fayoun

Mar 23, 2018
From the point of view of a single developer I can understand you, but please be aware that if you only optimize for Chrome Engine, you are contributing to a return to the bad old days of Internet Explorer 6. Back then nearly all webistes were not following standards , but were build only to work with IE6. Firefox helped to break this trend and made standards viable again.
Now Google is on the brink to control the Internet in this way as Firefox is the only major browder (I know of) out there which does not use the Chrome engine. And optimizing only for Chrome contributes to the fact that this is bad.
Dude, XCL won't have a significant impact on which browser people will use and I think the devs are free to choose what browser to optimize the game for. Just embrace big brother and chill ;)

carabasse

Feb 28, 2018
Started a new game...
I ran into an issue where guys won't actually pay me for sex.
I mean, they offer to pay me, but I won't actually get the money.

Z3r0K00l

Aug 30, 2022
From the point of view of a single developer I can understand you, but please be aware that if you only optimize for Chrome Engine, you are contributing to a return to the bad old days of Internet Explorer 6. Back then nearly all webistes were not following standards , but were build only to work with IE6. Firefox helped to break this trend and made standards viable again.
Now Google is on the brink to control the Internet in this way as Firefox is the only major browder (I know of) out there which does not use the Chrome engine. And optimizing only for Chrome contributes to the fact that this is bad.
The game doesnt have poor performance because the dev has optimized for chrome, it has poor performance because its a fact that firefox is inherently slower than chrome, and its firefox own fault because they seem more interested in politics rather than in improving their browser. focusing on chrome is the best choice for a dev because you get better performance out of the box without a hassle.

and i say this as someone who daily drives firefox btw.

EDIT: Do not misunderstand my post as me placing all the burden of performance on the browser alone, when it comes down to it there's a heavy price to pay for Harlowe's abstractions but Firefox will slow down earlier than Chrome due to their different JavaScript engines. The bottleneck itself in this case is no other than Harlowe, Harlowe was meant for small text-based games of the CYOA style not for this kind of heavily interactive game with lots of media.
The game will continue getting slower as it grows and Firefox will continue slowing down earlier.

Last edited:

Melphy

Aug 30, 2017
Hrm, can the people at the office only ever use 24 hour pills on you? If so, might be interesting if, with a high enough slut level, they might go for more.

Reactions: Thorsten

meatloaf1123

Mar 1, 2020
Hrm, can the people at the office only ever use 24 hour pills on you? If so, might be interesting if, with a high enough slut level, they might go for more.
they definitely will use different pills on you, got spiked with a breeder pill on one of my playthrough and that pill lasted around 1 week iirc

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
I noticed Bar drugging mod is not working.
Code:
:: bar drug start [bar_exit]
{
    (if:$today_events does not contain "barstuck")[     
        (set:$today_events to $today_events + (a:"barstuck"))
        (unless:$character's "gender" is "female" or $drugging is "Non-con: Disabled")[
            (set:_exit to "false")
            (set:$next to "bar drug check motivation")
            (display:"change screen")
        ]
    ]
}

:: bar drug check motivation
{
    (set:_drugreason to "no")

<!-- this is here to account for old versions of BarDrug -->
    (if:$drugpilled is "yes")[(set:$drugpilled to 1)]
    (if:$drugpilled is "no")[(set:$drugpilled to 0)]

(if:$drugpilled > 0)[
        (if:$character's "masculinity" < 71) [
            (if:(random:1, 11) < 10)[
                (set: _drugreason to "Sorry but you are way too sexy!")
            ]
        ]
        (if:$stats's "sex as guy" > 2)[
            (if:(random:1, 12) < 11)[
                (set: _drugreason to "Stay away from our girls!")
            ]   
        ]
        (if:$stats's "sex as girl" < 2 )[
            (if:(random:1, 12) < (12-$stats's "sex as girl")) [
                (set: _drugreason to "I love the new ones!")
            ]
        ]
    ]
    (else:)[
            ]
        ]
            ]   
        ]
            ]
        ]
    ]

(if:_drugreason is "no")[
        (set:$next to "bar exit check")(display:"change screen")
    ]
        (set:$drugpilled to $drugpilled + 1)
        (if:$drugpilled is 5)[
            (set:$next to "bar drug auction start")(display:"next")
        ]
        (else-if: ($drugpilled > 5) and ((random:1,3) is 1))[
        ]
            (set:$next to "bar drug backroom")(display:"next")
        ]
    ]
}
How would I edit this code to get it working again.

Z3r0K00l

Aug 30, 2022
How do you get into the new secretary job?, i've got the gitgut build of the game on my pc but i cant seem to find a way to get it, is it through the sales job?.

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
I just use Chrome for this game and don't browse the web with it. For the Internet, I've found Brave to be faster than Chrome. It uses the Chrome core but with all the spyware and nonsense removed. Brave will also work with Chrome extensions because of the Chrome core. I'm using a gaming PC and I still noticed a decent performance improvement when I switched from Chrome to Brave. I have had some minor issues playing this game with Brave so I use Chrome only for this game.

