Ren'Py - Wyvern Ball Z [v1] [Alter Ergo]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Hollowbankai

As you can see from the the Version the game is in it’s early stages of development while being enjoyable as a game it has some glaring weaknesses in other aspects...lets dive in

The game starts with our protagonist fighting his fried and losing to her in battle. Afterwards they have sex and he discovers that he has the power to awaken the hidden potential of warriors by fucking them and get stronger in the process.

So how do you get stronger ?

At the beginning you will most likely just sit in training mode and let the animations play until you gained enough money to buy a new character or new positions to enjoy the training mode more. Alternatively you could conquer planets and spam the advance button to passively gain money and BP which you can use to upgrade your planets to gain even more money.

Upgrading the Zennies gained seems to be more lucrative because you will hit the BP cap very fast with only 3 characters (the files hint to there being 5 characters but i couldn’t figure out how to unlock them).

After you hit the BP cap you can still gain max BP by using the training mode but you only gain 1 BP roughly every 3 seconds when not using transformations and if you use Shenlong your BP won’t increase at all and be locked at 45k if you have all 3 characters.

Every ten minutes you can find a dragon ball collect seven of them and you are able to make a wish but the wishes are very weak in comparison to what you already have at this stage. They might get stronger once more content is included.

You can also buy different transformation (at the time of writing this only one was available and a lot of shops were just empty) which can be used in training mode to gain a buff for a limited time. The transformation itself has a cooldown which is roughly 10 minutes after which they can be used again. This cooldown will also reset when you reach a new month.

You can advance time in this game like i already teased in the conquer section. You have two options when advancing time.

You can jump a third of a day or you can jump a full day. Jumping a full day is limited to 10 per month. There is no penalty in just clicking advance a day until you have everything you want.

Which brings me to the worst thing in the game to this date the monetization

The game in itself can be enjoyable it’s a bit grindy and there are no goals to work towards to in the current version but it seems to have some depth to it with the different stats you can build and customize your character which will have a much bigger influence in later versions. So to speak it performs well within it’s respective genre.

What really grinds my gears though is how the game markets itself. Firstly you get ads in the game every few days (roughly 3 times a month). They are skippable and only mildly annoying which is not the worst.

If you decide to support the creator you can do so by visiting their Patreon. You can choose from 3 tiers. First you have the 5 dollar tier in which you can get the game earlier (15 days after release public version is 60 days after release) or if you don’t want to wait you can buy into the 9 dollar tier which is limited or the 12 dollar tier which is the same as the 9 dollar tier but not limited.

In my opinion this is one of the worst plans i have ever seen on Patreon not only that you have to wait 15 days even when supporting the game the creator is also playing with FOMO with the limited tier. With these practices and the ingame ads it truly feels like a modern mobile game.

Like i stated above the game in itself is not bad but i would wait at least half a year to play a version that has some content and in which we can see how the systems actually work or if they work at all. Also i think the description should be more clear on what is actually included in the game because if you just go of the preview images you will be disappointed.