l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
In all honesty, I've been watching Newlife's progress (for lack of a better word...) for over 3 years now and I can say it is my fav game ever. Problem is, the dev has been stalling development for like the last 4 years, and I just hope you don't fall in the same trap.
Well, I can’t say for sure what the future holds. But I can say that I’ve already done all the difficult/annoying work in my game, and it is extremely fun to code new content now. It is almost like simply writing a story.

Whereas looking at how Newlife is coded, it looks like a major pain in the butt to add new content.

NextTimeMaybe

Jan 27, 2018
Well, I can’t say for sure what the future holds. But I can say that I’ve already done all the difficult/annoying work in my game, and it is extremely fun to code new content now. It is almost like simply writing a story.

Whereas looking at how Newlife is coded, it looks like a major pain in the butt to add new content.
Ikr, the thread on Newlife is full of 'spaghetti code' mentions :D
Anyway, let me know if you need another writer (that's sorta how I make a living) or proofreader (I spotted a couple errors in the text, mostly typos). If you ever feel like sharing the effort, just PM me

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
I cannot find this button to try cheats
It's not yet in the offline version. But here's the latest version, including cheats, if you want to try it before I release it. Go to the menu (after already starting a game) -> game settings -> then look for the pager icon and click it.

Vicissitudo

Jun 23, 2020
At this point I want to say that I really enjoy your game!

I love the variety/randomization and I hope you will introduce more variables in the future!
Also love the job/demonstration mechanics, I believe you had a hard time coding that part of the game.

Question: I noticed there are 2 versions of each card one animated and one not. It's that on purpose? How to get one over the other?

Little recommendation, since I see you've put a lot of effort dividing events that include different ethnicity both of the main character and the people you meet (yes, I've sneaked into the game's folders cause I was curious), there are some scenes which are a bit messed up. Like if you pick the black guy then you have the intercourse with your step sister as white guy.

Anyway I really hope you'll add more and more characters and variables as long as with hidden characters/scenes to discover! I find that, on my personal taste, very intriguing.

NextTimeMaybe

Jan 27, 2018
At this point I want to say that I really enjoy your game!

I love the variety/randomization and I hope you will introduce more variables in the future!
Also love the job/demonstration mechanics, I believe you had a hard time coding that part of the game.

Question: I noticed there are 2 versions of each card one animated and one not. It's that on purpose? How to get one over the other?

Little recommendation, since I see you've put a lot of effort dividing events that include different ethnicity both of the main character and the people you meet (yes, I've sneaked into the game's folders cause I was curious), there are some scenes which are a bit messed up. Like if you pick the black guy then you have the intercourse with your step sister as white guy.

Anyway I really hope you'll add more and more characters and variables as long as with hidden characters/scenes to discover! I find that, on my personal taste, very intriguing.
The animated cards had "foil" in the description, so I sorta presumed they were mint condition, and worth more. Come to think of it, not sure I get that right

Reactions: Vicissitudo

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
The animated cards had "foil" in the description, so I sorta presumed they were mint condition, and worth more. Come to think of it, not sure I get that right
The foil cards are always worth more than their non-foil counterparts. But not all foils are worth more than all non-foils. Being foil always bumps up a card by one level of rarity. The rarity is the little icon (circle = common, square = uncommon, star = rare) to the right of the card title.

Soon I'll be allowing you to buy cards directly from the comic book store, so you'll get a better idea what they're worth. When you sell them back to the store, you are only getting a fraction of their real world value.
I'll definitely add the race various of stepsister scenes where possible, but at the time I coded that scene, there weren't any good / equivalent interracial scenes with Alexia Anders (the stepsister model). Now there are a few, though I am not sure they are in the same context as the scene. I'll have to take a look...

PregKing

Aug 13, 2019
Other than being collectables, are the cards going to do anything game wise? I'm looking forward to the breeder gameplay once you get around to it though. Not that I'll probably get my character knocked up in a hurry or anything...