Reactions: l1lym

l1lym

Aphrodite, creator of X-Change Life™
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
How do you get into the new secretary job?, i've got the gitgut build of the game on my pc but i cant seem to find a way to get it, is it through the sales job?.
You can’t get to it via gameplay yet, it’s still in development, sectioned off - when testing I trigger it in the debug console

Reactions: Z3r0K00l

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
I noticed Bar drugging mod is not working.
Code:
:: bar drug start [bar_exit]
{
    (if:$today_events does not contain "barstuck")[    
        (set:$today_events to $today_events + (a:"barstuck"))
        (unless:$character's "gender" is "female" or $drugging is "Non-con: Disabled")[
            (set:_exit to "false")
            (set:$next to "bar drug check motivation")
            (display:"change screen")
        ]
    ]
}

:: bar drug check motivation
{
    (set:_drugreason to "no")

<!-- this is here to account for old versions of BarDrug -->
    (if:$drugpilled is "yes")[(set:$drugpilled to 1)]
    (if:$drugpilled is "no")[(set:$drugpilled to 0)]

(if:$drugpilled > 0)[
            ]
        ]
            ]  
        ]
            ]
        ]
    ]
            ]
        ]
            ]  
        ]
            ]
        ]
    ]

(if:_drugreason is "no")[
        (set:$next to "bar exit check")(display:"change screen")
    ]
        (set:$drugpilled to $drugpilled + 1)
        (if:$drugpilled is 5)[
        ]
        (else-if: ($drugpilled > 5) and ((random:1,3) is 1))[
        ]
            (set:$next to "bar drug backroom")(display:"next")
        ]
    ]
}
How would I edit this code to get it working again.
Hi, you can either report the issue on #mod-bug-reports in the Discord, or report it to the author on the mod-specific thread on LoversLab:

sx421

Jun 21, 2022
The game doesnt have poor performance because the dev has optimized for chrome, it has poor performance because its a fact that firefox is inherently slower than chrome, and its firefox own fault because they seem more interested in politics rather than in improving their browser. focusing on chrome is the best choice for a dev because you get better performance out of the box without a hassle.

and i say this as someone who daily drives firefox btw.
FWIW, I have only played XCL in Firefox and I've never had a (Firefox specific) problem with either a release or even when playing around with modding and test builds from the source/on gitgud.

Reactions: Bagley and l1lym

hilopop

May 8, 2023
One thing that might be fun is surprise to the sex scenes.

Maybe you could hide the male pleasure bar and you could maybe give hints about his status (hard/throbbing/frantic ect.) but even just hiding the bar and making the stamina very different between NPCs would be good.

I think it can be fun if halfway through the blowjob game he starts spurting or if you're trying to cum and no idea how close he is.

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019

Maybe you could hide the male pleasure bar and you could maybe give hints about his status (hard/throbbing/frantic ect.) but even just hiding the bar and making the stamina very different between NPCs would be good.

I think it can be fun if halfway through the blowjob game he starts spurting or if you're trying to cum and no idea how close he is.
Ooh I like that idea of having the pleasure bar be invisible and only communicating through writing. Will have to explore that...

l1lym

Game Developer
Jan 21, 2019
so I would guess the secretary job is as big as the update for this new promotion and lead update right?
Yeah, in terms of the sheer amount content then it's probably a bit bigger, although it's more "concentrated". It's basically a whole parallel career path, as well as acting as sort of a punishment system for being bad at sales.

It is going to interact strongly with the workplace progression stuff in place - you'll be able to work as a secretary some days and a salesperson on other days to achieve the maximum money-making potential. And you'll interact with the same NPCs as a secretary and the relationship effects will carry over between the two roles. Working as a secretary, you'll earn "points" from doing admin work that you can spend on a variety of things to represent what you worked on - you can redeem points to upgrade the leads you have, or you can convert them to money, or get stuff like a nice massage at the corporate spa! Lol

Anyhow it's still very much a WIP... I'm just mainly trying to capture the power dynamics and give some really good big tits content so lythucphuong97 will stop attacking me for doing small tits stuff! :)

TheFamilyDog

Jan 25, 2022
Anyhow it's still very much a WIP... I'm just mainly trying to capture the power dynamics and give some really good big tits content so lythucphuong97 will stop attacking me for doing small tits stuff! :)
At least in the office my guy works, its more about the presentation with the PowerPoints then the size.

kzaazul

Aug 4, 2020

At high masculinity, the player character can't initiate a kiss with males. Maybe, at those levels, the pleasure bar could be hidden, as a way of showing how the character still isn't accepting that (s)he is trying to pleasure a guy?

rndmann

Feb 11, 2019
I guess you can't impregnate female NPCs as male player? :cry:

Edit: Nevermind, I saw some posts from a few months ago confirming this. Sorry for asking the same question again. All girls in the bar mention they are not on birth control so I thought that was an implication for impregnation content but I guess not.

Edit2: No matter how much I make girls cum (my record is 6) their satisfaction doesn't go beyond 5/10. I thought if I could raise that to 10/10 they will not get angry after cummed inside but I can't. I wonder if this stops interacting with them indefinitely?

Last edited:

Newone92

Nov 2, 2022
find interesting 4 some scene with lana rhoades , leah gotti and 2 black guys , i have an interesting idea about transformed player as lana at the bar can trigger that scene with leah

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes