as you attempt to turn your small settlement into a successful colony all the while making discoveries about this new land that could shape your colony.

I loved the village/settlement management in Adam & Gaia and having played Corruption of Champions, it gave me an idea. A mostly text adventure game set in a fantasy world, where a new continent is discovered and your character wants to settle it and start a new life. Along the way your ship is caught in a storm and sinks but you manage to survive by clinging to some wreckage. Eventually you wash up on shore with very little supplies and will have to find a way to survive. After this the character must find resources on the new continent to build up their home and along the way discover other survivors and settlements, ruins that tell the tale's of past civilizations, and decide to either tame or live in harmony with the wilderness through various decisions. There will be dangers along the way such as Orc raid parties which will steal supplies and kidnap your fellow settlers, as well as beasts and other humanoids (think elf's, dwarves, typical fantasy races ect.) that could help or hinder you in your journey. There won't be many other humans on the continent so you'll have to breed or get bred, depending on gender, to grow your settlement or recruit other races and try to integrate them into your settlement.
This is just a general idea of what I have in mind. If you'd like more detail just ask

Developer:
Currently just me. I have no experience with programming or art which is why I'm here. My main job will be that of a writer.

Looking For:
Anyone you knows how to program, make good art, or likes to write.

Employment Type:
Currently this is just a passion project so I can't offer any form of payment accept my gratitude. If this idea becomes popular enough I'd be happy to share revenue from a Patreon.

Work Commitment:
As this is currently an unpaid project, there won't be much commitment needed besides what you wish to contribute. I hope we can at least get a working test build so that we can get the ball rolling.

Preferred Method of Contact:
On here. F95zone but if you have another preference just let me know.

Job Descriptions:
Programmer- Pretty self explanatory. This is mostly a text adventure game so I was thinking html would be fine but if you think another format would work better then that's fine too.
Artist-You'd be mainly drawing up sprites of characters, locations, events, and encounters. I'm looking for an art style similar to but SFM and anime style is also acceptable. Any art you make is yours and you will own it, you'll just be giving us permission to use it in the game.
Writers-There isn't a main story in this game so how I'm thinking it'll work is you'll create a scene/scenario or a side quest and work on it until you feel it is complete or work on certain scenario's together.

Additional Comments:
If this has been a very wordy post I apologies, I just have a specific vision for the game and wanted to get that across.

This is just an idea that is very much a WIP so if you have any comments, suggestions, or questions feel free to post them.
So much of a WIP in fact that I don't even have a name as I'm just bad at them so I'm just using the place holder 'Colony' for now.

Last edited:

Ms Gavane

Nov 6, 2017
Hi koopatroopa, hit me up and we can talk about potential for web development. I am an inexperienced web designer, but I think I've got enough knowledge to at least get something launched.

Discord: Jaitim#4278
Email: MsGavane@outlook.com (I will try to check this for a while, but I'm not as good at it. Discord at least pings my phone.)

Sep 19, 2020
Hello there. I'm an experienced fiction writer, mainly slice of life flash fiction and speculative fiction for magazines, as well as an ad copy writer.

Edit: I'm also experienced with writing dialog for these sorts of games, thought that was probably worth mentioning.

Discord: Hershel#2276
If you're interested, best to contact me here, so that we can talk about the project.

datdarnotaku

Apr 11, 2021
Hey just wanted to put this out there the creator of adam and gaia gave me permission to create all future Adam and gaia content currently looking for people who are willing to help me (no pay) work on the official 2nd Adam and gaia game I have 3 rough drafts on how I want the game to go story wise while using Faldir's (with his ok) idea for the time period of the game but like I sent on my recruitment forum I need 9 in total for a group of 3's the groups being artist, programmer/coders and proofreaders and writers