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Other than being collectables, are the cards going to do anything game wise? I'm looking forward to the breeder gameplay once you get around to it though. Not that I'll probably get my character knocked up in a hurry or anything...
Don’t worry PregKing, I’m super into pregnancy risk etc and there will definitely be major gameplay elements around that.

The cards will have some more functionality, but exist mainly as a collectible and secondary currency. When you collect full sets of them, you will be able to unlock unique scenes and bonuses.

Aromabish

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2017
Don’t worry PregKing, I’m super into pregnancy risk etc and there will definitely be major gameplay elements around that.

The cards will have some more functionality, but exist mainly as a collectible and secondary currency. When you collect full sets of them, you will be able to unlock unique scenes and bonuses.
I see breeder pill in main post. So, how does it affect gameplay right now?

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
How come you can only give blow jobs rather than having sex?
Because I haven’t implemented randomized sex scenes yet. Check back in a couple months and they should be done.

That said, there are a bunch of sex scenes on knockoff / temporary pills. You can check out the tip jar in the cafe for clues to unlocking them.
What does masculinity/femininity do right now?
Right now, it does a lot of little things under the hood. You’ll feel less embarrassed about doing slutty things with lower masculinity, basically.
I see breeder pill in main post. So, how does it affect gameplay right now?
Very minorly right now. In the mall cop shoplifting scene, if you have sex with the mall cop on a Breeder pill, you won’t have the option to ask him to pull out.

Pregnancy system not implenented yet so no consequences for creampies.

Aromabish

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2017
Because I haven’t implemented randomized sex scenes yet. Check back in a couple months and they should be done.

That said, there are a bunch of sex scenes on knockoff / temporary pills. You can check out the tip jar in the cafe for clues to unlocking them.

Right now, it does a lot of little things under the hood. You’ll feel less embarrassed about doing slutty things with lower masculinity, basically.

Very minorly right now. In the mall cop shoplifting scene, if you have sex with the mall cop on a Breeder pill, you won’t have the option to ask him to pull out.

Pregnancy system not implenented yet so no consequences for creampies.
Well, okay.
I you'll need some assets for pregnancy related stuff just pm me. I still have archive from my previous game and also some prepared for a future possible updates.

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
Well, okay.
I you'll need some assets for pregnancy related stuff just pm me. I still have archive from my previous game and also some prepared for a future possible updates.
That would be awesome! I am planning to do "montage" scenes of pregnancy where time speeds up, but with some details and minor scenes about daily life, etc. Just to kind of make the player feel like they went through it. I'll ping you when the time comes, or feel free to just send me the archive anytime and I'll put it in my project area for future use.
Easily one of the best genderbender games I have ever played. Can't wait for further content!
Glad you're enjoying it!! I'm working hard on the next update now :)

voerman

Apr 8, 2020
I noticed that once masculinity drops below a certain threshold, you no longer get the masculinity identity crisis tests.

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
I noticed that once masculinity drops below a certain threshold, you no longer get the masculinity identity crisis tests.
Good spot! Every trigger for the masculinity events is dynamic. Each action that triggers them will have an inherent masculinity level. Say, a blowjob is equal to a masculinity of 60 or something like that. As long as you have have a masculinity higher than that, you will get the masculinity minigame / identity crisis, because you're doing something that's in conflict with your current masculinity.

But once you're "used to" doing that stuff, it will get less and less problematic for you. You won't lose identity as quickly if you "ease yourself into it".

Reactions: hp_surfer

NextTimeMaybe

Jan 27, 2018
Good spot! Every trigger for the masculinity events is dynamic. Each action that triggers them will have an inherent masculinity level. Say, a blowjob is equal to a masculinity of 60 or something like that. As long as you have have a masculinity higher than that, you will get the masculinity minigame / identity crisis, because you're doing something that's in conflict with your current masculinity.

But once you're "used to" doing that stuff, it will get less and less problematic for you. You won't lose identity as quickly if you "ease yourself into it".
How about Identity? Does anything actually happen once I reach 0?

4.60 star(s) 84 Votes