Others - Completed - Writhing Play [Final] [Robi]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Thantoast

It's been a while since I've done this and I haven't exactly done a review for this type of game before, but I'll give it the good ol' college try.

Writhing Play is a simulation-type game that utilizes realtime 3D and revolves around sexual torture. There are two modes of play: Scenario and FreePlay, with the former being the story mode and the latter being a mode that grants you the freedom to set up your own erotic scenarios.

Playing the game is ezpz. All you have to do is rape and torture, until it is done. To elaborate, the goal of the game is to complete a minigame involving two gauges by performing sex acts on the characters, causing them to writhe in pleasure. To perform the sex act of a particular scenario, move the mouse up and down in a specific rhythm. Doing so causes the "Pleasure" gauge to go up. Be careful not to continuously repeat the same rhythm as this will cause the "Resistance" graph on the bottom left to move corresponding to the 4 types of mouse movement, resulting in a decrease in pleasure gain. Once the "Pleasure" gauge is maxed, this will cause the "Mind" gauge to go down. When the "Mind" gauge reaches a certain threshold, this will cause a shift in the personality of the character being bad-touched. Upon reaching the first threshold, the character becomes "Dazed, reeling, about to break." When they reach the second threshold, they've broke.

Now I'd like to list the pros and cons that I've written down while playing this game.
    Pros
    The two big things that definitely stood out to me were the variety and voice-acting. For a game like this, there has to be good variety in the sex scenes, and I feel this game delivers in that regard. In terms of voice-acting everyone gives a super solid performance, especially when it comes to the blowjob scene. Everyone in this game (including the guy) is able to sell me on their ability give some good-ass head, sparing my ears from horrible dentist saliva vacuum ASMR.

Cons
    My cons have to do with the FreePlay mode of the game. FreePlay mode is actually a pretty big plus to play the game as it essentially lets you create your own doujin story by allowing you choose whose doing what to whom in any scenario you desire. My gripe is that there isn't an option to set a character in all the passive or active roles for all the scenes; you gotta manually set them, and that's a bit of a pain. Another problem with FreePlay is that there isn't a way to switch between active and passive roles while in a sex scene. This means that in order to have the characters switch places during, say, the doggystyle scene, you have to manually exit to the scene editor.

Overall, this game was very enjoyable and I hope to see more awesome stuff like this from the game dev and voice actors in the future.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Takoto Ama

Quick review:

This futa-on-female focused realtime 3D mindbreak game is interesting. I'm not a huge futa person and the game veers dangerously close to loli territory but it still works pretty well. The sex controls are sometimes some of the best I've ever used, sometimes confusingly nonresponsive. The objective system is a little confusing, but the story continues even if you get middling results. I love the themes. The art and voice acting are great. It even has VR support!

This game is just flat-out conflicting for me. I'll be watching what Robi puts out in the future.