• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[S>Programmer] [S>Proofreader] [S>Writer] Writing/Renpy coding services available

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Skills:
Programming: Renpy(python), also familiar with some other languages that aren't very relevant. (c++, java, JS, html). No experience with unity or rpgm, and I don't feel like learning them if I'm being quite honest, so on the programming side I'd prefer to stick to renpy projects. As as writer, I'm fairly versatile, if you're someone with ideas who wants them fleshed out, that I can do, or if you need the ideas, I have those as well.

Preferred method of contact:
PM here for now.

Employment Type & Rates:
Can be discussed. I'm versatile depending on project, but please note my goal here is to use anything I make to fund my own project, so I'm not interested in any long-term rev share unless it's a project I can really get into. While I'm open to short term rev share (or long-term if I really like the project), any proofreading services would be paid only. As for what proofreading would entail - essentially going over the entire script checking for grammar and spelling errors, fixing them appropriately, and helping to make conversations "flow" more naturally.

Availability:
Pretty open, can be discussed.

Work Samples:
I've provided a few things on these forums here and there. Currently I have my own project (here) which is on hold due to lack of an artist at the moment. I'm not going to release it publicly before It's completed, but upon contact if you have any serious project, I can provide what I put together so far (which is limited due to lack of art, but still robust enough. A few UI changes, a couple of working minigames, a functional phone/text message system, plus the main game. There are definitely a few things that need polish but I was waiting for some art assets to do that, so it'll be a while before I swing back to fixing them. And of course, the writing).

Additional comments:

I'd love to get to work on my own project again, which it seems is currently awaiting an artist (link here if you happen to be a 3d artist who's interested), but of course most artists don't want to work for free - which makes sense, I get it - so if I can eventually afford to pay someone for everything I need, that'd be great too.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
On the programming side I have no restrictions aside from preferring to stick to renpy for now because It'd take too much time to learn yet another system (unity/rpgm/etc). On the writing side, I will not get involved with certain fetishes - specifically NTR, bdsm, femdom, futa, these are things I won't write. Aside from those I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I'd prefer to stay away from, so we can discuss whatever you have in mind further. Also important note regarding my own project: Because I'm waiting for an artist now, I'm way ahead on the work there, so even if an artist comes along, I'll have to wait a while for them to catch up before I make any real progress on it. What does this mean? It means I won't have to abandon anything halfway through, and I'll be able to see anything I commit to through to completion.

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Still looking for work, or an artist who wants to jump in on my own project.

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hey - Dev of "Where the Heart is", looking to expand the team. Send me a DM if you want to chat further.